Based on Tasks

This is Utopia

Jaejoong swiveled around, completely caught off guard by the voice. He had not expected to hear the voice again so soon, especially after the parade fiasco from the previous day. This was it, the perfect start to laying down the lies and build fake trust. “Taemin, what do you mean? I’m not thinking of anything other than what to have for lunch.” The young red head could see right through him, the quick anxious glances and strumming fingers a dead giveaway.

“I’m sure.” Both males eyed each other, analyzing like they were preparing for war, which they were. Taemin wore tight, but not constricting, clothing meant for intense exercise and training. Jaejoong wore the same clothes from the previous day. “Where did you disappear to after the parade?”

He knew not to hesitate, hesitation meant lies and something to hide, not something he wanted Taemin to believe. “Just out,” he knew what he had to accomplish, but having the stern male in front of him made his knees buckle. Jaejoong was probably close to seven –eight years older than the other, but Taemin killed all his confidence. The task at hand seemed impossible, and one thing Jaejoong didn’t want to admit was how much fear the young soldier put into him. Like a coward, Jaejoong decided to call of any sudden confrontation and come back later with a planned speech about training for Jonghyun, and he backed away quickly before starting a quick power-walk in the opposite direction Taemin was going.

The red head stopped him, cautiously calling out not to attract attention from anyone other than Jaejoong. “Wait, I am to inform you that there are no longer suspicions placed on your head. That means that your arrest is in the far distant future.” Jaejoong’s insides shook like a trigger had been switched in that computerized part of his mind. The opportunity he needed had risen easily, almost handed to him on a plate.

Carefully he asked, “Heechul is no longer in the area?”

Taemin raised a guarded eyebrow, “You know Heechul?”

The older scoffed convincingly, “Of course I know of the man who almost got me arrested! I don’t really understand why,” lies, “but I would like you guys to trust me enough for that to never happen again. What can I do to prove my worth?” Both remained silent; Taemin had nothing to say and Jaejoong was pretending to think of a solution while really trying to not his pants for lying so badly.

“You at this,” Taemin growled. Jaejoong let out a small gasp, the breath he had been holding in during, and his eyes started heating up with threats of tears. He knew, he knew of the bad acting and probably of ulterior motives, but Jaejoong couldn’t help it. He never lied before, not like this at least. He was completely afraid that the younger would know his intent and break his neck right there. “If you wanted to train, just ask. Changmin already told me that you might come around for that.”

The tears really did fall, relief calming his frayed nerves. But tears looked weird, Jaejoong tried to create at least one decent lie to cover his one slip up. “Oh thank you! I need muscles!”

Almost like he was another person, Taemin gently laughed, shy and quiet. Years of hammered seriousness and military performances washed away with that one upward movement of mouth. He looked his age, young and innocent. With his one joyful expression, Jaejoong knew he was doing the right thing. Any leader that took away the happiness and youth of his peoples’ children was wrong, no questions asked, especially when the children were the future.

“So when can we start?” Jaejoong made sure his eyes begged for ‘this instant’ and not ‘when I don’t feel like I was thrown out of an exploding dome’. The look must have worked to some extent.

“Come back in fifteen minutes to start a warm up and jog around the block. Wear something you can move in.” Jaejoong looked down at his clothes, muddy, covered in wheat grass, a couple of weird liquids in some patches, might be urine, and even some of Yuri’s makeup. He almost scowled, how had he gone around in public looking like one of the drunks from the night’s extended celebration?

The apartment he and Yuri stayed in was actually a twenty minute sprint from there, but he was sure that Taemin was aware and would wait for him. The time he took to get there actually amounted to over half an hour, very good considering he could barely walk a few weeks earlier. Yuri rested on the bed and only stirred slightly when Jaejoong entered their bedroom, his clothes already halfway off. She actually opened her arms to embrace him, but he pecked her nose and ran out again with his shorts halfway up his thighs and wife beater tangled around his arms. Whispered ‘I love you’ and ‘you too’ flew back and forth, Jaejoong out of the house as quick as he came.

Taemin was resting in the same place Jaejoong had left him before, sweat dripping down his face and chest after a nice completed exercise. In contrast, perspiration from running while not healthy made Jaejoong’s hair fuse to his head. Clearly he needed to train his body, so maybe his sudden health conscious decision wouldn’t seem too suspicious after all.

