Based on Following

This is Utopia

Even the slight screeching scuffs of the turning wheels blended in with this G-Dragon person’s melodies. Changmin grinned as Jaejoong’s head started to bob along with the beat of the noise pollution. The man spreading the rhythm smirked when Jaejoong swayed along. Jaejoong wanted to indulge himself in something he had be deprived of his entire life. If he could, he would like to sink in a well of harmonies. He never wanted the music to stop. His hands found the beat and clapped along. Changmin let out joyous whoops and clapped along too.

The grin on Jaejoong’s face only disappeared when the music stopped and the only thing he could hear was the cheering of the gathered crowd around him. He was too lost in the wonders of music that the clapping and celebration created a new tune for him to follow. How easy it was to find a melody to love, he questioned why his sector never had music before.

Changmin waved to the artist as if he could read the face of him clearly. “Jiyong, another festival?” The musician beamed. His hand traveled to his back to uncurl a banner that had been following him. The paper caught with the graceful wind and flew behind, unfurling a message that made Changmin smile, even if he couldn’t read. “Jjong is coming back here?” Jiyong laughed.

“Yah! You would know before me! So, who’s this guy? Someone you found from that explosion thing? He isn’t too terribly burned, suppose he was one of the lucky few?” G-Dragon stared at Jaejoong, who was still in the trance of song, and shook his head pityingly. Changmin dropped his voice to a whisper and turned Jaejoong downwind so he would have even less of a chance of snapping out of entrancement.

“Only the lucky survived.” Changmin and Jiyong took another glance at Jaejoong, Changmin’s being unnecessary. “We actually think he and his girl were exiled right before the explosion, but we can’t be entirely sure. He was pretty banged up when my men found him.” G-Dragon stared at Jaejoong intensely, pondering over something he couldn’t quite get.

“If he is married, where are his kids?” Changmin shrugged his shoulders cutely. “So maybe is he is in league with these rebels. Making sure not to refill Key’s almighty army might be his form of revolt.” Changmin pet Jaejoong’s shoulder as a sign of agreement, but also to wake the man from his daze.

“Jaejoong, would you like to ask Jiyong anything?” Jaejoong blinked handsomely before his lips in anticipation. There were a million things he wanted to say. How was music created, where was it from, could he make some too, why was it so beautiful, was there anyway he could show Yuri the music, and most of all, how could he have been missing out on this art for so long? Jaejoong just shook his head and dazzled the two men with a smile, even if Changmin couldn’t enjoy it fully.

Jiyong chuckled softly and ruffled Jaejoong on the head despite the fact that Jaejoong was older. “Well, there will come a day when you won’t have to speak, just sing.”

**********************

A laugh that mocked human rights rang out of the palace. The owner of the ringing echo had his arms wrapped with women, two on each side and one at his feet and in his lap, while he watched his servants entertain him. Everyone was his servant in his kingdom. A man, making duck sounds, was hopping around the room. He hopped through hoops like a rhythmic gymnast and skipped on his toes as if he could dance lightly. Opposite him, his partner was dancing a traditional dance that was very difficult to learn in his district.

“Onew, Onew! Yah, land on your face next time you jump through!” Key a girl’s side while he took in the pained expressions of the man with a strange condition. “Hangeng, you should spin faster, faster! Ga In here isn’t getting dizzy yet.” And another rapturous hoot came from his lips.

It wasn’t wrong that he had power, he could abuse it all he wanted, and nobody said anything against him. Why? How were his people living in a world of complete control? Why didn’t more of them pick up arms and revolt against his tyranny? Wasn’t there any logic left in their destroyed world?

There was no logic, only the Almighty.

The riches of the Kim Kibum had been passed down forever. The family was prosperous, greedy, and cunning. The ancestors to this Key had taken power over a world that had no control or means or survival. Who invented the domes? Who created the robots to do their chores? Who enforced a lazy life of boredom and ? Kim Kibum. Kim Kibum. Kim Kibum.

It was all Kim Kibum.

The name was etched in history, and was sure to follow in the future. Each man eternally immortal. He didn’t age, had many children, and left an impression even greater than the Kim Kibum before him. Kim Kibum, he was the one everyone worshiped! He brought the everlasting youth on the people! He graced everyone with a free life! Every Kim Kibum, superior than the last!

Onew and Hangeng dashed out of the room at the sound of approaching footsteps. The women around Key crawled over his legs and torso, trying to escape as Key’s advisor came over. The Almighty’s cackle turned deadly and the es dispersed more rapidly, flopping their bodies across each other to make it out first. One tumbled down the steps before the throne of pillows and luxurious gifts. Her skin had been too sweaty to stealthy get away. The advisor took a light step into her gut and continued up the rise. One of the s squealed and literally leaped out of Key’s lap, much to his displeasure. She tripped along the steps and passed the advisor only half clothed. At the same time, Key pinched and petted the few remaining females and made it harder for them to run. As three more girls slithered away, he grasped tightly onto a thigh, the colorful nails digging into the flesh leaving tender crescents to bleed.

“Going somewhere ?” His grin was smoky and full of hate, like the woman had caused the rising revolt against him. The advisor made the last step up, and the woman trapped between the two men screamed. She knew the risks for serving the Almighty and she knew what would happen if she was caught. It was the end of the line, the last song, no encore, final act, shows over. Goosebumps rose when the shadow towered over her.

He wrenched her up by her fake colored hair. The extensions ripped at her scalp and she let out another yelp from his harshness. His touch burned and she didn’t know why. He pulled her face closer, her cringe not even close to exaggerated, and he growled into her eyes. “We do not tolerate adultery in the Kingdom of Kim Kibum!” He said each word slowly like he wasn’t used to talking. The woman shuddered as his husky voice wrapped around her head. It almost sedated her hysteric state. Then his fist met her head and she fell back with a bloody mouth.

