Chapter 5

Suppressed

 

“What does he look like?”

 

“He’s slightly taller than me, but shorter than you. Blonde hair.”

 

“Okay, then I know what I’m looking for.”

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo were standing at the corner of two streets, outside of the Starbucks where the phone-guy had wanted to meet. Or at least Kyungsoo thought that was the Starbucks he had meant. However he hadn’t spoken to the guy himself so maybe Chad had lied to him about the meeting place. Or maybe the phone-guy didn’t know about this Starbucks and was currently standing outside another one and wondering where the hell Kyungsoo was.

 

“Relax, it’s only 2:05. He’ll show up.” Jongin said, draping an arm over Kyungsoo’s shoulders effectively making him relax. “And if he doesn’t show up, isn’t that almost for the better?” He continued and Kyungsoo looked at him with wide eyes, confused. “I mean, ever since he showed up your life has gone haywire. Wouldn’t it be for the best if he just disappeared and everything turned back to normal again?”

 

Kyungsoo was just about to respond when he saw the honey-blonde phone-guy turning a corner down the street, walking up towards them. He nudged Jongin’s hand and pointed at him.

 

“I think he’s coming. There. The one with the sunglasses.” Jongin followed Kyungsoo’s hand and saw the so-called “phone-guy”.

 

“At least he doesn’t look bad.” Jongin shrugged, instantly recoiling when Kyungsoo glared at him. “I mean that he doesn’t look like a bad guy!”

 

“Mhmm” was the only answer he got from Kyungsoo who crossed his arms and glared at the phone-guy who was rapidly closing in on them. Ten seconds later and Jongin was still trying to explain himself and the phone-guy was now stopping a few steps away from them. He raised an eyebrow at Jongin and looked questionably at Kyungsoo who shook his head in answer. Apparently that was answer enough as the guy took a step closer and held out his hand for Kyungsoo to shake. Kyungsoo took it while Jongin watched tentatively. By now he had shut up.

 

“Luhan. Happy to meet you under better circumstances.” Said Luhan and finally Kyungsoo knew his name and wouldn’t have to rely on stupid nicknames.

 

“Kyungsoo. But, well, you already know that.” Luhan nodded and chuckled. He looked at Jongin who in turn held out his hand for Luhan to shake.

 

“Jongin.” Kyungsoo was looking suspiciously at them.

 

“I kn- Pleasure.” So now Jongin thought Luhan looks good and Luhan knows his name. Marvellous… And Jongin was looking intently at Luhan.

 

“Great! Everyone knows everybody’s name!” Kyungsoo said, separating their hands. “So, you wanted to tell me something?” He smiled exaggeratedly sweet at Luhan who snickered quietly at that.

 

“Down, tiger.” He said and Kyungsoo elbowed Jongin in the stomach when said man let out a chuckle. “But is it okay if we move to where I’m currently staying? I’m staying at a hotel only two blocks away and what I have to tell you is for your ears only, and, well, your friend.” He said friend as if it meant something completely different. Kyungsoo spluttered.

 

“And I’m taking that as a “yes, of course it’s okay”. This way.” He waved them on and Jongin placed his arm around Kyungsoo’s waist to lead him on, the pair walking behind Luhan.

 

~ * ~

 

“Feel free to sit down anywhere you want.” Luhan said and gestured to the room. The room was small, almost all space being taken up by the bed. In the far off corner there was a door that led to a tiny balcony that was so narrow that it could at the most fit two people standing. When stepping into the hotel room it almost felt like you stepped into a black-and-white movie, all the colours were in the grey-scale. Kyungsoo didn’t know if it was considered rude to sit on the bed, even though Luhan had said that they could sit anywhere, so he settled for one of the two small armchairs by the window. A second later Jongin took the other one and Luhan sat down in the middle of his bed. The latter gazed at the two others and Kyungsoo started to nervously fiddle with his fingers. When he noticed his old habit he placed them under his thighs, sitting on his hands to keep himself fiddling. Jongin, in comparison, didn’t seem nervous at all. He crossed his arms and looked back at Luhan.

