Chapter 6

Suppressed

Nope. Not working. Kyungsoo sighed and slowly shifted so he could sit up against the headboard of the bed he was currently in. He put his hand under one of the pillows and grabbed his phone to look what time it was, shielding the screen under the blanket as not to light up the whole room. 2:23… Great… He couldn’t sleep and it was already 3 in the morning. He knew that he should probably try to sleep again, but he also knew that it never would work to try to force it. It was better to do something else until his eyes would fall shut due to pure exhaustion. It was a tactic he usually used when he couldn’t sleep. He usually read a book until he couldn’t even see the words anymore. The problem now being that he wasn’t at home but in Luhan’s hotel room so he didn’t know if and where there were any books in the small room. And he couldn’t go about searching the room seeing as he couldn’t even stand up from the bed without accidentally stepping on Luhan who was sleeping on the floor beside him. He couldn’t roll over to the other side of the bed and stand up there either as Jongin was currently sleeping there with his back towards Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo wasn’t exactly the most agile person even when awake so trying to crawl over a sleeping person when drowsy wasn’t the best plan.

 

He just wished there was something he could do when waiting for sleep because right now his brain just wouldn’t shut up. He didn’t want to believe Luhan. He would much rather just believe that Luhan was crazy and walk away and never see him again. But of course his brain wouldn’t have that but just had to give him examples of how Luhan actually could be speaking the truth. Especially what he’d said about people forgetting about them irked Kyungsoo. Lately he’d noticed how overly excited his friends became whenever he saw them and how they always acted as if they’d hadn’t met him in forever even if it only ever went two weeks max between their meetings. And the theory about people forgetting about them worked perfectly well with how people had acted when Kyungsoo had shown up to his high school reunion party last year. The amount of stares he’d gotten was almost comical and some people had actually also asked him, quoting, who the hell he was. At the moment he hadn’t thought to much about it, just thinking that he’d never spoken to most of these people and of course some of them would’ve forgotten him. It was just this one guy that had made Kyungsoo think twice about how seemingly no one recognized him and it was this guy, Marcus Clutterbuck, who’d been seated next to Kyungsoo during biology class for three years straight. If Clutterbuck hadn’t recognized a bunch of other guys either Kyungsoo probably would’ve let it slide but it was just him that everyone except his closest group of friends seemed to have forgotten.

 

Kyungsoo looked over at the lump beside him and sighed. He thought about poking Jongin and make him talk to him so he could distract himself because he knew that Jongin wasn’t asleep. Firstly, because Jongin always snored if he wasn’t sleeping on his stomach and, secondly, because he looked far too tense to be sleeping. Then again he didn’t want to poke him because what if Jongin was really close to sleep and then Kyungsoo only would disturb him. Suddenly he felt a hand close around his wrist and he looked down to see Jongin look up at him drowsily. He let himself be dragged down to lie beside Jongin who threw an arm around his waist.

 

“You should be sleeping” Jongin mumbled, half into his pillow half into Kyungsoo’s hair.

 

“I could say the same about you.” Kyungsoo answered.

 

“I can’t sleep when you’re thinking”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t know if that made any sense whatsoever but he decided not to ask Jongin but instead nuzzled into Jongin’s chest. They would most probably wake up on either side of the bed considering how hot it was but right now Kyungsoo didn’t care seeing how comfortable he felt at the moment. He could feel his eyelids grow heavier each second and soon the two of them were both fast asleep.

 

~ * ~

 

The first thing Kyungsoo noticed when he woke up was that he was alone in the bed. He felt a bit offended because, seriously, it couldn’t have been that hot for Jongin to leave the bed all together. He slowly sat up against the headboard while trying to open his eyes. A small snicker came from the armchair by the window and Kyungsoo opened his eyes as much as needed to glare at the offender.

 

“What?” He mumbled angrily at Jongin. Kyungsoo wasn’t exactly a morning person and he would gladly kill anyone who offended him right after he’s woken up. That is if they willingly came up to him to get killed because he seriously didn’t have any power to walk anywhere in the morning.

 

“Nothing.” Jongin said and held up his hands to show his innocence. “I just thought your hair’s adorable and that you should wear it like that more often” He added with a wink.

 

Kyungsoo grumbled something incomprehensible and tried to flatten his hair with his hands. He soon gave up as he woke up enough to remember that his hair never obeyed him anyway so he’d just have to survive the rest of the day with this severe case of bed-head. Looking over at Jongin again he noticed that said boy was currently reading something.

 

“What’s that?” he croaked out and nodded towards the paper in Jongin’s hands.

 

“Hmm?” Jongin looked up at the sound of a dying crow (aka his boyfriend) and noticed Kyungsoo’s curious gaze. “Oh, it’s a note Luhan left us saying that he’s out buying stuff for our make-overs and that he’ll be back soon. But considering that he was gone when I woke up I have absolutely no idea what “soon” means.”

