prompt || thirteen

WRITING HELP // inspiration, ideas, and more!

1. Does it ever scare you? How damaged we are?

2. Good people are like candles, they burn themselves up to give others light.

3. The way to cope with a death is not more death.

4. Do you regret me?

5. I don't want you to save me. I want you to stand by me while I save myself.

6. Don't you understand? I can't love you if I can't love myself first.

7. Life's a game where the best players are cheaters, but we still bother to play.

8. I'm just doing what my fortune cookie said. Who am I to stand against fate?

9. It's not aboout finding someone who completes you, but rather about finding someone who helps you complete yourself.

10. I have learned to cry quietly. 

11. I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy beacuse they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless and they don't want anybody else to feel like that.

12. We are guilty for turning innocent children into monsters. No child is born full of hatred. Hatred is taught afterwards and so is love. But it seems that in this world, hatred is taught best, and love is taught less and improperly, so it turns into bitterness and selfishness instead.

13. If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us. - Herman Hesse

14. The people that love too much are usually the ones without it.

15. If I disappear don't come after me.

16. I just wanna go back to when all these pictures weren't just memories.

17. I don't want to be alone anymore but I have no idea on how to let anyone in.

18. You held Satan's hand and wouldn't let go because it was warm.

19. Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life. But I'd rather be your moon, so I can shine on you during your darkest hour, when your sun isn't around.

20. I can do this, I thought. Then: And even if I can't, I have to. 

21. Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

22. There is no punishment worse than an immortal life without you.

23. The wind thundered in the trees like surf, drowning his screams.

24. They wanna see you do good, but never better than them. Remember that.

25. It's his price to pay, not yours.

26. I'm not sick, I'm dying. Sick makes it sound as if there's a cure.

27. Nobody wants to know what I've been through. They just want me to readjust, to be normal, to give them whatever they need from me.

28. You're afraid that your power will turn you into someone you're not, and you're not fully accepting it as a part of you. That's why you'll never master it.

29. Please don't be in love with someone else.

30. Today you were wrong. But guess what? The sun's setting. You have a whole new opportunity to screw up again tomorrow. Or not. The only thing more screwed up than screwing up is not trying.

31. Can we have this conversation later, maybe when we're not running for our lives?

32. How many times do you think I can watch her die?

33. I'll find a way back, if it's the last thing I do. You have my word.

34. You had the chance to do something, but you just stood there.

35. Sacrificing the few to save the many is one thing. Sacrificing the many to save the few is something different entirely.

36. You can't save everyone.

37. How many times do you think you can run away befoe there's nowhere left to run?

38. Love makes life worth living.

39. The dark purple veins webbed from the center of his chest and quickly spread to cover his entire body. He collapsed and began seizing, his limbs flaying around him. When his eyes opened one of his grey eyes had gone violent.

40. Do you ever think that we should just stop doing this?

41. This isn't toast. This is hot, soggy bread.

42. That's just it! I don't know what I want!

43. Please, don't let go. I'm here, I've always been here, and I'll never leave.

44. You think that I don't love you? Have you even asked me how I feel?

45. He was warm against her freezing skin, and she pretended that was the reason she held him close.

46. "There is skill," he admitted, "in being able to make someone happy when they are sad but there is more skill in being able to make them happy while you are sad."

47. One look at the shattered mirror confirmed her fears. Her reflection was dark and sullen. Her cheeks hallow, eyes red as blood and a sinister smile graced her lips. It laughed and she whimpered. It had won and it knew it. It was no longer a voice in her head.

48. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the men closing in on him as he quickly walked towards the exit.

49. Exactly. It doesn't mean you're weak, it means you were strong enough to survive.

50. Did I ask for salvation? Don't assume anything about my life.