Chapter 9

Suppressed

 

“Breathe, Kai, breathe.” The younger was shaking so hard he had trouble fitting the card key in the door.

 

“Why?” He exclaimed when he finally managed to throw the door open. “They’ve taken Kyungsoo, I don’t have time to breathe. We need to go after them!” He said as he walked towards the bed to gather his things, ready to leave.

 

“We don’t know that.” Luhan said calmly, still standing in the doorway.

 

“Why would he otherwise be gone? Without shoes and phone nonetheless.” Jongin argued.

 

“Maybe he just needed some air.” Luhan started and quickly held up a hand to silence the other when he saw that he wanted to interrupt. “No. He’s been through a lot these last couple of days. I wouldn’t blame him if he felt like getting away for a couple of hours, not having time to get phone or shoes. We’ll go to sleep now and hope that he’s back in the morning.”

 

“And if he’s not?”

 

“Then we’ll suspect the worst and make up a plan on how to get him back.”


 

~ * ~

 

Jongin didn’t need to open his eyes to know that Kyungsoo hadn’t come back. The room felt empty even if Luhan had decided to stay there overnight. Slowly Jongin sat up, still not opening his eyes as he wanted to drag it out as long as possible before he had to face the truth that Kyungsoo was gone. And what if he really was gone. Not only kidnapped but actually gone. Gone for real. Dead. Jongin didn’t want to think about it but he couldn’t escape the dark thoughts. They had no idea what had happened. For all they knew it could have been MBLAQ that had visited last night, killed Kyungsoo and then quickly disposed of the body.

 

“He’s not dead.”

 

Startled at the sound Jongin quickly opened his eyes to see Luhan sitting across from him.

 

“I would have felt it if he suddenly disappeared from this world. He’s not dead.”

 

Jongin didn’t know how Luhan would’ve been able to know that but it still made him feel slightly better having the other’s assurance that his boyfriend was alive.

 

“Then what are we waiting for?” He jumped up from the bed and started getting dressed. Luhan looked at him in confusion.

 

“What?”

 

“We need to go after him.” Jongin deadpanned. “You’ve been at the B.A.P headquarters, right? We’ll just go there and get him out.”

 

Luhan stayed quiet for a few seconds, opening his mouth as if to answer only to close it again deciding against it. Finally he answered Jongin with a quiet voice. “We can’t go there. Not yet.” Jongin stilled. Holding his shirt in one hand he came to a complete stop in the middle of the room just looking at the elder.

 

“And why’s that?” Jongin asked after a moment of silence, still not moving from his spot.

 

“It’s not exactly a place you can just drop in and out of!”

 

“You’ve done it before! And I can teleport. If you just give me the location I can literally just drop in, grab Soo and drop out again!”

 

“First of all, I was lucky. They placed me in the wrong room that wasn’t specifically made for my powers and therefore I could get out of it. I’m sorry to say it, but Kyungsoo has basically no chance at all to be so lucky. And secondly, yes you can teleport, but you’re not nearly good enough. And we’ll have to be at least near their head quarters for you to manage to get in right and not landing in a wall or something. And thirdly, even if you might be able to teleport the right distance there’s no way I’m letting you try to teleport with Kyungsoo when you haven’t even tried to teleport with a non-living thing beforehand. I’m not willing to risk his life for this.”

 

“So you’d rather risk his life leaving him there than trying to rescue him?” Jongin had thrown his shirt on the floor, long forgotten and was now sitting in front of Luhan trying to figure the older boy out. He couldn’t understand why they weren’t moving. According to Luhan B.A.P did torture their prisoners so shouldn’t they get a move on? They could come up with a plan on their way there and Jongin could practise his teleporting too so they were ready when they got there.

 

“They won’t kill him. They need him alive.” Luhan answered calmly. “I want to rescue him just as badly as you but, I’m sorry, we need to get two more members before we get him back.”

 

“Why?” They did not have time for this. Kyungsoo could be hurting as they speak and now they have to find two more people?

