Chapter 2

Suppressed

The next week was completely normal for Kyungsoo, except the many times Jongin had been trying to convince Kyungsoo to go see some therapist but just as Kyungsoo now refused to use elevators, he also refused Jongin. Jongin had managed to make him take the day after the accident off though, no matter how much work Kyungsoo said he had to do.

 

During lunchtime, one week after the elevator accident, Kyungsoo’s mobile suddenly started ringing. Kyungsoo’s work required a lot of calling so this wasn’t that weird, however it was usually done to and from his work phone, not his personal mobile phone. If anyone ever called him instead of messaging him it was usually Jongin. But this was from an unknown number and Jongin’s number Kyungsoo definitely had both saved and memorized. But thinking no more of that Kyungsoo simply answered, it most probably was just another salesperson but you never knew, maybe just this time it was something important.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Oh, hello Kyungsoo.” The voice on the other line answered and Kyungsoo thought it sounded quite familiar, but he couldn’t place it. “I’m the guy you met last week in the elevator accident.” Oh, the young, undisturbed man. So that’s why it sounded familiar.

 

“Oh, hello.” Kyungsoo wanted to slap himself, this started to sound like Winnie the Pooh and Tigger’s first meeting. “Wait! How do you know my name? I never told you that, did I?” Another valid question would be how the guy had gotten his number, but Kyungsoo focused on the name for now.

 

“That wasn’t to hard to find out. And before you ask me something else –“ how could he know that Kyungsoo wanted to do just that. Okay, maybe it wasn’t too hard to guess. “- I need you to get out of the building.” Kyungsoo froze. This was starting to sound a bit too much like last week and Kyungsoo didn’t know if he could survive another dose of that stress.

 

“Why?” He asked tentatively. Please say it’s because you know I haven’t eaten lunch yet and you need me to do so. Please say it’s becau-

 

“Well, do you remember what I told you last week about the guys that wanted to kill me and that we didn’t want them to see you?” . This did not sound like it would evolve into a pleasant kind of phone call about old relatives and dogs.

 

“What about them?” Kyungsoo got out trying not to sound too afraid..

 

“It seems like they think I’m in your building and they’re about to search it and I can’t have them seeing you. Sure, they most probably won’t notice you but I can’t take the risk of them realising who you are.” Why was that a problem? Kyungsoo was just an ordinary guy with a boring job. Sure he was quite young for having that sort of job but why would it be a problem if they saw him? Kyungsoo didn’t ask that though, having understood from the short time speaking with the guy that he most probably wouldn’t give him an answer he’d understand.

 

“They will probably start from the bottom so you do have some time to get out if you follow what I say. Have you seen the movie Matrix?” Of course he had, he lived in England for god’s sakes, who hadn’t seen Matrix? But instead of answering with that he only emitted a small yes.

 

“Okay so I’m going to do exactly like Morpheus did, guide you out of the building, except I don’t really know what your office looks like so I’m just going to wing this and hopefully it will all work out well and you won’t get killed, okay?” No it was most definitely not okay. He was just told that he might be killed today (again) and the only help he was from someone who was working completely blind. He didn’t exactly have the odds in his favour.

 

“Okay, so seeing as you’re on the fifth floor there must be some sort of fire-escape on the outside of the building…” the guy muttered and Kyungsoo fought the urge to ask him how the heck he knew on which floor his office was. “Kyungsoo, go to the nearest fire-escape! And if you see anyone in a suit please stay put and tell me.”

 

“Everyone’s wearing a suit here!” Kyungsoo was quite impressed with himself for managing to say that without his voice wavering, but instead of walking out of the room towards the fire-escape he stayed at his desk to wait for the guy to elaborate who he should look out for.

 

“Look out for men in suits that all have a small rabbit logo sewn onto the chest of the jacket. And most of them have coloured hairs.” If the logo was small Kyungsoo didn’t see how that would help him, but the second advice actually might seeing as he had never seen anyone in the building with any other hair colour than their natural.

 

Kyungsoo opened the door just to quickly take a step back into the room and close the door behind him again. He could feel his heartbeat speed up and he took a few deep breaths in the hopes of calming himself down.

 

“Two men in suits were standing by the elevator, both of them unnaturally blonde and the freakishly tall one with a blue fringe. Does that fit your description of the ones I should stay away from?” Kyungsoo let out in one breath.