 

“So what is it you wanted to tell us?” Jongin said. “Or maybe you don’t have anything to say because you actually want to kill us. But, well, I seriously doubt that you can take us both. Unless you have hidden your gang in that small bathroom of yours.” He nodded his head in the direction of said small bathroom and Luhan let out a small laugh.

 

“Don’t worry, I don’t mean to kill you.” (“That’s what a murderer would say too.” Jongin muttered.) “It’s just that I don’t know how to say this.” Kyungsoo hit Jongin’s shoulder to make him shut up. “You’ll think I’m crazy…” Luhan sighed.

 

“If it makes it any better, I kind of already think you’re crazy.” Jongin added.

 

“That’s not very nice.” Kyungsoo hissed at him.

 

“It’s okay, I can understand him.” Luhan smiled at them and Kyungsoo shifted nervously in his seat. When Luhan didn’t start explaining whatever it was he wanted to explain he deemed it safe to ask a question he’d been thinking of for a while now. He tentatively raised a hand only to quickly take it down again when Luhan raised an eyebrow at him and Jongin giggled at him (he freaking giggled!)

 

“Sorry, but how did you know Jongin’s name? Do you two know each other?” He glanced at Jongin when he said this.

 

“No, we don’t.” Luhan answered quickly and Kyungsoo turned to look at him again. “And I didn’t know his name, but just as I said that I’ve known you since forever I’ve known him for almost as long.” Jongin widened his eyes. He had never met this guy before. Sure, there was something familiar about him but he was quite sure that he would remember a guy like this.

 

“But I’ve never met you!” He exclaimed and Luhan sighed.

 

“Not that you remember, no. And I just have to ask, what kind of name is Jongin? At least Kyungsoo’s name plays around his other name-“ Other name? “-but Jongin? It’s just stupid.” Jongin looked highly affronted at this.

 

“Excuse me? What right do you have to insult my name? And if you don’t like it you’ll have to take it up with my parents as it was them that gave it to me.”

 

“No it wasn’t, and I can’t. Your parents aren’t here.” Luhan answered tiredly.

 

“I can give you their number.” Jongin challenged.

 

“I mean that I can’t reach them because they’re not on this planet.” There was a second of silence where Luhan was just waiting for the wheels in Jongin’s head to turn.

 

“What do you mean they’re not on this planet?! Are they dead?! Why haven’t anyone told me this?” Jongin screamed and Kyungsoo tried to grab his wrist in hopes of calming him down. It didn’t exactly work as Jongin was continuing to freak out and was now pacing around the small room tugging his hair and muttering things.

 

“No, they’re not dead.” Luhan said and Jongin dropped his hands from his hair. A puff of air was released and he sunk down next to Kyungsoo again. Kyungsoo took one of his hands in hope of being comforting.

 

“You can’t say something like that.” Jongin said weakly. “What did you mean then with not being on this planet?”

 

“I meant that your real parents aren’t here.”

 

“Wait, so I’m adopted and my biological parents are dead?”

 

“No they’re not, and I guess you could call yourself adopt- How long has it been since you talked to them anyway?”

 

“Well our relationship isn’t the greatest-“ Kyungsoo rubbed the back of Jongin’s hand with his thumb. It was nothing to be embarrassed about. “-so about a year or so.”

 

“A year? Then they most probably don’t remember you anymore.” Luhan mumbled.

 

“Excuse me what? I’m their son. I think they would remember me even if we haven’t spoken for a year.” Jongin looked at Luhan as if he was crazy and Kyungsoo was silently beginning to agree with him. There was something off about the young man in front of him and yet Kyungsoo couldn’t make himself stand up and leave. He wanted to know where this was going.

 

“What I’m saying is that you’re not from this planet. Neither of you are. And the people that you know have gotten their memories modified and the longer you’re away from them the less they remember you until you’re completely erased from their lives.” Okay, he’s definitely crazy.

 

“You’re crazy.” Jongin said and stood up. He raised Kyungsoo up by their still connected hands. “Come on, Soo, we’re leaving.”

 

“Call them.” The pair was almost out the door when Luhan spoke up, not having moved an inch from before, still looking at the two armchairs by the window.

 

“What?”