 

“Because I’m not letting you teleport inside enemy headquarters alone. You’ll need someone with great offensive powers. And, even if we hope not, Kyungsoo will most likely be hurt when we get him out so we need a healer too. Luckily we know where the people we need are.” Luhan finished with a small smile.

 

“We do?” Jongin asked, eyes wide as he tried to remember if they’d ever spoken of what powers Chanyeol had. He guessed Chanyeol was one of the two they needed at least, but he had no clue who or where the other person was.

 

“Yes we do. Chanyeol’s in this very city.” So Jongin had been right about Chanyeol. “And I’ve known about Lay’s whereabouts for a long time.”

 

~ * ~

 

The light was what woke him. Still he didn’t open his eyes, as he didn’t particularly find it pleasing to be blinded by the sun first thing in the morning. He guessed he must’ve fallen asleep in some park last evening. Although… the grass he was laying on didn’t exactly feel like grass, neither a park bench if that’s where he had lied down. And now that he thought about it he couldn’t really remember ever walking to a park. He couldn’t even remember what had happened after they had arrived to the hotel and he had decided to walk over to Luhan’s. He could feel a headache starting up, or maybe it had been there all along and he’d just noticed it now.

 

He opened his eyes to find out what the light was, where he was and what the hell it was that he was sleeping on (it felt like he had basically fallen asleep on top of a table), only to be met with white. He could only see white. First he thought, in panic, that he had gone blind only to realise that he in reality was staring at a pristine white ceiling. It was when he tried to sit up that he thought that maybe panicking wasn’t such a bad idea at all, as he for some reason was chained to the table (/bed/whatever it was). Looking around the room as much as possible from his position he could only see some cupboards and tables along the walls, all of it in the colour white. None of it gave him any clue of where he was or how to get out of there and he desperately hoped that this was some sick joke that was played on him. And even if it wasn’t, and it was another reason to why he was chained to a table in the middle of a white room, now wasn’t the time to panic. Panicking wouldn’t get him out of there so it was best to try to stay calm and think out a plan for how to escape. Just when he was trying to see if there was any way of wriggling out of the chains (he couldn’t move an inch, but it was worth trying) he heard a door open and close as well as a pair of footsteps coming closer (at least there was a door to the room, that helped a lot in running away). He still couldn’t see whom it was that had arrived but they would probably pretty soon get into his line of sight and he felt his heartbeat speed up in nervousness.

 

“Ah, D.O,” he heard a man say from somewhere to his right and he desperately tried to angle his head just a little bit more downwards so he could see the newcomer. “It’s so great to finally meet you.”

 

~ * ~

 

They had thought for sure that security would’ve been improved since the day before because Chanyeol must’ve told somebody of the weird trio that had found a way into the building. However they found no change whatsoever and it was as easy as ever to get in. Jongin and Luhan were standing behind a huge houseplant, peering through the leaves at Chanyeol who was speaking to one of his band mates (Myungsoo, the guitarist, Jongin had told Luhan when they first laid eyes on the couple). It looked like the two of them were finishing up their conversation and Luhan turned around to look at Jongin.

 

“Okay, so you remember the plan, right?” He asked and the younger sighed.

 

“Yes. When he’s alone you run up to him and start up a conversation, when the two of you are placed in front of a room I teleport over and open the door so you can push him inside, then we follow and block the door so he has to listen to us as he can’t get out.” Jongin answered in a monotone voice, as if reading directly of a script. “We’ve gone through it at least ten times, of course I remember it.”

 

“Great! Because he’s coming this way now!” Luhan clasped Jongin’s shoulder before leaping out from the plant and running down to Chanyeol who, very conveniently, was right outside a closed room.

 

Jongin looked at the distance between the plant and the room. It was at least 15 metres and even if that might not be that long a distance, it was much further than he’d ever teleported before. But he had no choice, he would have to do it. So when he saw Luhan coming to a stop in front of the tall drummer, scaring him in the process as his mind had been elsewhere, Jongin closed his eyes, concentrated on the spot he had to get to, snapped his fingers and felt the air rip around him.

