Based on Possession

This is Utopia

The grin was ecstatic, like the world had finally blessed him with the powers of God. Every time there was a possibility to kick those that disobeyed him out he knew he was growing in power. Jaejoong had been giving him troubles from the very beginning. Refusing his orders and slowing down production in the factory, decreasing a steadily growing population, using illegally gained goods, and even the use of a private library, Jaejoong was a rule breaker. It was finally his chance to rid the sector of the nuisance. He didn’t care if Yunho was friends with him. Yuri meant nothing to him. The woman might have been beautiful, but for all he knew she was infertile.

“Don’t do anything to him Junsu. It isn’t fair.” Yunho stood in a corner opposite Jaejoong’s hospital bed. His face was half hidden in shadow, but Junsu could still make out the anger and sorrow in hid eyes. There was something about a helpless person that made everyone regret the way mankind had changed. Junsu’s smirk widened.

“You are in no place to be making commands Jung. Ever since you rejected Jessica’s marriage proposal you lost your place among the elite. We expected you to finally settle down, but you are still leading in this rebellion. And that robot of yours? We’re thinking of taking it up because of its interference with your marriages.” Yunho growled but said nothing. Junsu was just taunting him. “I’m not even the one you should be worried about. The Almighty Key wouldn’t be afraid of throwing you out.” Yunho ground his teeth together in aggravation.

Yunho had informed Yuri of her husband’s condition, but she couldn’t leave her work to meet him. She was stuck with hurling patients that would be leaving the next day. Down the hall she heard the sobs of the patients informed of their cancers. The poor souls would be thrown out of the dome by the end of the week. They were told that the radiation of the outside would kill the cancerous cells, but they were really just being left out there to die.

She couldn’t let that happen to them. The first chance she got she was running, making a getaway with anything she could gather. Yunho’s robot had already packed a few minimal things that would keep them going for a week. A month really, because she and Jaejoong could make their food last and they didn’t mind wearing dirty clothing. She had secretly been stealing medicine, however useless it was, and storing it in her office desk. She knew, Yuri knew completely what their fate was.

Yuri looked at an atomic clock hanging adjacent to her, knowing her break was drawing soon. She sighed in relief, her shift had ended just moments before. She finished taking the temperature of the patient with her before switching out with another nurse to rest. She should have visited Jaejoong, but there was something holding her back, like she knew someone other than her would be visiting him. She took her break on the roof of the building, taking the chance to examine the dying city around her.

There were no colors in the world she lived in, she hardly saw anything other than the red of blood and the dull gray of everything else. There was no beauty in her world. The hospital was by not the tallest building, but it was able to overlook almost all of the city because it was atop a strangely steep hill. There were only two hospitals in her sector, numerous compared to the dumps of others, but poor in contrast with the land surrounding their Almighty Lord’s, Key, home district. The land there was flush and filled with wonders she couldn’t comprehend. She had heard there was a strange thing called music in the Lord’s home, something limited to him.

There were many things missing in Sector 7453. All art was missing. Any individuality was crushed and separated from those that needed it. Even the creativeness of industrial design and scientific investigation lost all feeling. The buildings were bland boxes with no defining difference. Yuri’s world held no aesthetic beauty. It nearly brought her to tears when she thought of the things she was missing out on.

Yuri was no hot, nor was she cold. There wasn’t any wind on the high roof, there was never any wind. The weather in the dome had been lost, and the citizens were lucky for technology to allow them indoor climates for the greenhouses around the world. The light around them was provided by trillions of little solar bulbs, but the real sun hadn’t been seen by anyone in the sector itself. The abstract forms of the clouds never brought imagination to the young children’s minds. Instead, ideas of lust and prison sanctuary burrowed in their shallow minds. Worst of all, the stolen picture Jaejoong had shown Yuri of a strange constellation called Cassiopeia would never show its wonders to the people lacking in any hope. If the sun couldn’t be seen, the closest star to them, there was no chance of these tiny speckles to make a light of sandy gold in their sky. Yuri wished greatly to see the fandom star.

Her gaze brushed over their little hut, a small house on the less frequented side of the city. It stood small but without fear next to the houses of the illegal and tempting saloons. With the families that could afford a luxurious life, there were many ways to spend their lethargic days and nights. Yuri knew there were some things in her district meant to be ignored and pushed out of thought, or people just as powerful as Junsu could eliminate her.

A man interrupted her gruesome thoughts behind her with a fake cough. Yuri turned to him and gently smiled. The first thing she saw was his patient bracelet, intact with a tracking system and a brand number in case the man were ever to get lost in the maze of corridors. If he needed identifying the serial numbers would tell exactly who he was at birth. Then she noticed that the man was not sick, and she knew who he was. “Kyuhyun,” she breathed. His name was sweet to her lips as it brought a subtle relief to her. He worked with Jaejoong in the factory. Rather, he was the one that did the laboring work while Jaejoong just checked that the machines functioned.

“You should visit Jaejoong, Yuri. If the timing is right, something could go well.” She smiled thinking of an impossible escape by a random military tank crashing into the hospital and whisking them away. Indeed she liked that idea. “You know that I work with Jaejoong, reporting to Yunho, but did you know that I also report to Yoochun?” Yuri shook her head, not particularly caring. “Yuri, visit Jaejoong.”