 

“Call them. Call your parents.” Kyungsoo wanted to tell Jongin to don’t do it. To tell him that they should just leave and forget all this because he had a feeling that nothing good would come out of this. However it seemed that his voice had decided to give up on him as no words left his mouth. Jongin looked as if he contemplated leaving too but after a second he stepped inside the hotel room again and closed the door behind him.

 

“Fine.” The door closed with a click and the two of them returned to the armchairs, Jongin picking up his phone on the way and calling his parents’ number. He glared at Luhan while waiting for them to pick up.

 

“Hi! It’s Jongin.”

 

Who?

 

“Jongin. You know, your son.” He continued his glaring at Luhan. No matter how convinced Jongin looked Kyungsoo couldn’t help the dread he started to feel. It didn’t help that Luhan was starting to look like he’d done something terribly, terribly wrong. Kyungsoo could only pray that everything was as it should be and that Jongin’s parents currently were laughing it away that they haven’t heard whom it was.

 

I’m sorry, but you must’ve gotten the wrong number. We only have a daughter.

 

“What?” All colour was drained from Jongin’s face and Kyungsoo was starting to feel more alarmed by the second. He was beginning to think that maybe he should take the phone from Jongin and just end this now but when he reached towards his boyfriend Jongin immediately clamped both hands on his phone and glared at Kyungsoo as if to say that he should stay out of this.

 

I said that we only have a daughter. Maybe you have the wrong number.

 

“I don’t think so. You’re the Kims, you live at Aldersgate Street, you have three dogs and you never eat potatoes because you’re daughter, Jimin, is a spoiled brat and you do whatever she wants.” Jongin’s voice was getting more frantic by the minute and Kyungsoo didn’t blame him. This was all so surreal.

 

I’m sorry, sir, but how do you know all this? Are you a friend of Jimin’s?

 

“No, I’m not! I’m her brother that you apparently can’t remember!” Jongin shouted and then hung up. He took a couple of deep breaths and Kyungsoo stood up so he could hug him, he didn’t care what Luhan might think of them at the moment.

 

“I’m sorry…” Luhan whispered and he actually looked like he really was. Jongin looked up from Kyungsoo’s shoulder, not releasing the smaller man from the hug and glared at the one still sitting on the bed.

 

“You.” Luhan looked up and met Jongin’s eye. “Explain this… Please… I don’t understand…” Jongin sounded lost, like a small child not knowing what to do or think. Luhan sighed.

 

“Sit down.” The pair sat down, Jongin still not releasing Kyungsoo. He needed something to hold on to and Kyungsoo complied willingly, no matter how uncomfortable the small armchair was for two grown men to squeeze into. “I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to do that but I couldn’t have you leaving without explaining further-“

 

“Why didn’t my parents remember me?” Jongin interrupted Luhan.

 

“I actually don’t know exactly why or how” Luhan sighed “but I’ve realized that people that has no contact with you and nothing to remember you by will forget you. The memories tend to disappear faster for the ‘unimportant’ relationships.

 

This probably has something to do with that none of your memories from before two years ago are real.”

 

“What?” Kyungsoo said, voice raspy because of the lack of use for so long. “But we met in high school.” He gestured between himself and Jongin. Luhan shook his head.

 

“No, you didn’t. You go way longer back. What confuses me is that you actually know each other. We weren’t supposed to land in the same country as one of the others and for you two to even have memories together is extremely weird.”

 

“Wait, “one of the others”, are you saying that there are more people with “fake” memories, or whatever it is you’re trying to tell us?” Jongin spoke up.

 

“Yeah. The twelve of us were transported to Earth two years ago, and we weren’t supposed to be in the same country as another.”

 

“Twelve…” Kyungsoo breathed out. “But if what you’re saying is true, why hasn’t anyone else tried to find us?”

 

“I guess it’s because I’m the only one who has my old memories.” Luhan said. “Or if any of the others also has their old memories maybe they don’t see a reason to look up the others. Or they just haven’t found you yet, you have no idea how long time it took for me to find any of you. I’ve been searching for more than a year and you’re the first I’ve met. I guess I should be happy that something went wrong in the transport so that both of you are in the same place. Saves me time.”