Another playful giggle erupted from Key and he doubled over in laughter. He rolled around on his silk pillows and didn’t care about the platters of food he knocked over. “Minho, Minho, Minho! You let the others escape! That’s no good! You should enforce the rules properly man!” Key held onto his stomach as the laughter turned into pain. He was left breathless and gasping for air. “Your flaming charisma is deadly!”

“Keynim, you need to address the people soon.” Key rolled his eyes along with his head in irritation.

“Minho~? What day is it?” Minho snickered and played along with his childish Lord.

“It is Sunday, Key, the day when everyone worships their Almighty leader.” Key grinned. He loved to be told of the undeniable love for him.

**********************

“Jaejoong, you should eat more.” Changmin could smell the pile of food on Jaejoong’s plate. He had barely eaten a thing! He knew the appetite of the rescued was smaller than his by far, but Jaejoong’s was tiny.

“I am full Minnie! I can’t help it! I’ve been eating small portions since I was born. This is too much for me to eat. Just a little food was able to satisfy my hunger.” Changmin sighed.

“Hyung, you know nothing about proper nutrition. This is why you are so short and you are taking such a long time to recover.” Jaejoong pouted even if Changmin couldn’t see him. “Acting cute won’t get you far. You need to build up your strength.” Jaejoong shook his head.

“What is the point? All I want now is to discover all that I can and maybe find something that I really want to do with my life. No more building robots, I want to create art.” Changmin laughed at Jaejoong.

“Most people do take an interest in it, but the majority of them end up helping with the plan to get back at Kim Kibum.” Changmin gobbled down some more bread and soup before continuing. “Many want a satisfying revenge. Some even want to overthrow Key and end in rule. Do you think you would like to help with that?” Jaejoong stopped moving his spoon through the soup and look at Changmin, locking contact with the blind eyes. It had crossed his mind at one point that this would be a golden opportunity to exact revenge, but he felt that it was too troublesome and unnecessary to do. Just let the sectors battle it out against each other. He never supported the rebellion on a whole, he just like he help it gave him.

“Not really, I’d rather be creating music. I was never the revenge type of guy.” Changmin stabbed at a potato on a serving platter. He sometimes gave out his little speech to persuade them to help. At some point, they all felt the need for retribution.

“How can you not feel angry for all that they put you through? I know hyung; I know what you had to go through. I can recall countless numbers of people that suffered; all their pain was maddening! You were forced to marry someone you didn’t love and create life together! Many of the women that have come here want to help free their sisters of the torturous life on an object. I’ve seen parents that want to kill the children they see running around here because of the feelings of disgust they harbor. When they learn that meals are easy to get hold of they feel like the very basic principle to living was never given to them. They wish that hygiene had been introduced in their nasty sectors and health had been a priority. How can you not feel all this hatred for all that was taken away from you?

“Did you like to be put down everyday for you small size and lack of riches? Did you like starving everyday and never having a say about it? Was there never a time when you were remorseful towards those that were well off? Those fat slobs that lazed around, didn’t you find them inhumane? Those that live under Key’s domain are not human Jaejoong; they are brainwashed creatures that shouldn’t be around! If they were even a bit human they would have helped those that were suffering, sacrificed the things they didn’t need. They would have been caring towards those that couldn’t provide for themselves. Did you even like being married to Yuri? When was the last time you spoke with her?” Changmin took that moment to stuff the potato in his mouth while waiting for Jaejoong to answer.

Jaejoong had his head lowered at he watched his sad reflection in his soup. A tear glistened down and dropped into the liquid, letting small ringlets form from it. “Last night.”

Through his stuffed mouth, Changmin uttered a, “Huh?” Jaejoong bit his lip and put one hand on the bowl. He knew it was all true. He didn’t care for Yuri now that her use was completed. She had come to him the previous evening with stories about Leeteuk whom she had finally met. She loved the colonies and had a strong affection for all that it had to offer. Jaejoong could relate, but he didn’t have the same interests as his wife. Their relationship had been based on the need for survival and nothing more.

He placed the bowl in front of Changmin and walked to the door. “Fine, train me! Make me like all the others, another soldier! Make me healthy and strong so I can fight against something we can’t beat! Fill me up with all the latest knowledge so I don’t go out like a fool. Prepare me so I can find some way back into the domes. Train me to be a Key hating, man killing, corrupted machine!” Liquid sadness trailed behind him. “You are right Changmin, completely right. I was wrong all along, so take me and make me a follower of Jonghyun instead. Make me right instead of wrong.”

Changmin smiled gently and took the bowl up to drink the contents. “Glad you could see the truth comrade.” He slurped down the soup in record time. “You know what; you seem like the type of guy that would like weight lifting. It’s a great way to recuperate, and we can study at the same time.” Jaejoong tried to return the smile, but he felt used. He couldn’t escape this overpowering rule. He was always the one that had to follow the rules. When would he be the one calling the shots and making things the way he wanted?

‘In politics, we always strive for a Utopia, but we stray far away from that reality.’

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Let's see, Minho of SHINee is an advisor to Key, Onew of the same group and Hangeng/Hankyung of Super Junior are entertainers or court Jesters. Ga In or Brown Eyed Girls is... Sorry for taking forever to update, I was sort of bored with writing and I had absoultely no idea what to do. I want to write fanservice, but I'm not a fanservice type of writer. I make everything serious and I want the mood to be lighter. Oh well, this is how I write now.

Comments are motivation~♥