Chapter 10

Suppressed

“D.O, it’s so great to finally meet you.”

 

The fact that the man (who he still couldn’t see) had called him D.O could only mean one thing. B.A.P. had gotten to him. Unless someone from the protectors that Luhan had spoken of somehow remembered him and had some weird idea that the best first impression is to constrain your guest to a freaking table. B.A.P. seemed to be the most logical answer.

 

“I must say that you sure took your time to come see us” The man continued as if they had tried to schedule a meeting for a long time and now was the first time that the date suited everyone involved.

 

“But now that you’re here we must get down to business.” The politeness the voice portrayed worried Kyungsoo. He’d only heard bad things about B.A.P and the formality of this whole conversation just made everything worse. The contrast of being chained up and having someone talk to you as your friend made Kyungsoo feel close to panicking. He had no idea where he had this person and he couldn’t guess what they would do to him.

 

“We need your help, D.O.” Kyungsoo still hadn’t said a word but that didn’t seem to unnerve the man who Kyungsoo just wished would come a little bit closer so that he at least could see him. “We’ve run into a small problem and unfortunately you’re the only one who can help us solve it.” Last time it’d been Luhan but they’d lost him so now apparently it was Kyungsoo’s turn to be this “magical saviour”.

 

“And all you need to do is answer a few questions for us.” Kyungsoo didn’t want to answer any questions, he wanted to get out, but if the questions seemed to be harmless he guessed he could do it just for the sake of them releasing him quicker. Something that he didn’t really believe that they would do but they’d been polite all this time and maybe, just maybe, it wasn’t B.A.P who had gotten to him but someone else who just had a very different view on the best way of how to ask people for help.

 

“So what do you say? Will you help us?” It was apparently time for him to speak now. He didn’t know whether to agree or not and since he couldn’t judge from the other man’s expression what the most suitable answer would be he would have to guess. And that he did.

 

“I guess.” He answered quietly. His voice was hoarse and raw from not speaking for a long time but at least it was clear enough for the other man to hear him.  He’d wanted to add ‘… I don’t have a choice’ but he was cuffed to a table for god’s sake and he didn’t know how dangerous this man was so it seemed safer to just agree with him.

 

“Great! So we need you to tell us everything you know about the Tree of Life.” That’s not a question, Kyungsoo thought but didn’t say anything. First of all he practically didn’t know anything about the Tree of Life and second of all he wasn’t dumb enough to give them the little information that he actually did sit upon.

 

“Okay, so maybe you don’t know where to start.” Apparently he’d thought that Kyungsoo’s silence was a sign of confusion and deliberation instead of the defiance it actually was. “Where is the Tree located? How do we get to it? How do we perform the ritual?”

 

Three questions at once, great. Three questions Kyungsoo couldn’t (and wouldn’t) answer, even greater. Way to get on their bad side immediately.

 

“Answer!” It seemed like the faux politeness the man had built up was just that, fake, as Kyungsoo could hear the anger seeping through and he could imagine the tense smile the man was sporting in hopes of keeping his façade up.

 

“I don’t know.” Kyungsoo muttered. It was the truth but the man didn’t buy it as he stepped closer, looking down on Kyungsoo angrily.

 

“Tell us what you know!” He hissed as Kyungsoo took the opportunity to see how the other looked. He was older than Kyungsoo first had thought, maybe 40-50 years old, his hair showing slight signs of greyness but nothing to visible. He seemed to be quite tall (but that could just be an illusion due to the angle Kyungsoo was seeing him from) and he had next to no shoulders, his long neck just slightly sloped and melded into his arms, looking quite much like a champagne bottle with a huge and angry cork sporting wild hair. If it were any other moment Kyungsoo might have chuckled at his inner metaphor about the man’s appearance, but now was not the time.

 

“I literally don’t know!” Kyungsoo answered, raising his voice a little. It was the truth and he didn’t know how to make the man believe him.

 

“You know, D.O, I don’t want to hurt you.” That’s why you’ve cuffed me to a table, Kyungsoo thought wryly. “But if you don’t give us your answers we’ll have no choice but to do this the hard way.”

 

“How can I give you answers if I don’t know them myself?” Kyungsoo shouted after the man who had started to walk back towards the direction he’d come from.

 

“You will know the answers after we’ve done with you.” Was the answer he got before he could hear the door open and close. And with that the man was gone.

 

~ * ~

 

He was alone after that. As soon as the man left the room Kyungsoo had started testing out his original plan, to see if he could wriggle out of his restraints. He soon figured out that if he couldn’t move an inch before, he sure couldn’t do that now either. There were three restraints on each arm (wrist, elbow, armpit) as well as three on each leg (ankle, knee, upper thigh). There was also one around his stomach and one round his neck. The only one out of the restraints that wasn’t suffocatingly tight was the one holding his neck in place. There was also something keeping his head from moving around freely but he couldn’t feel what it was exactly and as it was located somewhere at the top of his head he couldn’t see what it was either. The only thing he knew was that he was practically immobile. At least he could move his fingers and toes and that was some kind of relief, if he’d been completely unable to move he didn’t know what he’d do. Panic, most probably.

