Chapter 8

Suppressed

“So this is it?”

 

“According to all the different fansites I’ve been to, yes this is where Nefarious Shadows is practising at the moment.” Jongin answered. “And also, looking at the amount of fans standing outside this building I’m guessing we’re at the right place.” He continued.

 

They were currently standing in a sea of teenage girls, the majority of them sporting giant cameras and banners, feeling completely out of place (well, not Jongin who was excitedly starting up a conversation with the girl next to him who apparently also was Chanyeol biased).

 

“Now what?” Kyungsoo asked. “There’s no chance in hell that we’re getting any closer to the entrance as we’ll probably get squished to death by these girls if we attempt to try.”

 

his metaphorical beard, Luhan answered. “Hmm, you’re probably right. Let’s find a backdoor and sneak in!” He smiled excitedly at Kyungsoo. “Come on!” He forcefully grabbed Jongin’s arm and quickly dragged him with him. Kyungsoo stood still for a moment, before processing what actually happened and quickly hurried after the two others.

 

He caught up to them a minute later, finding them pressed against the wall, sneakily peeking around the corner towards the back entrance they’d found. He joined them and, just like them, looked around the corner only to see an unguarded neutral looking door. Nothing exciting about it, no cameras, no guards, no nothing.

 

“What are we doing just standing here?” Kyungsoo asked only to quickly get hushed by the two others. “There doesn’t seem to be anything guarding it.” He continued in a hushed whisper.

 

“It all seems to be too easy.” Luhan whispered back.

 

“There must be some kind of trap.” Jongin continued in an even quieter whisper.

 

“So we’re just gonna stand here all day until you’re sure that there’s no secret trap?” Not even a glance was spared his way, only two nods were the answer to his question. “Ain’t nobody got time for that.” He continued and walked around the corner towards the door with the panicked whispers of Luhan and Jongin in the background.

 

When he got to the door he looked through the glass to see if there was anyone on the other side. Seeing that the corridor was empty as well as no cameras or larms he placed a hand on the doorknob and pulled.

 

“Seriously..?” Kyungsoo muttered before turning back towards the corner where he knew Jongin and Luhan was still standing. “Hey, guys, it’s open!” He shouted to them and they quickly got out from their hiding place to join Kyungsoo.

 

Luhan suspiciously squinted through the open door down the corridor on the other side. “This seems too good to be true… But, hey, who am I to complain? If someone notices us we’ll just flee the building.” He muttered to himself before smiling at the others as he entered said building. When he heard no alarm or anything he turned around and beckoned the others to follow him. “Now let’s find this Chanyeol!”

 

~ * ~

 

“I’ve just realised how incredibly unnecessary this is.” Kyungsoo whispered to the two men in front of him who were, just as him, slowly creeping along the walls and sneaking peeks into every room. Ever since they’d entered the building the Pink Panther Theme had been playing in the back of his mind and he couldn’t help but feel like a bad spy from a children’s show.

 

“What do you mean?” Luhan whispered back without turning his head.

 

“Well, we’re all owners of phones. And since this Chanyeol person is quite famous we could surely just search his name on google and look at pictures of him there.” He started and after thinking for a second he continued. “And if we were to have no wi-fi I’m sure that Jongin has loads of photos of him saved on his phone.”

 

“But where’s the fun in that?” Luhan asked at the same time as Jongin grumbled “I do not.” Kyungsoo deemed it answer enough to just raise an eyebrow at Jongin and by the way the younger blushed at that response it was clear that he was lying. It wouldn’t surprise Kyungsoo if Jongin’s phone background was a picture of a shirtless Chanyeol.

 

“Now shush, I think I heard someone speaking around that corner.” Luhan whispered. Kyungsoo was about to answer something about how they weren’t even speaking but that probably wasn’t the best of ideas if there really was someone basically just in front of them.

 

They were slowly getting closer to the corner and soon they all heard that it really was someone talking just around the corner. When they were just about to sneak a peek at the person speaking Luhan turned around and held up a hand in front of Jongin and Kyungsoo.

 

“You two stay still. I’ll take a look.” He whispered so silently basically no sound left him. Kyungsoo answered with a nod while Jongin whined out a quiet “why?”

 

Luhan didn’t seem to think that Jongin needed an answer as he just quickly peeked around the corner and then back to them.

 

“From his backside that sure looked like him.” He whispered, a smile on his face. He was on a roll! Three members in less than a week, hallelujah! “Now let’s get out of here and make up a plan for how we’re going to get to him when he’s alone and convince him to join us!”

