Chapter 2

When Black Turns to White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 2

The bright morning light shone on Eunsung's tall like figure. Dull shades of green at her feet, and a strong scent of equine filled the air. Eunsung was mucking out her companion's stall, filling up his oats and pouring him more fresh clean water.
She wiped the sweat from her brow with the back of her hand and swallowed back her saliva. Eunsung was completely accustomed to hard labour, she was always told that she would get nowhere in life sitting around. Of course it was her father whom encouraged her to harden up and stop living luxuriously, if you could call it that.
Desperado leaned over his stall door towards Eunsung who was sweeping the concrete pavement and nibbled her hair, trying to gain attention from her.

"Knock it off Des!" Eunsung giggled.

He whinnied, bobbing his head up and down.
She turned around to face the playful Andalusian, she stepped closer to him and embraced his neck lovingly.

"I hope my mate lets me keep you." She sniffled softly.

Desperado had been a gift from her grandmother for her 13th birthday, 5 years ago. He is the only thing she has left to remember her by, before she fled town, leaving Eunsung and family behind. Nobody knew why, and it will most likely forever remain a mystery.
One of the best memories of her grandmother was her spirit form. She was a gorgeous midnight black Friesian. Little 8 year old Eunsung adored riding on her grandmother, much to her father's displeasure.

Warm tears brimmed Eunsung's eyes, she kissed the top of Desperado's muzzle, whispering apologies to the animal before picking up the horse brush and swiping down his flank, resuming her work in a sad silence.

*

"Eunsunggg~" A loud chorus was heard as soon as she stepped foot back inside the house.

"When did you fools get here?" Eunsung said with a big grin before tackling the closest one in a bone crushing hug.

"Yugyeom told us that your dad was out for work, so we could come over, plus, I missed youuuu~" A dark headed boy said with a prominent eye smile.

"Jackson, stop being so sappy. It's not like I haven't seen you in years, you were here the only other week!" She explained to Jackson over her shoulder as she greeted the other 6 of the boys, including her brother.

"We are actually here for your birthday, well, we are going to take you to our cabin for tonight." Jaebum told Eunsung after she had comfortably slipped down into the seat next to him and Jinyoung.

"You guys didn't have to.."

"It was your brother's Idea, blame him." Mark protested with his hands up.

She shot Yugyeom a faux look of anger, but really, she was super excited. Eunsung remembered last time she was over at the boys den, they stayed up late and ate whatever they wanted. Their house was beautiful. It isn't rich looking, but it is clean and well furnished. It even had white. It was a colour that was not often seen around this side of the land.
Their house was situated right in the heart of the forest, very close to nature, and had its own stable and everything.
It was Eunsung's dream home in a nutshell.

"So, when you want to leave?" Youngjae piped up, swivelling towards Jaebum.

"We should leave soon, it does take a while to get there, well, by foot." Kunpimook chuckled, clearly referring to Eunsung's non-existent flight abilities.

"Eun, go and get Des and me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter