Based on Justice (End)

This is Utopia

Now Key was really crying, sobbing tears into snot and begging for his life to be spared. He sobbed, no longer writhing under Jaejoong, no longer watching as blood spilled from a headless figure, no longer paying attention as Jaejoong stood up and backed away.

“Narsha!” Then the woman ended the transmission, leaving Jaejoong alone with the ruler. She had her revenge, eliminating the big bad ruler from the free world; it was his turn to liberate the domes. Key kept crying.

He heard the steps before he understood what was going on, then a child trailed by two men entered. The young boy stared at the man on the ground, and Jaejoong noted their shared facial features.

“I’ll let you have my throne, my palace, my people, all my riches! Please, please! Just –please!” His whimpering continued and Jaejoong and the intruders just stared at him. The young boy raised his arm from behind him and revealed a semiautomatic gun, one that shot real bullets and not radiated rays of light. This weapon spilled blood instead of boiling it and poisoning the body and it was just as deadly, if not more.

The two men grabbed Key and dragged him behind a pillar, there the boy steadily walked with his head held high. In two easily powerful sentences, he took the reigns. “Father, I am dismissing you from your duties as Lord and taking over my rightful position now. You must pay for those that suffered.”

The boy wasted no time, as Key was in the middle of promising the sun and the moon if only his son wouldn’t kill him, he shot the man. There were no words or warning, the boy dealt the death sentence like a true man. The chubbier of the two men behind the child turned him around and wiped away the blood splatter from his cheeks, the one with sharper features pulled the boy into a snug hug until he noticed Jaejoong’s gape and pushed him away.

“Soldier, tell this to your leaders, ‘A new era of Kim Kibum has come, and it will not be as horrific as the past.’” Kibum gazed directly into Jaejoong’s eyes and his brown irises flared with provocation; he dared Jaejoong to attack him. The soldier made no hasty moves and instead tried to conferences with his watch again.

There was a lot of static and he could see the faint outline of shattered glass and solar panels surrounding home base, and covered in streaming blood, Changmin gasped at the transmitter. “Jaejoong! Quickly finish the mission! Jonghyun has been assassinated! Jaejoong!” Changmin practically shrieked.

“Key is dead, pull the troops out. Release any prisoners of war and turn yourself in; you are now under arrest for war crimes, as well as Narsha and Yoochun along with his men. You have forty-eight hours before Kibum will send for you.” Jaejoong ended transmission.

Kibum’s shuffled back in a startled retreat. “You are helping?” He questioned.

“The creed of this army is ‘to prevent chaos, stop injustice, and long live Bling Blind,’ but he is dead. Yoochun is now leading rebellion in sectors not too far from here. He might have already reached the ones run by your family. Yoochun is wrong, Jonghyun was wrong, and Key was wrong. Only Yoochun is left.”

The new leader swept his feet across the floor in thought, gaining ground on the exit. “Jaejoong, Key was not incorrect to think that his way was ideal. Your Governor should have provided for you better, it was his fault that you suffered. You can’t blame my father.” Kibum left the room first, followed by his two servants.

***************

That evening, Kibum was crowned the new King of the sectors. His first demand was that the war criminals outside the domes be rounded up. Dark clothed soldiers under their new King searched for the men Jaejoong pointed out. Seungho was found quickly, he was leading his men in a retreat at the time. Seungri and Chansung were dead, they died from an explosion. L.Joe and Taemin were captured and tried as adults and would likely face the death penalty. The rescue team was labeled kidnappers and Yesung, Donghae, Henry, and Ryeowook were all imprisoned until trials were given.

“We can’t find Changmin,” Jaejoong informed Kibum. He had spent a week searching for the blind man through the forests of the outside world. The soldier crossed many rivers and mountains to find him, but there wasn’t a trace of man passing through.

“Was he really that important to Jonghyun?”

“He was. Changmin recruited the refugees from the domes to join the army, and he also headed the team that kidnapped them. He was one of the main men that planned the revolution. Plus, he was kind of a to me.” Kibum concluded that Changmin had fled after losing contact with Jaejoong and realizing their war was over right after it started. This was probably a record.

The day after Kibum came to power, Yoochun was brought into Sector 1 and tried before a court of several governors and Kibum himself.

Yoochun stood before Kibum with a black eye and dirt still stuck to the dry blood in his hair. Even in the face of defeat, he acted on his pride and did not look away from the small twelve year old boy. “Don’t make any hasty decisions now that you are in charge. Daddy didn’t give you his Kingdom so you could destroy it.”