The younger fanned himself with his hand, staring blankly at the panting older. “Right, let’s start off with some warm-up exercises. Do…fifty sit-ups. Then thirty crunches. I want your abs to burn when you’re done.” Jaejoong could only comply. He laid down on a patch of grass and started lift his upper body. Embarrassingly, his feet kept lifting off the ground and a double chin seemed to appear as his head came up. Taemin let out a disapproving grunt.

The red head grabbed Jaejoong’s feet and sat on them, not letting them move. He also grabbed Jaejoong’s hands and crossed them over his chest. “Count out loud, breathe! It’ll actually make it easier to do! Start over from one.” Jaejoong followed his commands completely, not much choice to make.

What had been effortless turned into a challenge, and then a struggle, finally the sit-ups and crunches became pure torture to Jaejoong. He ended the last one with a red face, breath coming out in short bursts. With an inquiring stare, Jaejoong peeked at Taemin to make sure no more warming up needed to burn through his weak muscles.

“Thirty push ups, ten leg lifts, planks for three minutes, do a total of three sets each.” Jaejoong groaned at the punishments. The tasks proved easier to do when he shut out his awareness and focused on how he would have to do this for a long time before trust formed. With Changmin as well? If he didn’t faint now he would faint soon.

*****************

High white color, spandex fit to every curve on the growing body, patches to show experience, and multi-colors of paint inflicted for the younger Kibum; Xander wore a typical uniform for a youth servant of Lord Key.

He had yet to actually meet little Kibum, but he was sure the time would come. Already the Lord had ordered for him to do chores, things he had never even thought of before. Luxurious life demanded a lot of hard work, some of his jobs were harder than his daily street life. Painting on a high wall, in the middle of the night, with no one to catch you when you fell? Alexander’s hands ached from when he did actually fall off his platform. Twenty feet in the air and nothing below him but open floor. Sometimes he thought ladders would be safer, but he liked the mobility of the hover boards.

Ricky sort of helped, in a way. He promised Xander that these odd jobs would never come his way again; he had originally been picked up for a different reason anyway. That was, if he could keep the young master’s attention. Kibum, spawn of Key, must have inherited the selfish qualities of his father. By the time the sundial raised to a visible five in the morning, Xander had finished painting the hall leading to Kibum’s room.

“Great, now prepare his bath.” Ricky prepared for all the servants to wake and start f or the day. Xander had worked through the night without getting any sleep or even cleaning his uniform. “Strip, don’t contaminate the water.” Xander only nodded, baring his skin to the experienced servant. In a hushed voice, Ricky gave useful advice, “Use this time to fill the bath with water and check the temperature. You can also wash yourself first, just make sure the water is clean after you are done.”

The mansion layout was still confusing for Xander, he didn’t actually know the location of the bath chamber. Ricky took it upon himself, because he had the highest rank, to give Alexander and unofficial tour. A large foyer, lush garden, packed kitchen (with steaming dishes already being created), the servants’ quarters, vast library, different study rooms, a room of sophisticated games, a room of childish games, a ballroom (that was only used occasionally), a multimedia center, and the hall of bedrooms.

“Right, Lord Key resides in the chamber at the end of the hall, the several rooms before are his sons and daughters’. The youngest, Kibum, is the only one here at the moment, for the others have already been married off or have taken over a sector. Be quiet, Kibum is still sleeping, Lord Key will be slumbering soon.”

None of the servants had entered the hall yet, all still attending to other maintenance tasks. Lanterns burned dimly, casting a long shadow on Xander’s figure. “Where exactly is the bath?” Ricky nodded off past Key’s chamber. “I have to walk all the way there?” Xander’s cheeks flushed pink.

“Come on, I have to teach you about your tasks when attending to the masters.” Ricky directed them to Kibum’s room first. “He wakes up at 8 o’clock every morning, except on the Lord’s Day he wakes at nine. The young master requires a bath, freshly laundered robes, and then his breakfast in his chamber. After will be his lessons, followed by a break.”

Xander shivered, the long schedule stirring up his emotions, panic setting in. What if he couldn’t remember what to do, or he messed up? Worse, what if he offended one of the Kibums and they ordered his execution? He shouldered the stress and burden on his mind, trembling, the cold fear drew Goosebumps.

“Don’t worry, you just have to deal with waking him, preparing a bath, catering his meals, and entertaining him during his breaks.” To Alexander’s unsure gaze, Ricky nodded reassuringly. “Kibum is a sweet child; it’s Lord Key who is hard to please. In fact…”

The older servant stuck his ear in an old fashion eavesdropping. From inside the chamber, he listened for the voice of his master, either sleeping or dismissing his for the night. “…Can have you sent off by mid-afternoon. Jo Kwon will love you. His sector provides us with great entertainments and art… Dances and songs… You’ll love him too…” Ricky drew back hastily, the conversation not one he should ever listen in on.