 

“They even put in Zelo? Wow, they mean business.” The guy muttered quietly and Kyungsoo almost didn’t catch it. “Okay, change of plan. We need to get you out but we can’t make you do that so they see you. Get to the nearest fire-escape. If possible calmly walk past them so they believe that you’re just anyone regular working here. Bring some papers you can look down on while walking and whatever you do, don’t try to use the elevator or the stairs, as they will stop you then. Don’t look them in the eyes and act natural!”

 

Kyungsoo scrambled after the newest report he’d printed and then tried to compose himself. He dusted his pants off, straightened the tie and then opened to the door and stepped out. Keeping the phone in place with his shoulder, Kyungsoo started to thumb through the report, trying to look as busy as possible while walking. He didn’t dare to look up when he started nearing the elevator and the two blonde guys. He feverishly wished that it wasn’t visible how he tensed when he brushed past them, still browsing through the report and pretending to listen to an important phone call. When he turned a corner and still didn’t hear any footsteps behind him he released a breath he didn’t even know he’d been holding. He took the phone to hold it with his hand again and continued towards the fire-exit.

 

Kyungsoo arrived at the window that led to the emergency stairs and he placed his freshly printed report on the windowsill and opened the window. The guy at the other line hadn’t said a word since the instructions given in Kyungsoo’s office and Kyungsoo wasn’t entirely sure that he still was there or not.

 

“I’m at the fire-escape” He breathed and stuck out his head through the window just to quickly retreat back inside. It was such a long distance to the ground.

 

“Great. Please get out and down.” The guy answered and even though Kyungsoo knew that this would happen he still didn’t know if he actually could make it. “Kyungsoo, please pull it together. I can’t lose you just because you’re afraid of heights.” Kyungsoo swallowed and tentatively sat down on the windowsill and looked down again. He didn’t even think of how the guy knew of his fear, just how he really didn’t want to get out there on the small platform and then have to make his way down to the ground.

 

“Kyungsoo. Don’t look down and slowly take it one step at a time and hold on to the railing if you’re afraid. You won’t fall.” Kyungsoo slowly placed his feet on the platform but didn’t stand up. He tried to but he couldn’t muster the strength to do so.

 

“Think of your friends and family. They can’t lose you either.” That worked for Kyungsoo. He remembered how panicked Jongin had been last week and he didn’t want the younger to ever feel that way again. Kyungsoo placed his left hand on the railing and slowly dragged himself up to a standing position. He grasped at the railing tightly with both his hands and tried to stop himself from shaking so badly.

 

“Good job. Now close the window and work your way down. And before you ask, I’m watching you from the ground, but don’t look down.” Kyungsoo closed the window but didn’t move away from it.

 

“I’m sorry to rush you, but I need you to hurry up. We can’t have them see you standing outside.” There was a point in what the guy was saying and Kyungsoo exhaled and slowly moved towards the stairs.

 

Only looking straight ahead and having the guy cheer him on through the phone the stairs went fairly well for Kyungsoo. He had reached the platform by the second floor when he suddenly found himself face to face with a man, with only the window in between them. The man was Asian, just as the two on the fifth floor and he was just as blond as them too. Kyungsoo froze in his spot and slowly looked down on the man’s suit. His eyes widened when he saw the small red rabbit logo on the man’s chest and he whipped his head up to look at the man’s face again. They got eye-contact and the man’s eyes widened in realisation (what it was he could realise Kyungsoo did not know) and then suddenly the guy on the phone shouted:

 

“Run!”

 


 

AN:

Edit: So I've started to edit my old chapter (3 years since I started writing this story O.O I knew I was a master procrastinater but wow...) and well I don't want to erase my old ANs (yes I do...) but holy frick I don't remember me writing it like that... like fishing for compliments much, old me? Ahaha... =.=

 

Well... I just realized that I really can't write... but at least something happened in this chapter! :D kinda...

And as you noticed I made b.a.p into the "bad guys" and if you wonder I love them irl, they're just so adorable and their music: gaaah. So I definitely don't hate them or anything and have that as a reason for making them into the "bad guys". And yeah, they all have their warrior hair except Zelo that has his No Mercy hair because I may or may not love that hairstyle.

I just wanted to apologize for the weird cover photo (forgot to do that last chapter... -.-'). I really don't know how to use photoshop so I just tried a bunch of things and hoped something not to weird would happen ^^'

Hope you didn't hate it and don't find it too bad~