Song for you

Old Friends

"So how are you really." Eunji smiled lightly as she picked up the coffee Naeun had made for her.

"Fine." Naeun sighed as she leaned back in her chair. She knew she was in fact not fine, nothing had been fine for a long time. She wasn't sure what that word was even meant to describe anymore, her life was everything but fine.

"Well I'm glad to hear." Eunji cleared trying to not get too awkward. She studied Naeuns eyes noticing the slight distance they were portraying. She knew better than to believe every word the younger girl said, she had always got her information from studying the girls actions rather than her words. "Can I ask something?" Naeun looked up giving a slight nod. "Why did you tell on Bomi?"

"It doesn't seem real."

"Huh?"

"Me saying those things, none of it seems like me. Nothing seems like me. I don't know Eunji I can't give you an answer. My mind is empty, if you're looking for more than this I have nothing."

"Empty..." Eunji muttered to herself as she looked down at her coffee mug.

 



Eunji walked into her house with her head hung low after her short conversation with Naeun this afternoon. She walked up stairs ignoring her roommates who were bickering about who's turn it was to clean. She sighed as she fell onto her bed, how was she to make sense of everything if no one was giving her answers. For days Eunji was being trying to make sense of the group of them falling apart, although she would mask it with her jokes. She wished she could be so trusting with the others again, so she could drop her jokes and be honest with her feelings. She wished she could yell and explain how much she resented the girls for leaving. She didn't view it as friend drifting apart, no, it was quite different than that. Her friends left her, they all let at once, and with no answers in their places.

"uggghhhhhhh" She groaned as she reached for the tv remote. "Wonder whats on..."

"Actress Naeun releases a heartfelt song for her Japanese fans. It's been revealed she took part in the writing of the song, I wonder how long it will be till she officially debuts." Eunji sat up turning the tv up a little louder. "Well let's not waste anymore time, here's Naeun's official music video."

 

"I don’t need things like memories, I want to sleep forever. Is it okay if morning doesn't come? You’re always smiling in my dreams. Why haven't you disappeared?"

Eunji closed her eyes, not wanting to see the teary image of Naeun. She was taken back to a place she was still struggling to come to terms with.


(high school)

 

"So Have you decided what to do after graduation?" Naeun said as she walked over to Eunji who was slumped over in the corner of the library.

"I think...." Eunji looked up at the younger girl who was smiling down at her. "But please don’t laugh."

"I could never laugh at your thoughts." Naeun smirked as she took a seat next to Eunji.

"Teacher."

"That's great." Naeun smiled patting eunji on the shoulder.

"Graduations too soon." Eunji said trying to smile, but Naeun knew the girl was scared.

"Why are you upset about that." Naeun reached up and caressed Eunji's face lightly.

"Why are you acting so mature?" Eunji smiled as a tear fell from her eye. She grabbed Naeuns hand and placed a gentle kiss on it. "I won't be around here for you... I'm upset.

"If I hadn’t met you, I wouldn't be feeling sad this way. This grief that tightens my chest wouldn't exist, but If I hadn't been able to meet you, I wouldn't know anything about Strength or kindness. So I sat in the middle of the room and cried, without seeing anything"

"ahhhh~" Naeun cutely said as the tears began to flow from her eyes.

"No crying, okay." Eunji smiled at Naeun lovingly as she wiped her tears. Eunji leaned forward kissing Naeun's forehead lightly.

 

 


(3 months after graduation)

 

Naeun ran out of the practice room with a huge smile on her face, and her phone in hand.

"Where are you running off too?" Bomi yelled after her but Naeun just giggled in response. She continued until she was outside and saw Eunji in the distance.

"Why are you here." Naeun smiled once she finally met Eunji.

"We needed to talk about some things didn't we?" Eunji smiled a little as she looked back at the company Naeun walked out from.

"Sure... what's up." Naeun asked as she shyly grabbed Eunji's hand.

"I gave you everything. You gave me anything? Always, forever. You’re everything, I’m still waiting. Is it okay to love you?"

Eunji cleared as she took her hand from Naeun's and tucked it in her pocket. Naeun looked at her confused at first but decided to brush it off she was just too excited to see Eunji after a week of practice.

"Let's end this?" She stated but asked at the same time. "We both know we're hiding it from everyone for a reason, that reason is we're not good together." Eunji said as she continued to look past the girl in front of her.

"huh...." Naeun asked as she tried to get Eunji to meet her gaze. "We can tell them, we can tell everyone. What …. Why?"

"You should go back to practice."

"Like a flower that blooms in the harshest winter, now you're just a fleeting memory"

"I don’t care about practice... I love you." Naeun tried to grasp at words that they once said.

"Yeah..." Eunji sighed as she began to turn away from Naeun. "I have to get going..." Naeun grabbed Eunji's arm, not sure how to process this situation.

"Why..." Naeun tried to speak through the tears, how was this happening, why was this happening, what had she done. Eunji shook Naeun off and continued to walk off leaving Naeun alone on the sidewalk.

"If I hadn’t met you, I wouldn’t be feeling lonely like this. There wouldn't be nights when my tears just don't stop. All I want to tell you is “You're still loved""


 

Eunji opened her eyes looking at the girl in the music video standing alone on a street corner, the tears she couldn't cry in that moment were now flowing. She hadn't wanted things to come to an end, but she had got word that it would ruin her career. She didn't want to be the end of Naeun, she knew that keeping things a secret for too long would break them both. She had to be cruel to save what Naeun had, to save Naeun's dream.

"If I could have just one wish, I would wish you could touch me once more."


 

Naeun's face was now the focus, as her eyes conveyed all the things she wasn't able to say to Eunji when she had the chance. The words digging into Eunji, etching in the sharp words of regret.

"So If I close my eyes, you'll be right there. Still, forever, when I close my eyes, you'll still be right there"

Naeun closed her eyes as she watched her Mv for the first time reliving the memories she couldn't forget. She only wished that Bomi didn't share her secret the same night Eunji decided to share hers. Maybe she wouldn't have reacted with such harsh judgment. She wanted to hurt someone after her feelings were seen as a lie, maybe Bomi was the target because of the similarity they shared. Loving someone they can't have.


CLICK FFOR THE SONG THAT WAS USED 

 

Everything in italics is the songs lyrics.