 

Kyungsoo, again, nodded as an answer and turned to Jongin to see what his answer was. Only to notice that Jongin was not were he thought he was.

 

“Jongin?”

 

“Where did he disappear to?”

 

“CHANYEOL OH MY GOD I’M YOUR BIGGEST FAN!!!”

 

“Oh, please tell me he didn’t run after him.” Luhan sighed out.

 

“He didn’t run after him?” Kyungsoo answered in a small voice. Another sigh from Luhan was released.

 

“Come on.” He said as he grabbed Kyungsoo’s wrist and ran out to Jongin and Chanyeol.

 

“YOU’RE MY LIGHT, MY SUN, MY INSPIRATION! I LOVE YOU!”

 

Jongin was holding Chanyeol’s hand and was jumping up and down excitedly while loudly screaming his love confession. To try to get Jongin’s attention away from Chanyeol Kyungsoo swiftly grabbed his other hand while smiling apologetically towards Chanyeol.

 

“Sorry ‘bout that.” He said. “But we’re gonna leave now.”

 

And with that said he and Luhan started dragging Jongin with them to the exit. Chanyeol was frozen in the hallway, eyes like saucers with his hand still in the air from where Jongin had held it.

 

“What the hell just happened?”

 

~ * ~

 

“You’re my love! My inspiration! My Sun!” Kyungsoo dramatically said with matching hand movements while closing the door to his and Jongin’s hotel room after them.

 

“You’re never letting me forget this right?” Jongin sighed as he sat down on the huge bed. This room was a lot bigger than the one they’d had in London and, almost more importantly, a lot lighter. This room didn’t make you feel depressed just by entering it. It felt fresh and clean with its colour coordination in light beige and brown. But the best thing about the room was the TV opposite the bed. Having a TV meant that you didn’t need to read about knitting to keep yourself entertained, something that Kyungsoo greatly appreciated.

 

“Nope!” Kyungsoo answered and happily plopped himself down on the bed next to Jongin. “I never thought I’d ever see you confess your love for the whole world to see, and it sure was an amusing sight.” He rolled over so he lied on his back, feeling like he finally could relax.

 

“Well I did actually think about confessing that way to you in the cafeteria in high school… But well… I chickened out last minute and then you know what happened instead.” At that confession Kyungsoo sat up quickly and looked at Jongin with a mixture of both disbelief and relief.

 

“Oh, thank God for you not doing it!” He said. “No way that I had accepted if you’d done it like that. I would probably run away and never speak to you again.” He laughed. “Then again, your way to actually do it wasn’t exactly the best way either. You should’ve just left the whole confessing thing to me.”

 

“Hey! It was romantic, okay!” Jongin tried to defend himself.

 

“Sure it was, honey.” Kyungsoo laughed and lightly patted Jongin’s head.

 

As a 17-year-old Jongin had thought that being romantic meant to wake Kyungsoo up in the middle of the night by throwing pebbles at his bedroom window. It might seem cute in theory but for a scared-less Kyungsoo it just seemed like a stupid prank when he cautiously peeked through his curtains only to see his friend standing outside. His fear had quickly turned into irritation and he opened his window to half-shout-half-whisper “What the hell are you doing, Jongin?”

 

That hadn’t exactly been the reaction Jongin had hoped for which made him even more nervous than he’d been before.

 

“I’m throwing pebbles at your window?” He tried in a small voice.

 

“I can see that…” Kyungsoo sighed. “But why?”

 

“Ehm… You see… I like you. And I thought I should tell you- But not in a ‘I like you as a friend’ way but as ‘I like-like you’ way and I was actually supposed to tell you earlier today but then I couldn’t so I thought this was a great idea because in all the books and movies that they do it like this the other always feels the same way and I thought this was a fool proof plan but now I’m not so sure anymore but I can’t really go back now so-“

 

“Please shut up, Jongin” Kyungsoo half-laughed half-sighed. It was far too early in the morning for him to understand all of Jongin’s rambling.

 

“So… You wanna go out with me?” Jongin asked again with the shorter version of what he’d tried to say before.

 

“Hmm I’ll tell you tomorrow.”

 

“What?” Jongin exclaimed. He had thought he’d get a clear answer directly so he could either go home happily and sleep blissfully or go home and cry himself to sleep. Now he wouldn’t be able to sleep at all because he would just go through all possibilities in his head and all what if’s.

 

“Hey, you woke me up at 2 am, I’ll have to punish you somehow!” Kyungsoo argued but when he saw Jongin’s pout he added “Wait a minute, I’ll come down for you.”

