Chapter 7

Suppressed

Luhan and Kyungsoo were sitting in the armchairs while Jongin was sitting on the bed with his back facing them and completely in his own world. They were looking for last minute flights from Heathrow to Incheon Airport and Kyungsoo was just starting to realise that there was one problem with this whole plan.

 

“I don’t think we can afford this.” He suddenly said, gesturing between Jongin and himself. Luhan only looked at him confused, wanting him to elaborate.

 

“We’re not that well-off at the moment and we’ll need money for food and living and stuffs while we’re traveling and I don’t know if we have the money right now to travel all across the globe.” He explained and Luhan’s eyes widened even more in confusion.

 

“Wait. You mean you haven’t noticed yet?” He asked, the look of confusion turning into one akin of hilarity. It looked like Luhan was trying really hard not to start laughing.

 

“Noticed what?”

 

“That we all have an unlimited amount of money in our bank accounts.” Luhan continued and Kyungsoo could only gape at him. Unlimited amount of money, that’s something. Some very useful information too, as they from now on probably would travel all over the world. Kyungsoo only wished they would have noticed this earlier because then he and Jongin could have afforded something better than the tiniest apartment at the outskirts of town. Although it seemed quite hard to believe. It wasn’t everyday you got to hear that you didn’t have to worry about money at all and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but worry that they’d end up with huge amount of bills later on that they simply wouldn’t be able to pay. However, if that happened he would just get Luhan to pay them because it would be his fault for lying about the money situation.

 

“But why are you living in this shabby hotel then?” Kyungsoo asked. If he himself had that much money he would’ve chosen to always live in luxury.

 

“I’m mixing it up.” Was Luhan’s answer “If I’m always staying at the fanciest hotels it wouldn’t be too hard for MBLAQ and B.A.P to find me and that’s something I would really like to avoid.”

 

“Oh, point taken.” Kyungsoo breathed out. “But I guess we can afford to go to South Korea then.” He added with a small smile. Luhan was just about to answer when Jongin suddenly interrupted him with a cry of excitement.

 

“Did you guys see that?” He shouted, pointing at himself and looking at the two expectantly.

 

“See what?” Both of them answered and looked at each other in confusion. Had something happened to Jongin that they’d missed? Their answer didn’t dampen Jongin’s spirit though.

 

“I just moved two centimetres to the left!”

 




 




 

“Good for you, honey…” Kyungsoo broke the silence. If Kyungsoo could’ve reached Jongin he would’ve patted him on the head.

 

“No, I mean I think I’ve figured out my so-called superpowers!” He said excitedly. “I can teleport!”

 

“And you came up with that because you moved two centimetres? I’m so proud of you…” Kyungsoo said while shaking his head slowly. An elbow in his gut interrupted him and he turned to glare at the offender.

 

“Shut up, for once he’s actually right.” Luhan said with a small, proud smile.

 

“Wait… He can teleport?” Kyungsoo asked, eyes as wide as ever while Jongin started doing excessive hand/arm gestures at Kyungsoo as if saying ‘I told you so’.

 

“With practice, yes. Right now… nah. But at least he’s already located his powers and that’s a great first step.” Apparently Jongin was pleased with Luhan’s reaction as he turned back from them and as he tensed up again he must’ve started trying to teleport again.

 

“What do you mean ‘great’?” Kyungsoo only gaped at Luhan but when the latter opened his mouth to explain the other started talking again. “It’s an amazing first step! And it only took him a few hours to find his powers! So…” Kyungsoo smiled at Luhan “What are my powers?” He had tried to find the so-called source for his powers just as Jongin but had given up after about 15 minutes with no results. If Luhan would just tell him it might be easier for him to find it himself he tried to argue but Luhan wouldn’t have it.

 

“That’s something you’ll have to find out yourself.” He chuckled before turning serious. “Although I would advise you to be outside when you’re at it. If that’s a hint, I don’t know, but it would seriously be better for everyone’s safety if you’re outside.” Outside? Danger? Kyungsoo tried to come up with something that could be potentially dangerous if done inside but drew a blank.

 

“No, it’s not… It could be anything from moving like lightning to actually controlling lightning…” He grumbled and his shoulders slumped. His gloomy mood didn’t last for long though as he suddenly yelped and jumped in his seat. The two others immediately turned to look at him in alarm.

 

“What?” Jongin exclaimed at the same time as Luhan squeaked out “What happened?”

 

“He- He… Smoke!” Kyungsoo stuttered as an answer, pressing himself against the back of the chair as if trying to become one with it. “He suddenly started smoking!” He managed to get out while shakily pointing at Jongin.

 

Jongin looked slightly offended at the same time as worry grazed his features at the thought of him scaring Kyungsoo and making him into this complete mess.

 

“Are you sure he can teleport and it’s not something regarding smoke he can do? Like setting himself on fire or something?” Kyungsoo asked and basically threw himself on Luhan, clutching the other’s shoulder hard. Luhan only looked at Kyungsoo with big eyes until Kyungsoo literally started shaking him, that’s when he started laughing.

