Chapter 15

Suppressed

Jongin prided himself in his ability of being able to recognize and find Kyungsoo no matter where they were or how many people were surrounding them. This had been proved right that one time that Kyungsoo had meant to surprise Jongin on their two year anniversary.

 

Kyungsoo had asked Jongin’s friend to lure Jongin out of his house and get him to go to one of their city’s malls where Kyungsoo then would show up and take him out to a fancy dinner. Everything had gone exactly as planned, the friend had made Jongin leave his house on the promise of ice cream (he was wallowing in self pity as he thought that Kyungsoo couldn’t meet him that night due to family problems) and he’d also made sure that Jongin had nothing else planned that night. What Kyungsoo hadn’t expected was for the mall to be jampacked with people, successfully making him feel more like a sardine than a human being, and to being thrown around without any choice whatsoever to actually decide where he wanted to go. It also didn’t help that basically everyone in London was taller than him (he silently cursed his parents for their short genes, then immediately took the curse back. His parents were lovely people) making it absolutely impossible to see anything else than the people currently trapping him between their bodies. That’s when he suddenly had sworn that he’d heard someone shout his name and the mop of brown hair that was bopping towards him, against the stream of people, looked oddly familiar.

 

Why the hair looked familiar was no surprise as it belonged to a very special boyfriend of Kyungsoo who apparently had seen him being crushed between London giants from the second floor of the mall and who had decided to save him from the horrible future that lay in front of him in case he didn’t get out from there soon. Had it been any other day it wouldn’t be anything weird about Jongin finding Kyungsoo, however if it wasn’t only for the fact that Jongin wasn’t expecting him and that basically everyone in London was in that mall, Kyungsoo had also just gotten a new haircut and dye that Jongin did not know of. And still he found him as easy as if it was any of their normal dates.

 

What lay behind the door he and Chanyeol just had opened was nothing what Jongin had expected. The room was as white as newly fallen snow and was sparsely furnished with only a few cupboards against the opposite wall. In the middle of the room was a kind of uncomfortable looking hospital bed and if Jongin wasn’t sure of this being the right room he would never have recognized the man lying there as Kyungsoo.

 

He was thin, so very malnourished that even though he was wearing some sort of greyish-blue hospital gown Jongin could easily count his ribs. His cheeks were sunken and his skin had gotten a grey undertone that stood in great contrast to his usual smooth, slightly sun kissed complexion. He was hooked up to several IV stands that were injecting him with different coloured liquids. The skin on the crook of his arms were discoloured due to the needles being inserted carelessly. Several places on his arms and legs were patched up with bandages and bandaids but the spots that weren’t covered by clothing or bandages were instead covered by bruises, scars and marks looking suspiciously much like burns in different sizes and shapes. There were markings on his neck that showed how he previously must’ve been chained up there too. His fingers and nails were bruised and bloody and his hair had none of the volume or luster it once had had. But what stuck out the most was his eyes. Kyungsoo had always been one to speak with his eyes, showing every emotion through them, and therefore also being a terrible liar as even when he would stay quiet he would unintentionally show his thoughts on the matter all the same. However all of that was gone now. During the brief eye contact Jongin had gotten with him upon entering the room he could only see how nothing was there. It was like someone had switched off the light of Do Kyungsoo. The always present light and shine in his eyes was all gone. There was nothing left, only death.

 

“Oh my god.” Chanyeol breathed from behind Jongin and at that Kyungsoo immediately closed his eyes and turned his head away from them, eyebrows slightly scrunching together as if even that tiny movement hurt.

 

It took a slight push from Chanyeol and a quiet “Go see if you can unlock his shackles while I search the cupboards.” for Jongin to move from where he was standing just inside the door. Looking at the sturdy metal restraints that bolted Kyungsoo to the bed Jongin knew it wouldn’t be a problem to get them off of him. However, Luhan had told him not to touch him no matter what unless Kyungsoo agreed to it, and judging from how Kyungsoo looked there was no way that Kyungsoo would be able to walk out of the room by himself.

 

“Hey, Soo” Jongin whispered, voice breaking on the last syllable. “We’re gonna get you out of here, okay?”

 

Blinking away the unshed tears (he needed his full vision for this) Jongin started working on the manacle holding Kyungsoo’s right wrist down. It wasn’t the most complicated lock but it would still take some time to get it off. Time that he could use to try to get Kyungsoo to respond as he really didn’t want to go against Luhan’s demand. The only problem was that he simply didn’t know how much damage that was done to him. Jongin was pretty sure that Kyungsoo at least had seen them but he didn’t know if he could hear them, much less speak.

