A Bitter Past (Part 2)

Recuperating From The Past

*Yunho’s POV*

I took a long pause as I gathered all the sour memory and sighed wearily, “That night…”

 

*FLASHBACK*

I walked home with a heavy heart. I couldn’t believe that I need to do this. I didn’t want to hurt Changmi, but this is for Suhwan’s sake.


“Leave Changmi, then I will clear up Suhwan’s hospital bill. I promise, I will settle it as long as you leave Changmi. Because of Changmi, you ditch all your duties and don’t pay attention to your work.” Minwoo hissed.


“I don’t want to do your dirty work and I can go make money on my own for Suhwan. You and your stupid followers disgust me.” I rolled my eyes in annoyance causing Minwoo’s followers to start cracking their knuckles ready to attack me. He held them back as he spoke with an arrogant grin on his face, “Don’t be too cocky, Yunho. You know that Suhwan needs the treatment as soon as possible or else he is going to die.”


“I never knew you would be willing to sacrifice your own brother’s life for someone like Changmi.” He brought his phone closed to his ear and the loudspeaker.


“Yes, the patient named Jung Suhwan needs the treatment as soon as possible. But we couldn’t reach his brother. Could you please tell his brother to meet us today along with the money?” I heard a girl’s voice through the speaker.


Minwoo ended the call and shifted his eyes to me, “You heard that Yunho. Suhwan needs the treatment or else…. he will DIE.”


I clutched my hand into a tight fist and gritted my teeth but I didn’t know what to do now, “Fine.” I said bluntly not looking at those jerks.


Minwoo clapped his hand and slung his arm around my neck, “Good Yunho. I will transfer the money soon. That was a good choice.” He patted my back and walked away from there with a satisfied smile on his face.


I closed my eyes and took a deep breath at the flashback running through my head. I didn’t want to walk inside because I did not want to say those cruel words to her, but I had no choice.


“Just got back?” Changmi’s sweet voice greeted me as soon as I walked into the apartment. I looked at her as a guilty feeling started to take control of me. I can’t simply chase her out from here because she has suffered enough thanks to her step-father and didn’t have anywhere to go.


“Yunho oppa, why did you join a gang?” I gawked at Changmi’s sudden question.


‘How did she know about that? No, damn.  Don’t tell me Minwoo told her everything.’ I gulped and looked away, “Why you want to know? This is not your business.” I hissed harshly trying to keep the.


Tears start to form inside Changmi’s eyes, “Yunho oppa, I thought you worked but I never expect that you would join a gang. Do you enjoy to duress innocent people and get money from them?”


I shot her a cold stare, “I told you. Don’t interrupt in my personal matters.” I quickly looked away but I couldn’t bear to see her tears cascading down her cheeks.


I heard her hissed and chuckled coldly, “Don’t interrupt your personal matter? Who am I to you, oppa? What happened to my sweet Yunho oppa? Why are you being like this? Why are you treating me like trash? You are nice when you want to be but out of the blue you change into a mean person for now reason. This is not the real relationship that I want. I want someone that is willing to love me without any hesitation. You kept all your secrets from me. You never speak to me when you have problems. Am I that useless?” I was shocked with Changmi’s long speech but I remained silent as she continued, “I thought you were the man that could protect me from everything and be my shield. I was wrong, oppa. You are just like all the other guys, and I’m tired with your emotionless attitude. I’m the only one who wants to continue this relationship because you don’t care about it.”


I had a big urge to hug her, but I tried my best to hold back my feeling ‘This is for Suhwan. Don’t do anything stupid, Yunho.  She doesn’t know anything about Suhwan.’


Changmi rushed to her room and walked out with her luggage. I shifted my eyes from her and held back my tears from flowing.


“I won’t come back until you change, Jung Yunho.” With those last words she walked out from my house. I stiffened at the words as tears start to roll down on my flush cheeks, ‘She is gone. She is really g-one. I’m sorry, Changmi.’ I grasped my back hair tightly and stared blankly at the door. I snapped out the thought and wanted to run after her but before I could do so, I received a call from the hospital. “Jung Yunho sshi? I’m sorry. We couldn’t save your brother. We are so sorry, Yunho sshi.” I dropped onto my knees and frozen.


“S-uhwan….” I was so shocked and couldn’t believe that I lost my brother forever.


“S-uhwan…. Chang-mi.” I bawled and blamed myself for Suhwan’s death. That day I lost the two most precious people in my life.

*END OF FLASHNBACK*


I looked down trying to avoid Jaejoong’s sympathetic eyes. “That’s why I was in a gang until you came to save me. Ever since that day, I never met Changmi even though I tried to find her but it was useless.”

 

*Jaejoong’s POV*

I froze at Yunho’s story but I didn’t know that this cold and tough guy faced these kinds of horrendous incidents in his life. I placed my hand on his shoulder and hugged him slightly, “Yun, that is not your fault. That was the time for him to go.” I tried to calm him down. This was my first time hugging a guy but I threw away all the thoughts and gave Yun a hug. A hug might help him because he really needs someone that can calm him down right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you see Jaejoong calling Yunho "hyung" that is a mistake! Jae's character was originally written with a different person in mind, but Jae is just too perfect to be left out. :3 Yes, LoveYouMika is a HUGE DBSK fan...I mean HUGGGGEEEEE! XD