 

“Wait, what? Make-overs?” Kyungsoo asked and tried to get over to Jongin. But due to getting tangled in the blankets during the night he just fell over onto his stomach. His mission had been a success though as he had managed to get closer to Jongin and the bed was comfortable enough for him to decide to just stay where he was. He rolled over to lay on his back with his head hanging over the edge so that he could look at Jongin.

 

“Yeah, you know the ones the main girl in all chick-flicks have where they dye her hair and take of her glasses and suddenly she’s considered much hotter. That’s a make-over.”

 

“I know what a make-over is!” Kyungsoo said and tried to hit Jongin, and failed miserably which he blamed entirely on the weird position he was in. “But why do we need make-overs?” He continued while Jongin laughed at him.

 

“I have no idea. Maybe Luhan thinks we’re boring.”

 

“That’s no reason to have us go through make-overs!” Kyungsoo exclaimed. “I think he has some sort of diabolical plan… and make-overs are just a part of that…”

 

“A diabolical plan? Do you really think that?” Jongin asked and smirked at the elder.

 

“Yes!” Kyungsoo shot up to a half-lying-half-sitting position to easier look at the other. “And we should prepare ourselves to confront him and possibly flee when he returns!”

 

“I think you’ve slept for too long.” Jongin laughed but seeing Kyungsoo’s death glare he quickly backpedalled. “But, yeah, sure. We should prepare ourselves.” He snickered quietly. “Maybe you should prepare by putting some pants on because, I don’t know about you but I at least would not want to flee from a hotel not wearing any pants.”

 

“Maybe I’ll just do that!” He shot back and started looking for the pants that he apparently had taken off sometime during the night. Just when he had finished shimmying into the pair of pants the door opened and Luhan barged in carrying with him a whole bunch of different bags looking quite sinister. This did not bode well.

 

“Are you done preparing?” Jongin whispered to Kyungsoo who plopped down on the bed again, quietly shaking his head as an answer.

 

“Are you guys ready for some make-overs?” Luhan all but shouted to them.

 

“Should I be scared?” Kyungsoo mouthed to Jongin who looked equally as frightened as Kyungsoo felt.

 

~ * ~

 

“It burns!”

 

Apparently he should be scared considering the reactions Jongin had towards getting his hair bleached. Jongin was currently sitting in one of the armchairs while Luhan was working on him. Or more like keeping him from running to the shower to rinse out the bleach, as he wasn’t done yet.

 

“Oh, shut it. It doesn’t hurt that much.”

 

“Yes it does! Release me!”

 

“You’re not ready yet!”

 

“But I don’t wanna…” commence the pouting.

 

“Those puppy-eyes won’t work on me.”

 

“Grumble grumble…”

 

“Did you seriously just say, “Grumble grumble”?”

 

Kyungsoo guessed that he should be happy that Luhan had said that they wouldn’t have to bleach his hair that much. They would have to bleach it a little seeing as Luhan wanted it in a mahogany colour but it wouldn’t need as much as Jongin’s that was supposed to become platinum blonde. Kyungsoo wasn’t completely sure what colour “mahogany” was supposed to be but it couldn’t be too bad considering the image results he got from it on google. He was still a bit scared though as Jongin had done nothing but whine ever since they started the bleaching procedure.

 

“Why am I even letting you do this to me?”

 

“You want to be able to leave the country without getting killed or kidnapped?”

 

“What if I don’t want to leave the country?”

 

“We have to find the others don’t we?”

 

“Do we? I don’t even know if I believe you… What’s in it for me?”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“You want me to believe whatever you explained but what’s in it for me? What I can see there’s only negative stuff about this life you’re telling us about, people forgetting us, wanting to kill and/or kidnap us. Is there anything positive about this at all?”

 

“Ehm… We all have different superpowers..?”

 

Kyungsoo snorted and Jongin out-right laughed at Luhan’s statement. Even the thought about someone outside of the comic book world having any kind of superpower was extremely hilarious so it wasn’t surprising that neither Kyungsoo nor Jongin believed Luhan.

 

“What? It’s true!” Luhan snapped, sounding somewhat offended.

 

“Really?” Jongin challenged, the pain from the bleach momentarily forgotten “Prove it.”

 

“Sure.” Luhan immediately answered which surprised the two others. They hadn’t thought that he actually would agree but that he’d try to avoid the subject by going back to Jongin’s hair or something. For him to agree without batting an eye made them both curious and slightly afraid of what Luhan would show them.

 

“Okay, so seeing as I have the power of telekinesis I suggest that one of you choose an object for me. And check whatever object you choose thoroughly so that there’s no strings attached to it or whatever else you believe I can have prepared.” Luhan said and grabbed Jongin’s shoulder and pressed him down into the chair again when said man tried to stand up. “Kyungsoo, why don’t you get something? I don’t dare to release this one before the bleaching is done.”