“If he knew, he could have my head for this! Just when I thought I would finally leave this place!” The elder practically yanked the younger away from the door, nervous for his mistake.

“Exactly what did you do wrong?” Xander never wanted to commit the same misdeed.

“Nothing really, but our Lord needs his privacy. Especially the conversations he has with Miss Ga-In. Those he strictly said I was never to interrupt.” In this frantic panic, Ricky had pulled Xander to the bathing chamber and took out a parchment with numbers and symbols scrawled over it.

“But is it really so impor—”

“Enter these into the lock, hurry.”

“—What?” Ricky stared pensively at Xander, waiting for him to unlock the door. The command finally registered in his head and he fumbled to put the right code in.

Ricky slammed the large wooden doors closed, his nerves seeming to settle as the distance between he and Key grew. “Follow me, I have to show you how to turn the water on and cleanse it, then you may bathe.”

****************

Hundred lined up, each sporting their weapons protectively. Men, women, even hard determined teens. A murmur passed between them, ‘tonight,’ and eager smiles greeted every whisper. Tonight. Those that supported the evil known as Lord Kim Kibum lay slaughtered, their bodies the new pavement. Any unsure of their support knew now whom to call their true leader. Tonight. Half a dome full, as their animosity grew, the excitement for tonight erupted. Their march rhythmatic, and the beat kept them going. Tonight.

Tonight.

Tonight.

At the front of the raging sea stood the courageous head, the rebellion leader. Yoochun’s steps gliding up steps to a control panel; tonight the passage to another dome would open. His aura orienting his strong confidence heightened the already steamy air. Cramped together, ones breath was not his own. The touches he gave to others as he shoved them out of his way brought life and energy, passion for the battle to come, skin scorching, a burn mark settling in. Verve dripped from his fingers and he neared his comrades. Yoochun reached the panel and stood openly to his people, wavy hair slapping his wrinkling face, the creases of his military uniform settled down. He finally fit into it; his muscles grew with practice and with experience. The crowd grew silent with the powerful man carefully observing them.

He opened his mouth, the sweaty air actually sweet on his tongue, the crowd held their breath. “Tonight,” the army roared to life. One word and the spirit multiplied, blended together, the mass unity ready to sweep out and rampage without reservation. Their movement flowing together, the crowd stomped, waiting for the gates to hell to be opened.

“Tonight!” Yoochun slammed a button down and the tunnel opened up to pour thousands of lives into it. Sector 7455 would soon be conquered.

The path of bodies followed the surge, more blood spilling in. Each wave of attacks brining down a different district. Every drawback came with more supporters, and they became like water and stuck to the group, never separating. Regroup, share strategies, care for wounded, rest, plan, and prepare, attack. Yoochun lost control of the sea and let the rage go wild. Each force a tidal wave, knocking down the governor, his wife, their children, the rich, and the successful.

After the third day of assault, their efforts failed them. The cloaked warriors loyal to Lord Key entered the current dome the rebels laid their wrath on. Row by row, Yoochun’s followers fell. The pattern continued, the path of bodies paved even more. Their greatest attack back was the use of radiation and magnetic waves to kill all the electronics of the rebels. Kiseop freaked when his devices proved useless, and Yunho wept when his C0-PAN10N’s functions halted. His body joined the path of corpses.

He knew, Key must have, there was no other logical way for him to have gotten sufficiently trained soldiers to the domes they were seizing. The spy, just who the hell was the spy?

*********************

“Does that mean your chances for freedom are higher?” Xander questioned Ricky as he carried a snack tray to the young master Kibum’s room. Ricky carried a similar tray for the Lord Key.

“I suppose. I’ll be seventeen in a few months, the same age Junsu was when Key rewarded him, and Ga-In has been married off. Hopefully soon you will take over my position and server both masters.”

When Ga-In had left, Ricky broke down in tears of relief. Key would not hurt him for something that could never come up. The reward Ga-In received was a gift to Ricky as well. She deserved it, honestly. The information she gave would save the Utopia, and her role with stirring up trouble drew out the loyalist believers. Jo Kwon would treat her well, and her safety was assured in a sector far from the major rebelling forces. The forces that would want her head when they found out who was the cause for their downfall.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

New character- Jo Kwon, leader of ballad group 2AM.

Comments are motivation but I don't think a million comments could make me write faster~♥