Broken Heart

Recuperating From The Past

*Narrator’s POV*

Ever since the Changmi incident at the park, Yunho had grown so quiet and avoided everyone. Everyone noticed this, especially his best friend, Jaejoong. Yunho used to live with Changmi back then, and though he acted cold towards her, he loved her a lot. On the inside, he cared and loved her more than his life.


Jaejoong grew worried seeing Yunho’s condition but he didn’t have any courage to talk to Yunho. Those two were on their way to buy some groceries, but as usual, Yunho remained silent all the way to the store. Jaejoong was still hesitating to open his mouth even after they reached their destination. It took them one hour to buying everything they needed, but Jae still hadn’t said a word.

 

*Yunho’s POV*

“AISH Yun, I forget to buy Chinnie’s diapers. That onion guy might nag at me later on!” I heard Jaejoong mumble and shake his head.


‘This guy, can he stop being so forgetful for once?’ I sighed to myself and turned my head to him “Go buy it. I can wait for you here.” I assured him as I signaled him to go.


Jaejoong ran to the mall with all the strength he had. ‘Aish he didn’t need to run, it’s still early.’ I leaned my back against the wall while waiting for him. Soon I caught a glimpse of a familiar face walking passed me. I immediately snapped out my thought and approached the person. ‘It can’t be her but I hope it is her.’ I grabbed the person’s arm gently as she tilted his head curiously at me.


“Chang-mi.” A big smiled found its way on my lips and without any hesitation I pulled Changmi into a tight hug. “Changmi, I missed you a lot. Where have you been?”


She didn’t hug me back but instead she pushed me away. I was taken aback, “Chang-mi? Why?” I gazed at Changmi’s perfect face trying to find an answer for her actions. I missed those eyes that always gave me a breathtaking stare, her nose that used to cringe cutely when we joked, those cheeks that turned red every time I flirted with her, and those lips that used to give me sweet kisses before.


“Why?” She hissed at my words and crossed her arms.


I took her hand gently and stared at her face with a soft expression, “Changmi, I missed you a lot. That time at park, why did you leave? Didn’t you miss me?”

 

*Changmi’s POV*

I was walking along the street. I just got back from the mall. It was normal for it to be crowded on Saturdays. I sighed heavily as the memory that I built with Yunho oppa appeared again. ‘Jung–Yunho, why you cheated on me?’ I blinked away my tears and continued walking. I felt someone was grasping my arm with a soft touch, and I didn’t know why but it felt as if I was used to this touch before.


I stopped walking and turned my head facing the person. I gasped as I saw the sight in front of me ‘Ju-ng Yun-ho?’ My breath started to hitch.


“Chang-mi.” He called my name with his gentle voice but I didn’t know how to react causing me to be paralyzed in my place. I stood in front of him, dumfounded, until he pulled me into a breathtaking hug that I missed a lot along with his warmness.


“Changmi, I missed you a lot. Where have you been?” He whispered into my ears, sending a chill down my spine. As much as I wanted to hug him back, my brain refused to do so. I pushed his chest lightly, causing him to gawk in surprise.


He gazed at me softly, “Chang-mi? Why?” His voice sounded surprise with my sudden actions.


‘Don’t give me that look, Yunho, I fell in love with you because of those eyes.’ I averted my eyes from him and hated to admit this, but whenever I was with him my heart craved for him.


“Why?” I scoffed at his question, causing him to jerk his eyes widely at me. I crossed my arms and tried my all best for not letting my tears leave the corner of my eyes. Shortly after that, I felt his warm skin brushed against my hand as he took my hand and held it tightly.


He sighed and gave me a soft stare that he used to give to me before, “Changmi, I missed you a lot. That time at park, why you leave? Didn’t you miss me?”


I felt bad for ignoring him as I still love him a lot, but I couldn’t be a loser and give in this easily.


Pulling my hand harshly back I shot him a glare, “Miss me? I should have known that you missed me so much that you had time to search for another woman and make love with her.”


“What are you talking about? I don’t understand, Changmi. Which woman?” He looked at me with his confused eyes.


“Stop acting, will you? That time at the park, you were with your daughter. You are married right? Jerk.” I muttered the last word and looked away.


“Chinnie? She is not-” before he was able to finish his words, I cut him off. “OH CHINNIE? You even used the name that I wanted to give to my future baby!” I stared at him in disbelief as tears started to form again in my eyes. He grasped my hands and tried to convince me but everything he said seemed like a lie. ‘I can’t believe he would betray me like this.’


“Stop it. I DON’T NEED YOUR EXPLANATIONS, JUNG YUNHO!” I shut my eyes tightly as tears started to cascade down. He about to open his mouth, but I held my palms up in front of his face “Don’t talk to me. I hate you, Jung Yunho. Thanks for make me wait like this for a year and a half.” I started sobbing and ran away as fast I could from there.

 

*Narrator’s POV*

Jaejoong walked out from the mall angrily, “Damn that cashier. Freaking slow, like a snail!” He hissed and kicked some random can on the street.


‘Yunho? Who is that with him?’ He stared at Yunho and Changmi curiously as many questions started to form in his mind. He stepped closer to the couple and hide behind the building because he wanted to watch what was going on between his best friend and the unknown woman with him. Yunho tried to search for Changmi after she ran away, but she was nowhere to be found. Yunho grew frustrated as he ruffled his back hair angrily, “DAMN IT, YUNHO!” He punched the wall as hard as he could and cried silently.


It was a big surprise to Jaejoong since he never saw Yunho cried before. ‘The girl must be very special to him’ he thought and sighed heavily. Jaejoong approached his friend slowly and tapped his back “Yun, are you okay? Can we go home now?”


Yunho nodded slightly and walked ahead him causing Jaejoong to grow even more worriedly about him. ‘I must ask him about that girl later. I have a feeling that the girl was Changmi, the same one that he met in the park.’ He walked after Yunho silently as unanswered questions kept on popping inside his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~