 

Trying to come up with something that Luhan couldn’t have been tampering with Kyungsoo realized that there weren’t too many things in the small hotel room that he could get. Pretty much the only things that weren’t Luhan’s were the clothes Kyungsoo and Jongin had worn when they got here yesterday as well as their phones (and the furniture but Kyungsoo didn’t think he was supposed to give Luhan the bed). Seeing as Jongin was currently being held against his will in one of the armchairs Kyungsoo decided to give his phone to Luhan  (if it weren’t for Jongin literally sitting on his Kyungsoo probably would’ve given Luhan Jongin’s phone because why would he leave his own in the risk of being destroyed when he could sacrifice someone else’s?).

 

“Here.” He said and reached his phone towards Luhan who shook his head towards him.

 

“Don’t give it to me. It’s better if I don’t touch it. Just lay it down beside you on the bed.”

 

“Okay..?” Kyungsoo gently laid the phone down beside himself and then scooted over to not sit so close to it, who knew what Luhan would do to his poor phone.

 

“I guess the two of you know what being telekinetic mean?”

 

“Yeah.” Came the simultaneous answer. “Why wouldn’t we?” Jongin added.

 

“Hey, don’t blame me for asking! Some people think that being telekinetic means the same thing as being telepathic!”

 

“Really?” Jongin asked at the same time as Kyungsoo said “Well you can’t really blame them, the two words are fairly similar to each other.” which made both Luhan and Jongin look at him judgingly.

 

“I’m just trying to be nice! I don’t believe they’re the same thing…” He defended himself. A few seconds passed and then Luhan clapped his hands together.

 

“Anyways, let’s show you guys what I can do!” He said and Kyungsoo backed away a bit more when he saw Luhan’s terrifying smile. “That phone weighs basically nothing so lifting it won’t be that hard. I was afraid you would give me something difficult like the bed with the two of you sitting on it balancing glasses of water on your heads but it seems like you’re just as nice as before.” He continued, smiling a bit more normally to Kyungsoo.

 

“Glasses of wa-“ Jongin begun to say but got interrupted by Luhan putting his hand on Jongin’s face.

 

“Shut it. I’m trying to concentrate.” Luhan said and continued to stare at the phone on the bed.

 

Nothing happened. Kyungsoo and Jongin shared a look and Jongin opened his mouth to say something. That’s when the phone started vibrating. At first Kyungsoo thought that someone was calling him but then he noticed that his screen hadn’t lit up with an incoming call. Soon he also noticed that the phone was slightly hovering above the bed, just a few centimetres but still. After a few seconds with just the two youngest staring confusedly at the phone it slowly raised to be hovering in the middle of the room.

 

“That’s… freaky…” Kyungsoo breathed and Luhan let out a small giggle at that.

 

“HA!” Jongin suddenly shouted as he leapt up and cut through the air above the phone with his hand. When absolutely nothing happened he started doing circular hand movements around the hovering phone trying to cut out the “invisible strings” that were attached to the phone. When nothing happened even after that he gave up and only looked at the phone with a pout in place. Luhan started laughing at this (the phone slightly vibrated at this) and even Kyungsoo let out a small giggle at the sight. Looking highly offended Jongin grabbed his phone and threw it at Luhan while yelling, “Think fast!”

 

Luhan swiftly caught the phone with his hands and Jongin pointed at him. Being distracted by getting a phone thrown at him Kyungsoo’s phone fell down onto the bed and Kyungsoo dove to catch it before it bounced off it and landed on the floor.

 

“Why didn’t you levitate it of you supposedly have the powers to?” He half yelled, half said.

 

“Because why would I when I can just catch it normally?” Luhan shot back.

 

“… Point taken…” Jongin muttered and sat down beside Kyungsoo on the bed. “Your phone still works?”

 

“Yes. And it’s almost faster than before.” Kyungsoo answered with a smile before raising an eyebrow at Jongin. “Shouldn’t you be showering by now? The bleach must’ve been in for as long as it should, right?”

 

“Yes, it has. Go shower!” Luhan said and Jongin grumpily stood up and walked to the bathroom.

 

“If my hair falls off I blame you.” He said and pointed at Luhan just before closing the door behind him. Soon the two left in the main room could hear the shower starting. Suddenly Luhan seemingly out of nowhere produced an electric shaver and Kyungsoo found himself again slowly backing away from the other because of the smile he was currently sporting.

 

“So, we should probably start on you now and I was thinking that we’d begin with giving you an undercut and then we’ll bleach and dye your hair afterwards.”

