prompt || twenty two

WRITING HELP // inspiration, ideas, and more!
gang/crime starter meme

“Help me up! You can’t leave without me– we’re in this together.”
“Hey! You over there… How much you cost babe?”
“I did the job, now give me my money!”

“That’s a nasty cut, get it today on the run?”
“Heard your partner got arrested today. He better not spill my name…”
“Keep your voice down. I’m packing. Don’t want to attract attention, do we?”

“If you get me caught, I will not keep quiet about what role YOU played in this.”
“The subject’s dead, job done. Want to get a drink?”
“We better get out of here fast, before we burn down with this building.”
“Got a minute? I need to speak to you about last week’s deal. You said you would get me the good stuff. This isn’t the good stuff.”
“How did you get so much through customs?! You got contacts…?”
“Haha! Look at this money! Job well done pays off, don’t you think, guys?”
“There’s no way I’m doing that job. I explicitly stated I would not go undercover as that.”
“No, no, no, no, I told you he wasn’t supposed to get his head blown off, so why are his brains all over my ing carpet?!”
“I’ve got something on you. Something really big you don’t want the whole world to find out. So you better behave.”
“We got to stay low for a while. Those ers are on to us.”
“You still owe me for the last ten times I gave you a ‘sample’. You might be nice looking, but you’re not that nice looking, honey.”
“I just got off the phone with someone who is willing to pay generously for your head on a platter. This is my lucky day, don’t you agree?”
“How many did you get in?! I mean, I’m not complaining, but I’m wondering how I’m gonna go through all of them in one night!”
“You’re going to shoot me with my own gun?”

 

 

Deep Sentence Starters

“When you think about people who have died, do you picture them anywhere?”
“Sometimes it freaks me out that everyone around me has a life as complex and real as my own.”
“Do you sometimes suddenly hear your own heartbeat and feel sick because… What if it suddenly stops or something?”
“I sometimes just want something really bad to happen to me. Something that’s just really awful. I don’t know why… Do you get that too?”
“I can’t stand the thought that I don’t know what’s going to happen to the world in hundreds of years.”
“Does thinking about Primary School make you sad, or happy?”
“Most pets we keep only become a fraction of our age. Do you think that if they’d know this, they’d call us gods?”
“What are you more afraid of, space or the ocean?”
“There’s no way anyone can tick everything off their bucket list. We all want too much. It’s frustrating.”
“Do you think we’re in control of our lives, generally? Or do you think we just think we are?”
“If you knew you were going to die next week, would you tell people or live the way you were till the end?”
“I think most people remember the exact moment they realised they were grown up. Because of something said to them, or something they saw… Do you remember that moment?”
“One of us is going to die first. Do you think we’ll still know each other to find out who?”
“Do you think we’re all capable of murder when it comes down to it?”
“I’m so afraid of the moment you know you’re going to die.”
“Are there things people have said to you that have legitimately changed you?”
“Why do people fear losing things that they don’t even have yet?”
“How do I know you even have a consciousness? I can’t know.”
“What do you think our purpose is?”
“What if everything is just a coincidence? For instance: What if gravity doesn’t exist? Everything has just always coincidentally fallen to the ground.”
“If nothing else, we at least won the race.”
“If you could send a message to the entire world, what would you say in 30 seconds?”
“Do you think other people’s judgments motivate us or hold us back?”
“If karma was coming back to you, would it help or hurt you?”
“Right, we’ve probably had enough alcohol for the rest of the night. We’re getting way too philosophical.”

 

 

unrequited love/infidelity starter sentences

“I’ve been ing the neighbour, okay?!”
“We haven’t been intimate in weeks. That must say something about how I make you feel.”
“I was only ever here because I pitied you… and then it escalated and I didn’t know how to get out.”
“To me you’re nothing more than a mercy .”
“I can’t believe you were lying to me all this time.”
“There is nothing I want more than to be with you, but I can’t.”
“You’re nothing but a warm mouth to me.”
“You can’t just lead me on for weeks and expect me to be okay with that all being made up!”
“No, I’m not okay! You hurt me and now you expect me to feel sorry for you? You can’t blame your mistakes on your ‘problems’ all the time, okay?! I thought you loved me!”
“I can’t believe you actually thought I was in love with you.”
“I knew you were cheating on me. Well, guess what: last night I cheated on you too. I wanted you to know what it felt like.”
“I had no idea you felt like that about me. I thought you were just interested in me as a friend. I’m sorry.”
“I wasn’t leading you on! We were just having fun, right? It’s not my fault you got your hopes up.”
“Woah, it was a one night stand, nothing more, okay?”
“You mean this as a only thing, right? I don’t do relationships.”
“No, you can’t come over. I’m married and have kids. Wrap your head around that.”
“If you thought I could ever be into you like that, you thought wrong.”
“You’re not my type.”
“So, who is it that you’re ing? Is he/she hotter than me? Younger? What is it?”
“Oh my god, you’re in love with me, aren’t you?”
“I’ve met someone.”
“You’re getting too clingy. I don’t like them when they get clingy.”
“You just don’t make me happy anymore. It’s as simple as that.”
“Do you even still love me? Or have you just grown bored with me? What is it? I can’t go on not knowing anymore.”
“So now you want me to believe that you didn’t want to him/her?! Like that sort of thing happens as a mistake– Or, you mean…?”
“We fell in love too quickly for me to realise what I was getting myself into. This wasn’t a good idea.”
“Please just kiss me one last time?”

 

 

credit