Yoon Bomi

Old Friends

 

"MOM" Chorong yelled as her mom continued to ramble on the phone. "YES. I TOLD YOU I HAVE A JOB"   

 

"Honey, you know you could have just said so." Chorong rolled her eyes as her mothers voice changed. "So tell me how is it?" 

 

"Teaching? . The kids are brats, the teachers are worse." Chorong sighed as she plopped on the couch. "But hey my fault right mom."  

 

"Oh honey, you know we support your choice to leave law school." Chorong pulled her phone away from her ear not wanting to hear whatever her mother was going to say about her life choices.  

 

"Oh mom someone's at the door! bye." Chorong threw her phone as she pulled up her bowl of cereal starting to enjoy her lovely breakfast. "Crap" Chorong breathed out as she dropped a spoonful on her baggy sweater. She got up from the couch and made her way to the kitchen mumbling to herself on the way. She threw the bowl into the sink, and grabbed a napkin from the counter dabbing it on the spot on her sweater. She walked back to the couch making herself comfortable, she sprawled out  grabbing the remote with her foot bring it up to her hand so she could turn on the tv. She pressed the power button hoping a good channel was on, although it seems like it wasn't her lucky day. She began to flip through the channels when she reached the music channel, she groaned and threw the remote on the coffee table.  

 

"Yoon Bomi from the popular idol group Apink has been rumored to be releasing her second solo album." Chorong sat up as she heard the name she remembered fondly. "Her first album was released late last year, and was number one for two weeks. People are saying she is the top selling artist these days! Why don't we watch her first solo MV.... LETS GO" Chorong stared blankly at the screen agape as she watched the Yoon Bomi on tv. The same Yoon Bomi who was constantly proving herself as a dork, the same Yoon Bomi she had personally been best friends with.  

 


 

"Chorong I need to run something by-"  

 

"Why didn't you tell me about Bomi." Chorong put a finger up to silence her old friend.  

 

"I  thought you knew... she's pretty famous." Eunji shrugged as she sat in the teachers lounge. Chorong had showed up extra early to bug the strange girl with her endless questions about Yoon Bomi 

 

"Do I seem like a person who keeps up with pop culture." Chorog sighed looking at the gym teacher. "So do you talk to her?"  

 

"What me? NO!" Eunji waved her hands in front of her face to make her point. "We haven't talked since graduation... none of us had I guess... you're the first one I ran into apart from Hayoung."  

 

"Hayoung...." Chorong began to speak as she was interrupted by someone entering in.  

 

"Eunji!" A girl yelled making her way over to the gym teacher.  

 

"Hayoung?" Chorong looked at the girl, clearly remembering her face.  

 

"Chorong!? How's being lawyer." Chorong glared at the girl, oh yes being a lawyer was great, so great in fact I became an English teacher to rebel.  

 

"Actually I'm the new English teacher, nice to meet you." Chorong held out her hand to shake the youngest. Hayoung awkwardly shook the girls hand, not sure how to respond to Chorong. Considering they had not just met, but instead just ran into each other again.  

 

"Oh I'm the art teacher for the younger students." Hayoung replied sheepishly. Art Chorong thought to herself, she didn't exactly remember anyone in her group of friends being good at art that is besides Naeun