chapter viii

Our Story (우리의 이야기)

“That’s pathetic.” She sighed. “I am not that childish to get revenge on Yonghwa just because we fight a lot.”

“Okay, that’s why I am clarifying some things.” Minhyuk whispered on her. “I apologize if I am a bit clingy, Blossom. I just felt so comfortable with you.” He honestly said.

Shinhye knocked his head and laugh, “are you kind of flirting with me?” She hissed. “You are the one who needs to stop being a child. Or else I might call Yejin and help you realize everything.”

 

“I heard Yejin!” Yonghwa’s voice roared at them. “Are you guys getting back together?”

“So loud,” Shinhye said.

“What again?!” Yonghwa asked. “You always laughs and teases me whenever we talk.”

“What do you think we will do instead of that?” She teased again. “Hyukkie, let’s eat.” She clung her hand on his arm. She really wanted to be more kind and open to Yonghwa but when she finds herself in a complicated pace, she starts to be coward and gets back to the pace she started with.

Yonghwa stopped her and held her arm. He didn’t say anything but his two sad eyes that’s staring hers were like talking to her heart. He squeezed her left arm like he needs some help. He badly needed Shinhye now. Yonghwa smiled a little and slowly release her arm from his hand. “Go ahead and eat, so you’ll have more fats.” He left the two.

“What’s with him?” Minhyuk lied. He knew Yonghwa. Yonghwa is his bestfriend. Shinhye became a part of their lives and messing up the puzzle of their lives isn’t just simple as playing. It is the first time he saw Yonghwa’s eyes that was filled of sadness and eagerness. And at this time, he knows that his bestfriend has a very special feeling for Shinhye. At this point of time, he knows everything wouldn’t be as simple as playing.

“Your bestfriend is so weird.” She sighed. “He is so talented on making girls wimp over him. But I guess he knows that he can’t do that to me.” She smiled.

“Yes, he’s weird. And I think he is going to be weirder.” He tapped her head. “I’m going out first, let’s eat together some other time.” He smiled. “I’ll make it up tomorrow.” Minhyuk waved as he say goodbye. He is confused. Yonghwa’s serious. His bestfriend trolls and plays a lot but now, as he remembers how he stares at Shinhye – the old Yonghwa is gone. His bestfriend that is a true insensitive guy starts to be sensitive with everything that relates with Shinhye.

“O-okay, I’ll just eat alone since Yuri and Jungshin are together.” She smiled.

 

***

 

“Alone?”

He nodded.

“Are you angry with me?”

He just wiggled his head telling no.

“So why aren’t you speaking?” She pouted. Shinhye found Yonghwa eating alone in the cafeteria. Jieun’s not around, the other guys are nowhere to be seen. Yonghwa is not looking straight at her eyes. “Spill it out.

“Nothing,” he continued eating. “Aren’t you eating? Where’s Minhyuk?” He asked.

Shinhye pouted and face Yonghwa. “I’m sorry.” She smiled brightly. This is not her personality, saying sorry even she doesn’t sure what wrong she has done to him. But she doesn’t want Yonghwa and her to be like this.

“Why are you saying sorry?”

“I’m just sorry. Can’t I say sorry even I don’t have a reason to be sorry with?” She pouted. “That looks delicious,” she pointed at the rice toppings that Yonghwa’s eating.

“You want?”

“I want you to forgive me.” She said in a low tone.

“You didn’t do anything wrong. There’s nothing for you to be sorry and nothing for me to forgive about.”

“You are mad. I know. I can feel it.” She insisted.

“I’m not angry with you. Stop bugging me please. I’m tired.” He smiled but his heart is tired. He is confused with his mind and heart. He doesn’t know what he is doing at this very moment. It’s the first time having this kind of feeling towards a girl. He’s jealous. He wanted Shinhye to focus on him. He wanted himself to be more into Shinhye. But, he saw Minhyuk’s soul towards her. Minhyuk is the good – he is the bad. Minhyuk always win – he loses and only got the worse things. So in this game, he knows that his chances are getting blurry. He hates himself. He stood up and get her backpack, getting ready to leave. “I’m going now.”

“Where’s Jieun?” She asked.

“I don’t know. Do I need to be with Jieun everytime?” He sounded so irritated. “I don’t know. Sorry, I’m just tired. I think she is getting ready for next subject.”

“O-ok.” She answered. At this point, she knows that something is bothering him. This is not the Yonghwa she knew. Yonghwa is the type of person that doesn’t care even the world already left him. He only needs the people who need him. And if there the people needs him starts to leave his side, it’ll mess up his heart. She knows it – because his hidden warmth already reached her.

 

***

 

As he walks to the pavement, she carefully looks at him.

As he stumble every corner, she wanted to save him.

As his tears slowly dropping, she wanted to know what the reason behind it.

 

 

He safely arrived at their house. Yonghwa’s starting the house with a blank sight. At one moment, Shinhye feels Yonghwa’s sadness. He is not like this the past days. A while ago, when he grabbed her arm she knew something is bothering him. She wanted to rush and comfort him but he doesn’t want Yonghwa to misunderstand that she is just merely comforting him. That’s not it because, she cares, she comforts, she worries.

After a while standing there, he sat in front of their house. Shinhye became more curious what is happening to him. Is it because of his Mom again? What happened to Yonghwa? Her feet started to approach the guy sitting in the cold cement. Once she’s standing in front of him, Yonghwa faced her with a crying face.

“Why are you here?” He wiped his tears. “I am not in the mood of getting in a fight.”

“What happened?” She asked.

“Nothing.”

“I am asking what happened and why are you sitting there?” She asked.

He stood up. “I’m going in, so please stop asking me.” Yonghwa started to walk.

Shinhye grabbed his hand and stopped him. “I am asking you, sincerely.” She asked again.

 

“You should stop doing this,” Yonghwa raged.

“Stop doing what?”

“You should stop doing what you are doing now because -,” he was stopped.

 

 

 

“What are you guys doing?” A jolly toned question was heard. A jolly toned voice of Jieun.

 

 

 

 

Thank you for the support and inspiration dear friends.

I promise I won't let you down on this story.

I was just a little busy last month but I promise I will update regularly from now on.

 

Please tell your thoughts or something that I needed to improve on. I am kind of rusty this time, I'm sure you guys can feel it on my words. But I will focus on this story to make it memorable for everyone :)

 

Love,

Dokmishin