 

“Soo… Can you hear me? If you can, please just give me a sign. Any sign. Please…”

 

Kyungsoo laid just as still as before and Jongin didn’t know what to say. He wanted to apologize. He knew that it wasn’t his fault that Kyungsoo had been kidnapped and tortured but he still felt that he could’ve done something to prevent it. And he needed to apologize. But he needed to know that Kyungsoo would hear his apology. There was a click and the restraint fell open to reveal Kyungsoo’s wrist. Not even now did Kyungsoo move an inch. His skin was raw from restraining against the shackles and Jongin didn’t spend too much time looking at it but stood up to make his way over to Kyungsoo’s other arm.

 

“...on…”

 

Jongin froze. It was so quiet that he wasn’t sure if he’d only imagined it but since Chanyeol had frozen in his tracks too he must’ve heard it too.

 

“What?” He asked a little too loud and frantic maybe, but Kyungsoo had just said  something. He had to control himself not to run and take his boyfriend’s hand as his initial reaction had been.

 

“Don’t…” It was a broken whisper and although the word itself was completely understandable Jongin had no idea what Kyungsoo wanted or meant. And as Kyungsoo still had his eyes completely shut he couldn’t get any answers there either.

 

“Don’t what?” Jongin would gladly do whatever Kyungsoo told him to, however to do that he needed to understand exactly what to do.

 

“Don’t talk… please.” Jongin froze. He didn’t understand. He shouldn’t talk? Why shouldn’t he talk? And why didn’t Kyungsoo look at him? Helplessly he turned to Chanyeol who was watching them with a look of deepest sorrow. Chanyeol gestured for him to continue with the rest of the restraints and Jongin quietly did that while Chanyeol continued to rummage through the cupboards.

 

When Jongin was working on the last bolt keeping Kyungsoo down Chanyeol walked up to them, seemingly being done with looking for Kyungsoo’s possessions. His bag seemed a bit fuller than when they’d arrived but that might’ve just been Jongin’s imagination too. He didn’t know why B.A.P would even keep any of the stuff Kyungsoo’d worn, and even if they did why would they keep it in the same room as him?

 

“Hello, Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol said, breaking the silence and startling Jongin so much that he almost dropped his lock pick. It felt weird calling him by his human name as Chanyeol always referred to him as D.O whenever he thought or spoke about the other. But it seemed the most appropriate to call him that in this very moment.

 

“My name is Chanyeol.” Jongin had successfully removed all of Kyungsoo’s shackles and was now carefully watching and searching for any reactions to what Chanyeol was saying. Chanyeol was speaking in a completely normal way, as if this was an ordinary first meeting between two people.

 

“I don’t know if you remember me, but we’ve actually met once before.” Chanyeol continued. “I’m your very charming boyfriend’s ‘light, sun and inspiration’.” He declared very dramatically and Jongin didn’t know if he wants to kill Chanyeol for bringing that up again or kiss him because Kyungsoo suddenly opened his eyes and looked for a second first at Chanyeol before looking right at Jongin.

 

“..ngin?” He asks and Jongin couldn’t help himself from starting to cry because, although tiny, there was a slight lift in the corners of Kyungsoo’s mouth and with great effort he shakingly lifted his hand towards Jongin. All Jongin wanted to do was to run forward and take Kyungsoo’s hand between his own but he didn’t know if he’s allowed to yet. He turned to look at Chanyeol and it’s first when the other gives him a nod of approval that he does what he’s wanted to do from the moment they stepped into the room.

 

However as soon as Jongin touches him Kyungsoo tenses and the force of which he’s holding Jongin’s hand increases. It’s nowhere near anything that would actually hurt him but it still worries Jongin as Kyungsoo’s breathing also started to rapidly increase into hyperventilation and the look in his eyes was bordering to panicking.

 

“Hey, Soo,” Jongin starts, trying to stop crying because, if anything, he needed to stay calm himself if he would ever succeed in calming Kyungsoo down. “I’m here and we’re not leaving you.” He suddenly remembered their first flight together and he quickly put Kyungsoo’s hand against his chest. “Remember this? Focus on my heartbeat, okay? And breathe in… and out…”

 

The tactic that had fully worked on the plane showed no result as Kyungsoo’s breath continued to quicken and Jongin thought he almost got a heart attack when Kyungsoo’s grip on his hand suddenly loosened as he fainted. Jongin couldn’t help but wonder if this was the reason for Luhan not wanting him to touch Kyungsoo. But at the same time it was Kyungsoo who had reached out to him and he couldn’t refuse that.

 

“Chanyeol!” Jongin whispered in panic, not knowing what the protocol for “someone you love just fainted” was.