 

“Yes, I’m sure.” He wheezed out. “The smoke appears whenever he disappears and appears, but as he can’t move very far yet you don’t see the movement, only the smoke.”

 

“So it’s only a kind of aftereffect?” Kyungsoo asked and released Luhan’s shoulder while eyeing Jongin uncertainly. Luhan rolled his shoulder and winced a little, he’d probably have a bruise tomorrow. Jongin and Kyungsoo looked just as confused until Jongin finally processed what had happened.

 

“Holy mother of fudge, awesome much?!” He exclaimed while smiling excitedly. “I thought it was cool even when I only knew that I could teleport, but special effects? Damn that’s awesome!”

 

The excited young man turned away once again to start practicing again. Kyungsoo only continued to watch him silently until he finally cracked a small smile and turned to ask Luhan about the upcoming trip. It was hard not to smile when Jongin was smiling.

 

~ * ~

 

The flight they were supposed to take was leaving the next day at 19:35 from Heathrow. The rest of the evening the three of them spent inside the small hotel room. Jongin had continued to practice his teleporting and at the end of the night he could travel all across the bed making Kyungsoo jump every time. To his help he had Luhan who had no idea what he was doing. He mostly said encouraging words and tried to get Jongin to relax and not tense up as much as he was currently doing. Because Kyungsoo had been forbidden from trying to find his own powers inside Luhan had found him a book. It wasn’t that interesting. Kyungsoo had never really like knitting that much, but he guessed it was better than doing nothing.

 

The next morning Luhan woke them up early. They had to go to Kyungsoo and Jongin’s apartment to get their stuff and he also wanted to make them try on their disguises he had bought the day before. As soon as Kyungsoo heard the word ‘disguise’ he  thought of glasses with fake eyebrows, noses and moustaches attached to them, and he had been quite excited of the thought of going all out with costumes and boas and maybe some cross dressing too. But alas, he was disappointed. Luhan’s disguises had been hoodies and sunglasses. He hadn’t even bought a single moustache. Begrudgingly he had put on the over-sized, yellow hoodie and boring fake ray bans… For some reason Luhan had thought it was a great idea to give him the bigger sweater and Jongin the one smaller in size. And whenever Kyungsoo even thought of asking Jongin to switch shirts Luhan gave him a death glare so strong he was surprised that he didn’t turn to ash right on the spot. Maybe it was just safer to stick with Luhan’s choice of clothes.

 

After Jongin had gotten all the important stuff from their apartment (Luhan had deemed it safer to just send him while they waited for him a block away, neither B.A.P. or MBLAQ had seen Jongin after all) they had gone to Heathrow to check in. It was a good thing that they had left so early in the morning as Luhan had noticed halfway to the airport that Jongin’s definition of “only the necessities” includes every frying pan and rubber duck he could find. The two elder obviously didn’t agree with this so they had turned around and made him leave everything not important (by Luhan’s definition) behind (Jongin might have smuggled a small, pink rubber duck with him in Kyungsoo’s bag).

 

After having spent 3 hours at a Starbucks on the airport they finally boarded the plane. Three incredibly long, boring and uneventful hours consisting of far too many cappuccinos, cakes and bathroom breaks. It was now, sitting beside Jongin and waiting for Luhan to return from God knows where, that Kyungsoo realized that he’d never flown before. And that he didn’t know if it was safe or not. And that they’d be extremely high up in the air so if anything went wrong they’d be more screwed than fusilli. Jongin teleporting himself between the seats on either side of him made nothing to calm his nerves either. After the third time that Jongin suddenly had popped up on Kyungsoo’s left side he’d had enough.

 

“Please, Jongin, if you really have to do that, can’t you at least warn me or something? You’re scaring me less every goddamn time…” Kyungsoo whispered exasperated. He would seriously be fine with Jongin popping in and out everywhere if he just would tell him in some way beforehand.

 

“How?” Apparently Jongin was thinking it over. “Like whistling?”

 

“You can’t whistle…” Kyungsoo deadpanned. “Just do something easy. Like snapping your fingers or-“

 

*Snap* And Jongin was suddenly located to the right of Kyungsoo instead.

 

“I kind of like that…” Jongin said, looking at his fingers as if in awe. “Great idea, Soo, I think I might just do that.”

 

“Awesome!” Luhan answered, scaring both Jongin and Kyungsoo in the process as none of them had seen him coming up to them. “Now, please stop doing that. No one has noticed you yet but sooner or later they will and that would just be highly inconvenient. Also I doubt that you’re good enough to teleport inside a moving plane. You’ll just end up behind it and then panic and die.”

 

“Thanks for believing in me…”

 

“I believe in you just fine but moving planes are not the next step in you training regimen. And also MBLAQ is sitting at the front of the plane and I doubt that you’re comfortable enough for close combat so please don’t make them notice you.”

 

Best way to calm your nerves, be told that you might get killed, never fails!

 

. . .