 

It was more exhausting than he’d expected. Leaning heavily upon the door he just closed behind himself and the others he tried to make it look like he leaned on it only because he didn’t want Chanyeol to try to escape, when in reality he did it because he simply didn’t trust his legs to stand on their own. He didn’t want to imagine what would have happened if he had tried to teleport after Kyungsoo. Jongin doubted that he could die from teleporting but fainting due to pure and utter exhaustion didn’t seem that far fetched anymore. And that wouldn’t help anyone. He would have to practise like crazy from now on so they could go after Kyungsoo as soon as possible.

 

Jongin had expected shouting, and possible fighting, however when he looked up after having collected his breath for a second Chanyeol only stood there looking at the two of them, as if this wasn’t anything out of ordinary at all.

 

“Hey, it’s you two!” Chanyeol exclaimed, actually smiling at them and Jongin deemed him officially crazy. “From yesterday! But where’s the third one?” Jongin visibly tensed. “The tiny one that was kind of cute? I would’ve thought that you three kept together for sure.” He continued and Jongin just wanted to wipe that stupid smile off of his face. They were supposed to keep together. But Jongin just had to take that shower and now everything was ruined. He knew it wasn’t his fault but he still felt extremely guilty about it all.

 

As if sensing Jongin’s dark thoughts Luhan quickly placed a hand on the younger’s forearm as a silent reminder to breathe and calm down. It wouldn’t do to kill Chanyeol now when they’d just found him.

 

“He’s actually one of the reasons why we’re back again so quickly.” Luhan said, shutting Chanyeol up before he said something that would set Jongin off for sure. “But before I tell you about why he’s missing I need to tell you something else. And I need you to really listen with an open mind.”

 

“It’s going to sound crazy, but we don’t have time for you not understanding so please just go with it.” Jongin added quietly, still sending silent glares at Chanyeol. If he didn’t agree to leave with them he’d just have to become the first living thing Jongin tried teleporting with.

 

“Wow, you’ve really changed over night. What happened to me being your light and inspiration?” Chanyeol asked. He had wondered about that. Yesterday the taller of the two strangers had been ecstatic at seeing him but today it was as if someone had all energy out of him.

 

“That’s not important right now.” Luhan quickly said sending a look at Chanyeol which clearly told him to shut up. “Now to the important stuff. Seeing as you’re raised here in Seoul I guess you’re familiar with the story of the Tree of Life?”

 

“Of course I am!” Chanyeol happily answered, a bright smile adorning his features again. “Or the tv-show at least. I never read the books but I was in love with the show as a child. I probably still remember the intro, When the skies and grounds where one, the legends, oh I loved that show. We always played that we were the characters from the show at every recess in school. I always got to be Chanyeol, he had the same name as me so it was a given that I got him but I liked him so I never complained. My best friend wa-“

 

“Okay, great so you know it!” Luhan interrupted. He knew their story somehow had made it into books but he would never have thought that it would’ve been made into a tv-show for kids. In a way it was very convenient,  as now he wouldn’t have to explain it all that much to Chanyeol because he already knew much of it, but he didn’t know what kind of problems this would give them. Seeing as Luhan had never seen the show he didn’t know how much of it were actually true but if B.A.P took some of their information from it that might be a problem, especially for Kyungsoo. Children’s shows usually make it seem like the characters are immortal, something which Luhan and the other protector’s clearly aren’t, which in a worst case scenario might lead to B.A.P going completely overboard while trying to get information from Kyungsoo and accidentally kill him in the process. They would have to hurry to get him back.

 

“What would you say if I told you that story is true? Or at least the majority of it.”

