chapter v

Our Story (우리의 이야기)

"Is that you?" Minhyuk waved. "The amazing Lee Jieun?" 

"Well, you wouldn't believe I was that amazing." She boasted. "Where's Yong?" 

Minhyuk shrugged, "didn't you know that he's the almighty late comer of the century?" 

Jieun sat beside him, "I know." 

"Then why you are still asking." He said. 

"How are you and Jin by the way?" She made short of the name Yejin. "I wonder if she still clings to you like she did back in high school." 

"We're over." 

Jieun stood up as she was so shocked about Minhyuk just said. "I didn't see that coming, who broke up? Jin?" 

"Funny that you are the only one who stated her name as the oneㅣㅣ who initiated the break up. Everybody, as well as Yonghwa blamed me." Minhyuk smiled. 

"Why would you break up with her? The world knows how much you like her. God, that Yonghwa compares himself to you." She smirked.  

"Why? Are you pointing out that I am not even valid to compare myself to others?" Yonghwa from behind coldly said. "Am I that bad, Lee Jieun?"

"There you are, the almighty Yonghwa." Jieun smiled. "I missed you." 

Yonghwa wiggled his head, "not really missed you." 

"What a bad boy." She pouted.

"So, spill it out - what are you doing here?" Yonghwa said. 

"You mean here?" 

"I mean here in the country, so supposed to fly to Boston last week right?" He smirked. "What are you doing to your life Lee Jieun." 

"Because I want to be here." 

"Nonsense." Minhyuk blurted. "I bet my whole life that every reason you have because of staying here are all irrelevant." 

"I second the motion." Yonghwa nodded. "Your parents would be so angry again. You are such a spoiled brat." Yonghwa knocked Jieun's head. "You always do want your little head wants." 

"Well, I think because I idolize you." She giggled. "Studying here with you guys only shows that I am going to have fun in the coming years." 

"Lee Jieun, you are really despicable." Minhyuk stood up. "I'm just going down. We're too early for morning class." 

"Where are you going? To Shinhye?" Yonghwa stopped him.

"Who's Shinhye?" Jieun blurted. "Don't tell me you already have someone to replace Jin?!" 

"Shut it up, Lee Jieun. You talk to much." Yonghwa said. "Don't try to brought up Yejin here." He shrugged, he doesn't mean Yejin - He actually want to say Shinhye. But he doesn't have the guts nor the privilege of stating her name. 

"I'm not the type of man that replace someone overnight. I thought you know me enough, Jieun." Minhyuk hissed.

"Why you guys are so much in a bad mood today? Aren't you happy to see me?" She asked.

"I think we are going to be more happy of your in Boston now, studying." Yonghwa smiled. 

"I second the motion." Minhyuk said.

***

"Park Shinhye!" Minhyuk waved at her.

"Minhyuk, why do you go here always? It's so impossible that you are just visiting me?" Jungshin asked.

Minhyuk whispered, "I'm here because of Yuri." Then he smirked. 

"What??!" Jungshin shouted. "Don't you dare." 

He smiled. "Kidding. She's yours." 

"She?" Shinhye said at the back. "You mean Yuri?" Her left eyebrow never failed to match her tone. "You two are dead once I see my friend suffer. And that's not a warning."

"We are not doing anything bad." Minhyuk disclaimed. "I promise." 

"Why are you here?" She asked. 

"To see you?" 

"What a bs." She hissed. 

"You're too harsh to say that." He smiled.

"Where's Yonghwa?" She asked.

"With Jieun." 

"Jieun?" Jungshin butted in. "I never thought Jieun would be like that."

"Well after all she's a good girl. Let's see how far she would go." Minhyuk explained. "She values her friends so much that she choose to be here." 

"You guys are friends since high school?" Shinhye asked. 

"Yes." 

"I see."  She said like she doesn't care.

"Let's go out later after classes, Shinhye." Minhyuk smiled. 

"Why are you so clingy?" She said in irritation. "What if I don't like?" 

"Out??!!" Jieun from behind exclained. She is with Yonghwa. "Can we join??!" She seemed so excited. 

"Of course." Shinhye smiled. "Making friends is good." 

"Park Shinhye is that you??" Yuri just got in from the wash room. "You seriously want to make friends?" She asked.

"You don't like?" She said.

"No! I want you being like this, making friends!" She smiled. "Can I join too?" 

"Of course Yoooori." Jungshin teased again.

"Okay! Done! We're going after school." Jieun happily said.

***

"Hey!" Yonghwa greeted Shinhye that's playing on her Game Boy. "Such a kiddo, still playing those things." 

"I am so killing you if I lose now." Shinhye said, sticking her eyes on the gadget.

"It's so unusual that you will go to a group date." Yonghwa hummed.

"It's so unusual that you are talking like that to me. Excuse me, do you know me?" Shinhye asked. 

"Foul." 

"Not even a scratch, Yonghwa." She smiled.

"Yes, it is." He push the off button of the game boy. "That's the price." Then he stuck his tongue out. 

"Then, why are you going to the group date? Knowing you, I bet you wanted to have some fight somewhere instead of sitting in a cafe talking nonsense." She winked. "And I am hundred percent sure about that. Don't try denying it." She stuck her tongue out also.

"Because of Jieun." He sighed.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because we're friends. As well with the boys." He smiled.

"Understood." She tapped his back. "See you later." 

"Do you..

"What?" Shinhye stopped.

"Do you want to know why?" He sighed again. "The deeper answer from that why."

"No." She smiled. "I don't want to barge someone's privacy." 

"O-ok." 

"Ok." 

***

"Shinhye?" 

"Oh hi, Jieun." She smiled.

"I want us to be friends." She smiled. "As well as Yuri." She extended her hand.

"I have a question before that," Shinhye said. "How many boys have you dated since high school?" She smiled.

"A lot." Jieun giggled. 

"That's given." Shinhye said. "Then you and Yuri will get along. I'm going to be the worst among us again." She laughs. "Nice to meet you, Lee Jieun. And just a disclaimer, I am really the worst." 

"Since we are friends. I will tell a secret." She smiled.

"That's fast." She answered.

"I originally should have been to Boston now because of my parents but because I love Yonghwa so much, that I chose to be here." Jieun straightforwardly said to Shinhye.