 

~ * ~

 

During the time Jongin was showering Luhan had gone over how they manage to control and use their powers and when the youngest finally was done they had to go through it with him too. It was fortunate for Kyungsoo that they had to go over it again because Jongin actually told Luhan when he didn’t understand anything about what he was saying. Luhan had started explaining everything with a whole bunch of words that the two other never had heard before (and that they both believed weren’t even real words) but when Jongin said that he didn’t get anything and that Luhan’s explanation would in no means help either him or Kyungsoo Luhan started all over again. He then proceeded to explain it all by referring to chakra. Chakras are part of the subtle body and are points where energy channels meet. Their powers can be seen as energy that travels through the body and to be able to use them they first have to “locate” them and later control them. When fully controlled no special hand or body movements will have to be used for the powers to be shown but only with certain concentration. The use of their powers will come natural when fully controlled and you can even notice the slight unconscious use of them even in the most normal routines. It definitely helped that the couple had watched binge watched Naruto a couple of months ago.

 

When all this was explained there was no question that Kyungsoo and Jongin wanted to know about their powers. Unfortunately Luhan wouldn’t tell them but only smirked at them and told them that when they had regained some control of their powers they would surely notice. And that’s why the two of them were now sitting all quiet on the bed looking constipated concentrated (Kyungsoo’s hair now both bleached and dyed). They had no idea what they were searching for but they would find it! Just hopefully sooner or later…

 

“Hey, Kai…” Luhan suddenly said and Jongin immediately looked up and at him.

 

“What?” He asked.

 

“Nothing. I just wanted to test if you would react or not. And you did.” Luhan answered looking back down at his notepad.

 

“React to what?” Jongin whispered to Kyungsoo who only shrugged his shoulders.

 

“But anyway, we’ll have to leave soon as we’re leaving the country tonight.” Luhan said.

 

“What? Why?” Both Jongin and Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Well I’ve said before that we have to find the others and seeing as you two are in the same country I doubt anyone else will be here too. The only problem I’m having now is figuring out where to go next…”

 

“You don’t know anything about where anyone could be?” Kyungsoo asked. Luhan briefly considered telling them about how he actually knew where one of them was. However he still didn’t have the courage to find him. He needed more time… He shook his head at Kyungsoo’s question.

 

“Not any names or anything?” Jongin continued.

 

“I do know their old names but seeing as both of you have new names there’s a high risk that the others have done the same.”

 

“But we have nothing to lose right now. Tell us.” Jongin said.

 

“Okay. Suho, Kris, Baekhyun, Chen, Chanyeol, Tao, Xiumin, Sehun and Lay. Sounds familiar?”

 

“Actually, yes.” They answered simultaneously. “However I don’t think I know of anyone with their names.” Kyungsoo added.

 

“I do.” Jongin said. “Or, I mean, I don’t know them in person but my favourite person in this band is named Chanyeol. That’s probably just a coincidence though because what are the odds.” He continued and laughed a little.

 

“But we don’t know for sure. Tell me about him and maybe we can go and take a look if it’s him or not.” Luhan answered.

 

“He’s the drummer of Nefarious Shadows and he’s awesome at what’s he’s doing. He has this awesome deep voice and he’s really handsome.” One quick look at Kyungsoo “But not as handsome as you, of course.”

 

“If you say so.” Kyungsoo laughed finding it slightly hilarious that Jongin apparently thought that he was jealous of a band member.

 

“Okay, calm your fanboying. I was thinking more along the ways of his looks.” Luhan interrupted. “And not how handsome he is but more what his actual appearance is.” He continued when Jongin was about to start explaining.

 

“I wasn’t going to say that…” He said grumpily. “But he’s really tall, and has big eyes as well as ears. He’s kind of lanky and looks a bit creepy at times, but well who doesn’t? And he-“

 

“Well I guess it doesn’t hurt to go look at this Chanyeol. Where is this band from?” Luhan asked and Jongin started squealing, he couldn’t believe that he would actually meet his idol in real life.

 

“He’s a kpop idol, so I guess he’s in South Korea right now if his band doesn’t have any activities in another country at the time being..?” Kyungsoo answered and Jongin shook his head at the question, still internally squealing. No out-of-country activities as of now.

 

“Great! Let’s take the next flight to Seoul then!”

 


 

AN:

I'M BACK!!! 

Hrm... I mean... I'm back :D It took quite some time but well... I had to rewrite the whole chapter and that was kind of hard as I almost actually liked the original chapter and nothing I wrote was how I wanted it to be... I'm still not completely satisfied but... meh ;3

But omg the teasers!!! I can't even!!! It's too much!!! I can't!!! AAaAAAAAAaaaAAAaAAAA!!!!

I might have accidentally begun another fanfic (whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??) so we'll see how long it takes before the next update ^^' Hopefully not too long :3

Thank you all for reading this weird :3