*************************

Yuri slipped into the room, unaware of Junsu’s presence in the chair beside Jaejoong’s bed. She kneeled on the other side and took hold of his hand, caressing the callused palms. He was a hard worker and he deserved with complete entirety a rest beyond the proportions given to a king. The loving and gentle man she was glad to be married to. The fates were kind to her and gave her someone that would defy the rules to protect her, and stand for what he believed in. In all possible ways, she was in a blissful state.

The harsh voice cut through that condition and sent her spiraling into a guilt, tying her to her spot in utter fear. “Pack your bags wench, that was the final straw.” Maybe she could weasel her way out of complete demise. Was there a possible path for her to take to live another day?

“For what reason am I to be threatened like this” Junsu leaned over Jaejoong’s slumbering body and raised his hand.

He slapped her hard across the cheek. “You are not helping the community therefore you will be eliminated! Tomorrow at sun high you and Jaejoong will be exiled from sector 7453, and I am sure you know what that means!” Yuri sheltered her stinging cheek. No one had ever laid a hand on her before. Maybe her father had shook a little too harshly as a child, but never that abusively. Tears were rising, but her anger was peaking.

“You ing fiend! How are we not helping? I heal your sick workers and keep the mothers healthy! Jaejoong works hard to make sure the production of your useless machines is kept running smoothly! You have the nerve to –” Junsu’s hand met her cheek again, this time with his ring making contact with lip. It immediately started bleeding. She hissed, but to Junsu it sounded like the sizzle of ice melting away; she was losing this war.

“, don’t talk back to me! I own you!” Junsu was gleaming with power and delicious hunger. He knew of the control he held over the people, he had no standing enemies to hurt him.

Yuri hissed at the man. “Am I an object now Junsu? Are women just vessels to hold your precious children? You have no heart, no soul. You make me sick!” Rage was pulsing through her veins. That man! He had the audacity to claim her as his! She held only pure hatred for his obvious corruptness. “A governor are you? A man with power? If I had the chance I would kill you now!” Jaejoong must have heard her threats. His eyes had opened and already had his hand snuck around Junsu’s wrist. With all the strength he could muster, he dug his grimy nails into the ruler’s tough skin. Junsu shouted, the unexpected attack startling him.

A struggle shook the bed, and Jaejoong almost toppled helplessly onto the floor. Junsu had regained his composure and started to wrestle around the patient. Jaejoong was losing another senseless battle. Large hands latched onto his shoulders and started to shake him, leaving bruises on his pale skin. Junsu was close to killing him. Each attack he made at the sick man left him a little more tired, and he didn’t the exhaustion. He wasn’t familiar with physical labor all that well.

Yuri leaped onto Junsu’s back and started scratching like the angry cat she was. He was ruining her life, and she would do whatever she could to make he regret it. Junsu fought between the criminal couple over the freedom of his movements. Just as his knees were going out from the back and forth tugging of the two, Yunho dragged Yuri off and gently pushed Jaejoong onto the bed.

***************************

His steps glided over the tile floor and patients turned their heads to watch the elegant man. They noticed his aura orienting his strong sense of confidence. The temperature in the room seemed to drop a few degrees as his breathed out seriousness. A single touch from him, as they scurried out of his way, scorched their skin and left a fiery burn. Life burst out from him; he shined stronger than the sun. His wavy hair flew behind him as his stride swept down the hall. The ripples of his loose military uniform rustled from wear. He was a true powerful man.

Reaching his destination, he slid the door open to the scene unfolding before him. A panting and exaggeratedly tired governor, a strikingly beautiful man and woman lopped on a bed, and a rather handsome man taking directing the actions of the others. He ignored the scrapes and bruises to complete the task he had been set with. He locked eyes with Yunho and recited something he had kept to memory since the day he could understand its meaning. “Always Keep The Faith.”

Yunho blinked. He wasn’t expecting it so soon. “Do you mean it Yoochun?” Junsu stared quizzically at his fellow governor and a semi-loyal citizen of his sector. Yuri and Jaejoong had no idea what was going on as well. The trio was left clueless while an exchange of grins was made between the two. After getting his message across, Yoochun nodded to Junsu with a wicked grin and laughed before starting his floating walk out of the hospital.

Junsu didn’t matter at that moment. “Yuri, darling, my C0-PAN10N needs to see you immediately!” The gleam in his eyes revealed their intentions. Their escape had come! Jaejoong gripped Yuri’s hand tightly before nodding his approving. She needed to go a prepare for their life changing journey. The dumfounded Junsu was left to ponder the situation laid out in front of him. Just barely did he suspect that there was a possible break out coming.

Nobody missed the smirk on his face, but they ignored its impossible meaning. Junsu believed with all his heart that there was no way they would survive outside the dome even if they gathered all the material in the world. They were going to die whether it by him or their own plans.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Yes, Key of SHINee is the highest power in this world, I had to, his name is Almighty. And Kyuhyun, well, I'm working him in. The reason Changmin hasn't appeared isn't because I haven't made him a part because I made his part in the story before Yunho and Yoochun's. He plays a special part later on.

Comments are motivation~♥