Kibum smirked. “Are you talking about yourself, Yoochun? Your father left you sector 7454 so you could help them, not blow up half the dome and leave many people homeless.” The other members of the court chuckled at their banter, and Jokwon, the Governor of Sector 1 and Kibum’s eldest brother, let out an obnoxious snicker.

“What will you try me for? Answering the demands of my people? What did I do?”

With a wave of his hand, doors to the courtroom opened to reveal a slender woman with short black hair and sharp eyes. “Miss GaIn, please come in and have a seat next to your husband.” The look of shock on Yoochun’s face was worthy of an award. Yoochun is perhaps the only one who could make such stupid faces.

Keeping the same expression through the speedy trial, Yoochun was charged on counts of destruction of several Sectors, the death of almost a million civilians, the exiling of Governor Junsu, illegal acts of trade in many Sectors, and conspiracy with outside forces. He was executed that same day in a good lynching.

At the end of Kibum’s first week in power, Junsu was set free and reinstated as Governor, now over the half destroyed Sector 7454. He quickly turned the people around and enforced the new laws Kibum set.

Jaejoong and Yuri’s lives picked up right where they had left them only five months earlier. “This is a public announcement. Your leader the almighty Key had been overthrown” Yuri snuggled up closer to her husband. “…shifts now. The governor of the 7454th sector, Kim Junsu, has just informed you of the shift change. Please follow procedures and keep flourishing.” The ending message was chipper and squealish, almost like a dolphin’s voice.

Almost regretting that she had to work again, Yuri tugged on Jaejoong’s arm and pulled him off of their bed. Jaejoong rolled onto the floor where he squeezed his eyes closed in a play of sleep. Opening one eye slowly, he glanced at his wife in the bathroom brushing her hair. She was magnificent. Yuri removed her pajamas and started putting on her Scrubs for her shift at the hospital, but all Jaejoong saw was a woman.

“Come here darling, we don’t need to worry.” He held out his arms for his wife to join him on the floor. Yuri saw this and disregarded him with a smile. Then Jaejoong slyly stood up and wrapped his muscular arms around his wife. “Hey baby, don’t ignore me. You can’t do that to me.”

Yuri giggled into her hand, looking at the two of them in the mirror. “Jaejoong, please, stop, we have to go soon.”

Jaejoong whined in his childish voice, “Yuri, work doesn’t matter!” He buried his nose in her neck and it slowly. “You want me.” She giggled again and softly hit his arm.

“Not really,” but she let him hold for just a little longer.

“Yuri,” she hummed in response. “Do you want try and have a child?”

Having a child would no longer determine privileges, and it was expected that everyone worked because it would be unfair for the government to provide for some and not others. Those with family wealth were allowed to keep their riches, but the wealth provided by the government would be gradually reduced until citizens lived on their own.

As it was still healthier to live in the partial domes because of the risks of radiation outside, people stayed inside. However, disease control became a major priority. New regulations brought in clean water and the ability to cleanse dirty water, saving many people from water borne illnesses. Implementing the practices outside, many lives were saved. Those that were sick did have a tendency to live once outside the domes because their genes easily mutated, so hospitals still ran in the fresh air. There was more oxygen outside than in the domes, and people started to age more. Children on future generations would find the eldest adults to look like fifty year olds, even at the splendid age of one hundred.

With the obvious increase in age appearance, people didn’t feel the need to get married quite so soon and the decreased demand for children lowered the birth rate. Instead of marriages of convenience, people started marrying because of mutual interests or even love.

More importantly, music was brought to all the domes, and for once, the people felt like they had a purpose. Creative twists brought new tastes to foods, and the greenhouse actually produced enough produce thanks to better understanding of weather and science. Without the limits of a full dome ceiling, architecture was stylized to emit a free feeling with buildings that reached for the sky. They came in many colors, and most had gardens surrounding them.

The industry started to pick up pace, and new scientists finally innovated technology for their own curiosity. Studies began again, wonders sought to be found, questions to be answered.

What Jaejoong came to understand was that their world wasn’t so far off from the perfect society it was supposed to be. Key was close, really close; he just needed to spread his ideas to all the sectors, not just Sector 1. Jaejoong saw it, the beauty from within Sector 1; it was everywhere, like it should have been all along.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

This story is done! It seems like the ending was rushed, that is because it is! Instead of writing the last chapter, I spent more time on the Analysis and Character chart.

I am very proud of this fic from my writing style to my plot. I started this I believe in October of 2010 and now it is already April of 2012. I'm sorry for taking so long between updates, but this fic isn't really an edge of the seat kind of fic. It's probably better to read at one time, and easier to understand too.

Thank you to those that read and commented, it really did help me write even when I wanted nothing more to do than read other people's fics.

Thank you for sticking with me~♥