 

Luhan should’ve known that it wouldn’t be too hard to get Chanyeol to their side. When Luhan had told him the whole story about the Tree of Life and what Chanyeol (as well as Jongin and himself) really was Chanyeol had said he was completely crazy. But he had said it with a smile and that if it would appear to actually be true it would be amazing and he wouldn’t miss it for the world. So he had said that he was in. Even if he didn’t know what that meant yet.

 

It was first when he was told that he would have to leave his whole life behind that he became a little apprehensive. He loved being in a band and he loved his band mates and to just leave them behind seemed a bit harsh. Even if they would forget about him quite quickly he wouldn’t forget about them and what if everything that short dude had told were lies? Then he’d leave his perfect life behind to… To do what exactly? He wasn’t really sure. To get the Tree of Life back he’d been told but what that meant he did not know. So he asked. “To find the missing members” was the answer he got and that made him decide that no, he couldn’t leave his job for that. They could be anywhere in the world so it was completely impossible to find 8 guys he’d never met before. So about a minute after he’d told them an absolute yes he told them that no, sorry, he can’t join them.

 

Jongin made Chanyeol change his mind. He’d actually gotten a bit mad at Luhan for not telling Chanyeol about their urgent situation at hand. So he elaborated the statement about finding missing members and told him that Kyungsoo (the third guy from yesterday that was missing today) actually had gotten kidnapped the night prior. He had told Chanyeol that they needed him but one of the main reasons why Chanyeol agreed to join them was probably because Jongin managed to guilt trip him by saying that if they’d never went to get him Kyungsoo would never have been kidnapped in the first place. So it all was Chanyeol’s fault (it really wasn’t but he could tell him that later).

 

So in the end of their meeting in the tiny closet Chanyeol had agreed to join their group. They decided that Chanyeol simply would disappear from Seoul. No word to his group or manager. Just disappear. It would create a great scandal at first but after some time it would be forgotten. Chanyeol himself would probably never be completely forgotten as a huge amount of teenage girls had posters of him in their bedrooms and he was on almost every cover of every album the band had released. But even if he’d never be completely forgotten he’d at least lose his celebrity status and people wouldn’t recognize him on the streets and that was everything they needed.

 

However, as he wasn’t rid of his celebrity status yet they would have to leave the country quickly and hopefully unnoticed. They had managed to sneak Chanyeol out of the closet and building and they were now sitting in Jongin and Kyungsoo’s hotel room discussing how they should proceed with their escape plan.

 

“You said something about needing a healer before we could get Kyungsoo out.” Jongin said before swiftly teleporting to the other side of the bed (Chanyeol was starting to realise that they probably hadn’t lied about the powers they all apparently had). The room wasn’t big enough for Jongin to practice going greater distances but he guessed that teleporting short distances were better than nothing.

 

“A ‘healer’? What about regular hospitals?” Chanyeol asked. “And what are these B.A.P dudes doing to him that he needs a healer?” He added sounding quite scared.

 

“I don’t know. I don’t remember much about what they did to me but I doubt they’re doing the same thing to him. We have different powers so it would be weird for them to do exactly the same thing and they have probably also discovered new methods that they want to try out on him.” Luhan answered. “And about the hospital, our anatomy isn’t like humans so sending D.O to a hospital would be no difference than to let him stay to B.A.P, he would get experimented on either way.” Jongin stilled in the corner of the room, no longer teleporting every fifth second.

 

“Wait, D.O?” Chanyeol asked only to get a nod in answer from Luhan. “So it’s D.O you’ve lost… And you’re obviously Kai…” He mumbled pointing at Jongin before looking intensely at Luhan. “Then you must be Luhan!” he concluded, looking immensely proud of himself.

 

“Okay… How the hell did you know that?” Jongin asked. “And my name’s Jongin, not Kai.”

 

“No, you’re Kai.” Luhan interrupted.

 

“Yes, you’re obviously Kai. It’s only Kai that can teleport.” Chanyeol added.

 

“But how did you know my name?”

