prompt || five

WRITING HELP // inspiration, ideas, and more!

1. Write a scene about something that falls and breaks.

2. Make a list of five things you're afraid of happening to you. Then write a story in which one of them happens to your character.

3. If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

4. A new law allows people to literally bet their lives. If they lose, the casino legally owns them.

5. How do you destroy a monster without becoming one?

6. They've promised that deams can come true -- but forgot that nightmares are dreams too.

7. Number 221 had been stealing medicene. Not a lot, just a little bit, every day, hidden away in a vent. The kind that could dissolve in someone's morning coffee.

8. What if the air we breathe is really a drug that makes us see a dazed version of the world but when people take real 'drugs' and trip, they see the real world and that's why they're illegal.

9. Birthmarks are where you were killed in your other life.

10. He had a list of things he needed to do. The very first thing was always 'confess.' Everyday, it went unchecked.

11. Scientists have developed a pill that temporarily disables the part of the brain that feels fear.

12. I'm not the monster you think I am. I'm the monster you wanted me to be.

13. Pick one of your secondary characters. Write a scene where this character witnesses something that leaves them no option but to betray the protagonist and join the other side.

14. You are given a list of every bad thing that's going to happen to anyone for the next year. Every injury, every death, all of it, and it all is going to happen no matter what. You can, however, change the names on the list and thus change who the bad things happen to.

15. What if your phobias are based off how you died in a past life?

16. No one expects an angel to set the world on fire.

17. Write about a character who lives in a world where in order to achieve your dreams, you must shatter the dreams of another.

18. In a world where emotions are considered drugs, your family has sat you down to talk about your addiction to joy.

19. Every so often, a dream catcher must be 'emptied' of the nightmares it has caught. Who does it and what do they see?

20. Killing someone gives you all the time they had left.

 

 

 

1. "Nothing is more beautiful than beauty in a wicked world." - Amos Lee

2. "You missed me. Yeah, that's right. I saw you go to visit my grave every day, admit it."

3. "Kill me if you must, but I shall not bow to a King who wears a crown studded with jewels of every life he has ended."

4. "I want you to remember: you deserve this."

5. "The best way to keep a prisoner from escaping is to make sure he never knows he's in a prison." - Fyodor Dostoevsky

6. "You're right above 'clown' on my creepy scale."

7. "There's something you should know, in case I don't come back."

8. "You're like a blister. You only turn up when the hard work is done."

9. "I will strip away all that you know, all that you love, until you have no shelter but me."

10. "Siri, delete Mom from my contacts."

11. "No, I said we were safer. Not safe."

12. "You think you have a choice, and that's sweet and all, but it's time you take the knife and do what you were made to do."

13. "Can I at least give you an awkward hug?"

14. "We'll make a criminal out of you yet."

15. "I knew what you were from the beginning. I could smell the blood. You were born to spill blood, boy."

16. "You can tell the deepest truth with the lies of fiction." - Isabel Allende

17. "I know I just spit blood all over you, and this is probably the wrong time, but I kind of like you."

18. "Look at you, sacrificing yourself for others. When did you get a heart? I had thought you lost your moral code."

19. "The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die." - Julliete Lewis

20. "A villain is just a victim whose story hasn't been told." - Chris Colfer

 

 

credit : pinterest