 

Jongin looked up filled with hope once again but Kyungsoo was nowhere to be seen. A moment later the front door to the Do residence opened and the older stepped out, hugging himself in hopes of keeping  himself warm in the cold winter night.

 

“Jongin, get over here!” He called the younger over, voice cracking slightly due to him shivering from coldness.

 

Jongin walked over, feeling slightly optimistic considering that the other boy was still talking to him. He hadn’t been completely rejected at least.

 

“You’re going to answer me today anyway?” He asked while trying to muster his best puppy eyes.

 

“Here comes the smoulder…” Kyungsoo mutter before answering. “Nope. You’re still getting your answer tomorrow. However that won’t be too far away seeing as you’re staying over.”

 

“Wha- Why?”

 

“It’s the middle of the night! What if you get killed or something on your way home? I can’t have your blood on my hands. So you’re sleeping here tonight!” Kyungsoo reasoned and grabbed Jongin’s wrist to drag him inside to the warmth of the house. “You’ll have to share the bed with me though as I don’t have the energy to get the spare one from the attic right now. But considering what you said before that shouldn’t be a problem for you.” He added with a smirk.

 

“Hey! Rude!”




 

The answer he got from Kyungsoo a good four hours later was really no surprise for anyone.



 

“I don’t like you anymore…” Jongin grumbled and pouted.

 

“Yes you do.” Kyungsoo answered and swiftly pecked the other on the lips before lying down again, successfully changing the pout to a small grin. It was quiet for a moment with the two of them just being still, thinking and remembering their high school years, until Kyungsoo suddenly released a deep sigh.

 

“I could fall asleep right now… But I should probably go over to Luhan and see what he’s come up with for tomorrow…”

 

“Or you just very conveniently forget about that and go to sleep now. Me myself am going to do just that after I’ve taken I shower.” Jongin said and stood up from the bed, getting a bit closer to his goal: the shower.

 

“Oh, I should probably shower as well…” Kyungsoo mumbled, still in the exact position from earlier.

 

“You could always join me” Jongin offered with a smirk and a wink only to get a laugh in return.

 

“Not today, another day yes, but right now I have to go over to Luhan.”

 

“I see you’re doing a great job at that.”

 

“Shut up, I’m working on it.” He still wasn’t moving from his spot on the bed.

 

“Good luck.” Jongin said before closing the door to the bathroom behind him. Just before he the shower he heard someone knocking on the door, whom he assumed must be Luhan. Good for Kyungsoo, now he had no excuse to not get up.

 

~ * ~

 

Done with the shower, Jongin noticed that Kyungsoo still hadn’t returned to their room so he sat down on the bed and the TV. After having watched weird Korean variety shows for a good hour and half he started to get bored and immensely tired, but he didn’t want to fall asleep without Kyungsoo. What if the other had forgotten his keys? Or had forgotten which room number they had? He had to stay awake so he simply sent away a text trying to get Kyungsoo to get over quickly.

 

[To: Kyungsoo ♥]

 

Soo~ I’m boreeeeeeed…. Come and play with me~

 

He sent and turned his attention to the TV again. After 15 minutes without an answer Jongin took up his phone again. Had the message not been sent? It had been, then why didn’t Kyungsoo answer him? He always answered, even when he were in a meeting (then usually just with a period), just to show that he’d seen the message at least. Had he forgotten his phone in the room? Jongin sighed. That meant that he’d have to go all the way to Luhan’s room to gather the other himself. Begrudgingly he stood up and put on some clothes (pants are essential) and walked out of the room towards Luhan’s. An extremely tired looking Luhan who basically looked like he’d just woken up opened the door.

 

“What?” He asked while he tried to keep his eyes open.

 

“I came to get Kyungsoo.” Jongin simply answered, as if it was obvious that that’s why he’s there.

 

“Kyungsoo?” Luhan asked. “He hasn’t been here, isn’t he with you?” He now looked much more awake.

 

“What?” Jongin spluttered. “But you came to get him earlier. Didn’t you?” It sounded more like a plea than a question.

 

“No I didn’t. None of you showed up so I simply went to sleep.”

 

“If you didn’t, then who was that?” Jongin asked desperately. “And where the hell is Kyungsoo?”

 

 


 

AN:

Finally I'm getting somewhere! Chanyeol's found and Kyungsoo's gone, two members seem to be the most Luhan can gather, jk. But the story is actually moving forward, hallelujah. And it hasn't been too long since my last update, be proud of me :') Hopefully I can keep this up and not diappear for forever again ^^'