 

“Well, I was just judging from your appearance, so it was either Luhan or Sehun. But then I realised that why would Sehun hang out with D.O and Kai? He doesn’t even know them. It would make much more sense if you were Luhan and apparently I was right.”

 

He was. Why both the books and the tv-series had made Luhan and Sehun look alike was a mystery as, according to Luhan at least, they were as different as night and day. But it was lucky he guessed. The main reason for why he managed to escape from B.A.P was because they had thought that he was Sehun and therefore it was quite easy to get out of the “Sehun-proofed room” when he finally had remembered his powers. Kyungsoo wouldn’t be that lucky. He was one of the most well described in the books (Luhan had read them all when he had come across them in a library in France) and unfortunately the description was extremely realistic, so there was not a chance for them mistaking him for someone else.

 

“And if we need a healer were lucky you’re Luhan because then you obviously know where Lay is.” Chanyeol continued looking around at Jongin and Luhan really happily.

 

“Okay, this dude we just met knows more about all of this than me who’s been knowing you for at least… a couple of days…” Jongin grumbled from his corner.

 

“Ehm… You’re actually right about that I know where he is, but why should that be obvious?” Luhan asked. He got a bit worried about how fast Chanyeol accepted everything and how much he seemed to know. If he knew this much who knew how many members B.A.P had managed to capture? Luhan knew for a fact that MBLAQ hadn’t gotten to anyone, that he could feel, but he didn’t know about the other group. When they got to that point Jongin would just have to look into every other room to see if Kyungsoo had company or not.

 

“Well, you always find a way to find anyone, but you and Lay have this strange connection so it’s a given that you know his location.” Chanyeol explained. It wasn’t false, what he said, but Luhan hadn’t mastered that certain power yet and it was just luck that he knew about Lay’s whereabouts. When he’d stayed in China last time he’d been watching the news and Lay had just happened to walk past in the background. And as their minds were programmed as to not travel any great distances Lay should just be in that very same town.

 

“So what are we waiting for?” Jongin spoke up. “Let’s go find this Lay, teach Chanyeol his powers and then go get my boyfriend!”

 

 


 

AN:

Edit: Okay, so I've thought about writing this edit since like an hour after I posted this chapter and if that's not proof for me being the master of procrastination I don't know what is (more than three months late woop woop). If you've already read the original AN you've seen that I sounded excited of kaistal dating which might seem weird as I'm a hardcore kaisoo shipper so I'm actually gonna explain that now ^^' So I love both Kai and Krystal and if any one of them were to be dating I wanted it to be with someone who truly deserved them, hence me liking the idea of them dating. I've never really doubted the kaisoo ship before april 1st and I basically was like huh? Did I read this entirely wrong (who knows maybe I did and maybe I still am)? But if Kai were to date someone then I'll be happy for him (and admit, their babies would be fab~ ...or normal words, followed by a charming smile) so I was ready to admit that kaisoo's relationship was just an extremely close friendship. Then I started to see some flaws in the whole kaistal dating thing (y'all probably seen them too) and to cut a long story short SM has basically made it impossible for me to believe in kaistal. Maybe they're real. Maybe they're not. But right now kaisoo looks far more real to me. Then again I might be wrong. And I don't really care as long as everyone included is happy I'll be happy (okay, maybe I'll be a little bitter if it's ever reeeeally confirmed but I love them but I'll try not to show it) Messy edit done.

I'm back!

And I hate SM for confirming the rumours today... like it's april 1st!! choose a better day!! Becasue like I want it to be true but I'm a bit scared to believe it because what if it's not true? I'll guess I'll just have to wait and see tomorrow... But Kaistal would be so cute~ Stupid SM.......... I guess I now ship two different kaisoos xD is that weird? Shipping Kai and D.O at the same time as I ship Kai and Soojung? hm naaaah I'll say no to that myself (maybe I'm still weird tho...)

However, no matter if the rumours are true or not, I'll continue this story because... well... I'm still kaisoo trash oops xD