 

“I don’t feel too good…” Kyungsoo hissed, clasping his eyes shut and hugging his stomach. “Do we really have to fly to Korea? Can’t we drive? Or walk? Swim?” He whimpered.

 

“We’ll be perfectly fine, Kyungsoo-“ Luhan started and placed a comforting hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder only to quickly retreat it when Kyungsoo looked up at him with murderous eyes.

 

“How do you know that?” He snapped. “You don’t! We might just die up here and we can do nothing about it! Why am I even here? I have no reason to be here. Just because you told some nice story about aliens and superpowers, that I for some reason believed, I’m now about to die-“ He rambled on. He was starting to get some attention from the nearby passengers and Luhan nervously looked to the front of the plane. Thankfully Jongin decided to shut Kyungsoo up before the attention got too big.

 

“Soo…” He said and gently took Kyungsoo’s hand in his own. The way the look in Kyungsoo’s eyes immediately softened at the sound of Jongin’s voice almost made Luhan coo at the sight. But he didn’t. Luhan prides himself in his self-control. “We’re going to be fine, okay. And yes I can’t be a 100% certain but do you know how small the risk is that anything will happen? Even if it did I can freaking teleport so we’ll survive anyway. And, who knows, maybe you have the power of flight so you can just fly us all to safety if something would happen.” He grasped Kyungsoo’s hand tighter. “We’re going to be okay.”

 

And that’s when the flight attendant started going through the safety procedures and the plane started moving, preparing for taking flight, successfully making Jongin’s attempts at making Kyungsoo relax futile.

 

“Is it too late to leave now?” He whispered, knowing perfectly well what the answer to his question was but still hoping for another one. But instead of any answer he suddenly got a hand in front of his eyes.

 

“Close your eyes.” Jongin said and put Kyungsoo’s hand on his chest. “Just close your eyes and focus on my heartbeat.

 

Everything is going to be fine.”

 

~ * ~

 

Just as he’d been told everything went fine and they arrived at Incheon airport no harm done (except for Jongin’s hand which was at the risk of being broken before Kyungsoo suddenly fell asleep seemingly out of nowhere. Jongin was still looking accusingly at Luhan who swore that he had nothing to do with it). Kyungsoo was a bit shaken up from the experience of actually flying and it was first when they’d gotten their baggage that he realized something strange.

 

“Why is everyone speaking English?” He’d noticed that he’d understood every person they’d walked past, something that probably shouldn’t happen as he knew no other language than his mother language and the airport couldn’t possibly be full of just English speaking families.

 

“They’re not.” Luhan answered calmly as if that was obvious. “You’re just adapting to this place and therefore changing your own language.”

 

“Excuse me what?” Jongin asked in place of Kyungsoo who only stared at the eldest of the three.

 

“You can’t be that surprised for god’s sake… You can teleport… But yeah you’re constantly adapting to the place you’re at and the people around you so that you speak the same language as them.” Luhan answered while continuing walking towards the exit with the two others in tow.

 

“That can’t be true…” Kyungsoo muttered causing Luhan to stop and stare at him.

 

“Really? That’s the thing you decide not to believe?” He let out a quiet laugh “Can you then explain to me how I can understand you and vice versa? I’m supposed to be from China and you’re from England.”

 

Kyungsoo opened his mouth to answer but closed it again when he came up with nothing.

 

“And have either of you ever met someone that you couldn’t understand so you had to start doing some weird kind of charades in the hopes of getting them to understand you?” He continued.

 

“No…” Kyungsoo mumbled, admitting defeat.

 

“So yeah, we’re all adapting to this place and for the next couple of days we’ll be speaking mostly Korean, depending on who we meet.”

 

“Korean…” Jongin said, looking out over the people at the airport before turning to Luhan again “Then what language do we speak when we’re speaking with each other and with no one else around?”

 

“That,” Luhan began with all the confidence in the world “I do not know” He continued and nodded, pleased with himself.

 

“And before you ask any more questions…” He held up a hand to stop any possible questions from the two others “We need to find out where Chanyeol might be at this time today so we can infiltrate the building and kidnap him” Queue evil rubbing together of hands.

 

“Excuse me?”

“You can’t kidnap him!”

 

“Okay, fine… boring people… Let’s infiltrate the building to see if it’s really him and then we can go to our hotel and make up a plan on how to convince him that his entire life is a lie..?”

 

“Sounds fine to me.”

“Better plan than before.”

 

“Great! Jongin be a good groupie and find out where the hell he is at the moment.” Luhan said and patted Jongin on the head as if he was an obedient dog. Not that Jongin complained, it felt quite cosy actually. He probably wouldn’t mind being a dog, just eat, sleep and get petted all day, who can complain about that life?

 

 


 

AN:

If anyone actually reads this... I'm back after a hella long time!! They're getting closer to something actually happening, whaaaat :O

I'm supposed to dedicate this chapter (as well as the latest in my hogwartsau) to my friend, so... Hej Alice!! Jag kom ihåg att jag skulle göra detta, var stolt över mig!! :3

Hopefully I won't take as long with the next chapter :3