 

Chanyeol, who previously had tried to give Jongin and Kyungsoo a little space by go and look out the door through a small gap, quietly closed it before he turned around to Jongin.

 

“Help?” Was the only thing that Jongin managed to say as he gestured to Kyungsoo’s unconscious body without letting go of his hand. Chanyeol walked closer to take a look at Kyungsoo.

 

“Don’t worry.” He said, successfully making Jongin worry even more, mission failed. “Fainting is just his body’s natural self defence mechanism. So, don’t worry, he’ll wake up by himself in time.”

 

Okay, that wasn’t as bad as Jongin had imagined. And maybe it also was for the best that Kyungsoo wasn’t awake when they tried to get out of there.

 

“However,” Chanyeol continued as he walked back to the door and turned to look at Jongin again. “We do have a problem now. I saw someone standing on the top of the stairs by the door we came in from. They shouldn’t be able to see us from where they’re standing but we should try to get out the other way and hope that you just need to get through that other door to be able to teleport again.”

 

Jongin nodded as an answer and bent down to carefully pick Kyungsoo up, bridal style. He knew just as well as Chanyeol that if he wasn’t able to teleport outside the door that looked identical to the one they came into, just on the opposite side of the corridor, they were screwed. They didn’t know what lay behind that door and the guard Chanyeol had seen would sound the alarm as soon as they saw them. He just hoped that they didn’t carry a gun and that the card key Chanyeol had stolen would work on the other door as well.

 

“I would suggest that you carry him on your back instead.” Chanyeol said when Jongin walked up to him. “It’ll make it easier for you to run.”

 

“It’ll also make him an easy target in case they have a gun!” Jongin hissed, not believing Chanyeol even suggested that. No way he would carry Kyungsoo in a way that didn’t place himself between him and the guard.

 

“They would never aim for him! They want to keep him alive! You, on the other hand, who they don’t know they would gladly see dead. Please, you’re literally our only way out of this, you can’t be shot!” Chanyeol argued.

 

“I don’t care. I won’t carry him like some kind of target practice. Now should we get out of here before the person you saw decide that they should walk down the stairs to see if everything’s well?”

 

“Fine.” Chanyeol said. “As soon as we’re out we run towards the door. The further away from them we get the harder it’ll be for them to actually hit us.”

 

“Let’s hope they have the aim of a Stormtrooper.” Jongin whispered as Chanyeol opened the door. He secured his grip on Kyungsoo, hoping not to jostle him too much when they’d actually start to run. And then they were out and off towards the door. They were by the foot of the stairs when they heard a woman shouting at them to stop and (when they didn’t) the sound of a gun going off.

 

In periphery Chanyeol saw how Jongin stumbled on first step before continuing running, trying to catch up to him. Chanyeol reached the top and the door first. He turned around towards Jongin and the corridor and with a flick of his hand a wall of fire shot up from the ground in front of the stairwell up to the ceiling, keeping anyone coming from the corridor out. Panting heavily, Jongin reached him and Chanyeol fished out the card key from his pants and slid it into the slot beside the door. With a ‘click’ it unlocked and they ran through it.

 

Chanyeol immediately grabbed Jongin’s wrist as they came to a halt right inside the door. They’d arrived in a high ceiling, square room. The walls was dark wood and adorned by red draperies and several portraits of important looking obese men. In the middle of the room there was a large table where currently at least 30 men and women were sitting, all of them staring in shock at the three intruders.

 

“Sorry for barging in.” Jongin gasped out. “But we’re leaving now.”

 

Some of the people in the room stood up but before anyone of them could say anything Jongin, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol disappeared.

 

 


 

AN:

As someone who usually writes fluff and crack-ish stuff it's really hard for me to write my characters being hurt in any way. So I'm sorry for the bad descriptions ehehe I just want them to be happy T.T I actually looked up how a gunshot sounds and decided that no I'm not going to try to describe that because since I', lucky enought to never have heard a gun being fired I would definitely fail miserably because it depends so much about which gun and caliber and stuffs and like also about where it's fired. And the only thing I know about any of that is where it supposedly was fired and apparantly since its inside and also in a kind of closed of space it's incredibly dramatic both sound wise and how everything in the surroundings react so well, I didn't dare even try to describe it. But it was an interesting read to read about gun sounds actually.

I haven't proofread this at all oops, so sorry for any mistakes ^^'

Thanks for reading~ 

(This is me shamelessly promoting my fic from the Best Days of Our Lives fic fest. If you want fluff and awkwardness, this fic has a whole lot of it. Friends?
and this is me shamelesly trying to get friends, follow me on twitter?)