 

“But say that you’re right, that all we remember hasn’t happened and all our memories were made up two years ago… Why do you remember your old life?” Kyungsoo asked. He still wasn’t sure if he actually believed Luhan because, seriously, who would believe a random stranger that suddenly told you that everything you know is a lie? It was all so far fetched.

 

“I have a theory that when we got to our “new” family-“ Jongin whimpered quietly and Kyungsoo hugged him tighter “-we also get our new memories. I guess you remember the blonde guys chasing you yesterday?” Luhan asked and looked at Kyungsoo. However he continued before Kyungsoo could answer. It was probably kind of obvious that, yes, Kyungsoo did remember the men from yesterday.

 

“Well, I never got to my family. Those guys from yesterday got to me first. They’re from a huge organization, B.A.P it’s called, and they got me and had me trapped for almost half a year. To make this understandable I think I would have to tell you why we got sent here in the first place.

 

I told you before that we’re not from this planet, and we’re really not. We come from a planet in a galaxy far, far away-“ (“Did he just quote Star Wars?”) “-where the twelve of us were in charge of protecting the Tree of Life. In the last years on our home planet the threat towards the Tree of Life excelled and it was decided that the Tree plus the protector’s should be hidden on another planet, hence we came here. To ensure the secrecy of the Tree we would forget everything about it and it’s powers as well as everything about ourselves. However there needed to be some way for us to return the Tree to our planet and basically that’s why we as the protector’s came here as well. There’s a ritual to be done where all twelve of us need to be present and we also need to have our powers perfected.

 

So, yeah, when I came to Earth I never got any new memories as B.A.P captured me. However I wasn’t completely blank either, I remembered everything the Eions had told us about Earth and what to do if any new threat, mainly the humans, would emerge. I don’t know how, but B.A.P. knows, and knew, about the Tree of Life and a way to get its powers, but just as all twelve of us need to be there to send it home we are all needed to be there if anyone wants to steal its powers too.

 

Another thing I don’t know is how they found out about us being transported to Earth but nevertheless they found me and trapped me, trying to force me into remembering. They succeeded and thanks to them believing me being Sehun I managed to get out and I’ve been on the run since then, trying to find everyone else so we can return both the Tree of Life and ourselves home.

 

And I need you to come with me on my quest of finding the rest.”

 

“You’re officially craz-“

 

“But if B.A.P don’t want us dead, why did they try to kill us in the elevator?” Kyungsoo interrupted Jongin.

 

“You can’t possibly believe him!” Jongin hissed at him.

 

“I don’t, but I don’t see the logic in trying to kill us if they want us alive. There’s a hole in the story.” Kyungsoo whispered back.

 

“Actually there’s not.” Luhan answered. “The ones that tried to kill us wasn’t B.A.P. because just like you said, they want us alive. But as B.A.P. is a group that sees the Tree of Life as a chance for unlimited power there’s also an organization that sees the Tree as a threat and their only goal is to destroy the Tree… Or at least destroy all chances of stealing its powers, and the easiest choice being to kill it’s protectors aka us.”

 

And I don’t know whether you believe me or not, but I would still very much like you to stay with me and help me on my quest of finding everyone else. The case still stands that B.A.P. at least know you, Kyungsoo, and it won’t take long for them to find you if you stay in London. For you, Jongin, it might take them longer but they’ll still find you sooner or later, and I don’t think you would like your boyfriend getting kidnapped.” Jongin opened his mouth to say something but Luhan waved him off.

 

“Yeah yeah, I know that you’re together, seriously it’s kind of obvious, and I don’t judge.” He said and Jongin closed his mouth wondering what had given them off. Maybe the fact that Kyungsoo was sitting on his lap?

 

“But to the question… Will you stay with me or not?”

 

The pair in the armchair looked at each other, Kyungsoo nodding almost unnoticeable to the silent question Jongin asked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re crazy but yes… We’ll stay.”

 

 


AN:

Updating!! :D Finally I can refer to Luhan as just Luhan, yay!! Never again "phone-guy"!! :D I don't know how exciting this chapter is but well, at least Kyungsoo and Jongin met Luhan and now they'll set out on their mission... quest... thing...

Please don't judge me!! I'm completely normal okay

Okay maybe not... And I'm easily entertained so finding gifs makes me happy ^^' but byeeeeee~