 

After some time wriggling (he’d known it was futile from the very beginning but he didn’t want to give up without a solid try) he decided to try out something else. He still didn’t know what his so-called powers were but Luhan had said that he had some, and the angry man sure did think so too, so it couldn’t hurt to try to find them. The only problem was that he didn’t know how. He had seen Jongin find his (Kyungsoo hoped he was safe and that the only one they’d gotten to was himself) so he would just have to try to copy that. Jongin had looked like he tensed up so Kyungsoo tried to tighten all of his muscles while making some sort of mental picture of an inner engine powering up. When that didn’t ork he tried to imagine how his powers were like chakra in the Naruto universe. He tried to feel something, anything, but the only thing he could feel was his body getting tired of staying tense for so long. After trying the Jongin/Naruto technique for a while without finding anything Kyungsoo decided to try something else. Meditation. At the office he’d been working on they’d had several obligatory yoga days (to reduce the stress levels among the workers) and Kyungsoo had remembered several breathing exercises that he now put to use.

 

Unfortunately the only thing the breathing exercises did was to make him fall asleep.

 

~ * ~

 

When he woke up the first thing he noticed was that something was off. He wasn’t strapped to that godforsaken table any longer, instead he was sitting on the floor now, leaning against some cupboard of sorts. He felt relief at first, thinking that everything had just been a nightmare but he soon realised that that wasn’t the case as the room he was in was just as pristine white as the last one and he was also still wearing the weird, white, paper-like clothes he’d been wearing before He didn’t know why they’d bothered to dress him differently than what they’d captured him in, but he guessed it must serve some kind of purpose.

 

Kyungsoo had just started looking for a door from his position on the floor when he noticed him. He standing on the other side of the room with his back against Kyungsoo.

 

“Luhan?” He wasn’t too sure but it did look like Luhan. The natural black hair colour was different than any Kyungsoo had seen on the other however everything else looked a whole lot like Luhan. And Kyungsoo’s question was confirmed when he turned around to look at Kyungsoo with big, frightened eyes.

 

“Luhan, we have to get out of here.” Kyungsoo said, trying to stay calm for both of their sakes because he’d never seen the older look so scared before. “Is Jongin somewhere here too?” He asked and hoped, begged, for the other to say no. It was bad enough that they’d gotten the two of them but, please, don’t let them have captured Jongin too.

 

Luhan opened his mouth as if to answer but instead he coughed. Hard. Kyungsoo had never heard a cough that bad, it sounded painful, and almost sluggish and wet, as if something had gotten stuck in his throat and wouldn’t get out. Kyungsoo could only stay in his position on the floor, looking on in shock and fear as Luhan doubled over while coughing. It was first when Luhan straightened up again, blood slowly dripping out of his hands as well as his mouth that Kyungsoo snapped out of it.

 

“Luhan!” He screamed as he threw himself upwards and towards the other only to find himself bouncing backwards again due to him being cuffed to the leg of the cupboard he was sitting at. He hadn’t noticed it before but now it was painfully obvious as he strained against the handcuffs trying so hard to get himself over to the other, but neither the restraints nor the cupboard moved an inch.

 

Kyungsoo screamed at Luhan again, willing him to go over to him as he couldn’t move himself, or at least to do something and not just stand there. Luhan wasn’t chained to anything, he needed to get out! Now!

 

However, before he had any time to voice anything more than Luhan’s name the other started coughing again, this time falling down to his knees as his body couldn’t take the toll of the violent coughs racking through his body. It was now that Kyungsoo noticed that the blood didn’t only come from Luhan’s mouth, but that the older also was slowly bleeding from his chest. He kept straining against his restraints, pushing himself to get to Luhan, cuffs digging into his wrists but nothing happened. He was completely stuck.

 

There was too much blood. Blood coming out of Luhan’s mouth every time he opened it. Blood flowing from his eyes and ears. Blood soaking through his formerly white shirt. Blood dripping through his fingers, smudging everything he touched. Blood pooling on the floor around his now lying form.

 

Kyungsoo could only scream as he saw Luhan’s form starting to shake, no longer capable of coughing at all. Screaming himself hoarse as he saw his friend’s breaths becoming more and more shallow until they suddenly were no more. He didn’t know when he’d started to cry but he noticed the tears when his voice gave up and the only thing he could do was sob at the sight of the still body in front of him. Not being able to tear away his eyes from the body that had once belonged to someone he hadn’t known for long, but that he still had considered a friend. The body that was still slowly seeping blood onto the floor. The body that had once belonged to Luhan.

 

 


 

AN:

Does this have to be rated? It's not well written and not very gorey but I don't know the rules ^^' Someone please help me~ 

This chapter (as well as some of the next chapters) has basically been planned since I had my weird nightmare about Xiumin saving me from a falling elevator (the elevator  being the nightmare, not Xiumin). So I'm quite sad that I couldn't write it as well as wanted to but at the same time I had a lot of fun writing it so yay :D 

Okay, I know that it was some time ago but I'm still not over exo's comeback asdhjfaelnaopshfärtwnhiåäsnfk I wonder if I ever will be over it... And their dancing is so on point ( as usual) I can't even >.< (and that kaisoo moment in the beginning of monster hehehehe ;)) but waaaah so good~ now I only need a shinee comeback and life'll be complete (okay maybe not but shinee!!)

But 4minute :(( the sadness... my favourite girl group... the first ever kpop group I saw live... Jiyoon... 3 Well as long as they're happy I'm happy but I'll miss them... Hopefully we'll see them doing individual stuff in the future :')

And as an ending to this author's note I'll say what I think I've said every time: I'll try to update this more frequently now! (I I know...) But this time I might be able to do it as I'm home for the summer now and basically all my friends leave me for other travels and stuff so writing will probably the only thing I can do to not go insane from boredom. However there's a huge risk that I'll just become a hermit on tumblr instead cuz I ... But yay, thank you to anyone who's reading this weird thing I've created~ <3