chapter x

Our Story (우리의 이야기)

“Do you even know what happened last night?” Shinhye grabbed Yonghwa’s backpack while he is walking ahead. Honestly, it was Shinhye who waited him today. She wanted to talk to Yonghwa. She wanted to have time alone with him. It’s been quite a while when they stop with each other alone, with no fight – she wanted Yonghwa to open up with her. “You are so drunk.” She smirked.

Yonghwa was shocked having Shinhye grabbing his bag. He wanted to be alone with her. He wanted Shinhye to be just concentrated to him. “I am not drunk, Blossom.” He smiled and tried to ruffle Shinhye’s hair but he failed. Then he pouted.

“Then if not, tell me why you are like a rugged man last night. I’ve never seen a man messed like that in my life. Not even my Dad.” She laughs, she wanted to more affectionate – but her nervous mind made her more.

“Do you need to know?” Foul words ever, Jung Yonghwa. “I doubt that you even want to know.”

“I want to know.”

Yonghwa was failed to control his heart now. His whole world was once again captured by Shinhye. Words like I want to know felt like heaven to him. “Not out of pity?”

“Do you need pity?” Shinhye asked confidently – like she was so sure that Yonghwa doesn’t need it.

“No.”

“I know. How would a bad guy seek for pity?”

“You got me there.”

“Let’s skip classes!” Shinhye shouted.

Yonghwa laughs. “Don’t fool me, you don’t have classes until afternoon. You just have one period at seven pm.”

“You want frappe?” Shinhye smiled. Today, there wasn’t even a Jieun or Minhyuk. It’s just her and Yonghwa. She wanted to know the whereabouts of this guy. The things Jieun knows, the games Minhyuk knows – all the things his friends knew about him. She wanted to know now.

“Of course, please treat me with the best frappe in the world.” He smiled. His Dad left him last night, but today even a little, Shinhye gave him the ray of light to start over and wait for his Dad. Shinhye barged on his life – on his trashy life but she didn’t try to clean it up. She didn’t try to make everything  Yonghwa the best guy. She didn’t try to correct his doings. But instead she traced the truths on the wrong ways and made them shine. It was Shinhye who see the only him.

 

***

 

“Here, read it.” Yonghwa gave a piece of paper to Shinhye. It was the letter his Dad left him. “I think that will answer your question.” He sipped the frappe Shinhye bought.

Shinhye silently read the paper. “Is this some kind of bull?” She raged. This is unbelievable, a Father left his son because he doesn’t want to share the loneliness? How can a Father left his son with nothing? Okay, he was the worst Dad and husband. “Aren’t you even angry?” She raised her voice for emphasis.

He smiled. “Maybe the whole world will have the same reaction as you. Everybody will blame Dad for everything.” Then he sipped a little again. “But not me, I don’t even have the slightest anger on him. He did the good thing, the best thing that the a true man will do.”

“I don’t understand you.” She wiggled her head. “So, it is okay to you even you are the only one suffering?” Shinhye sighed.

“Who said my Dad is now suffering at this time?” Yonghwa wanted Shinhye to understand everything. “The only thing he knew that was true is loving my Mom, but it turned out that the true thing of him was a lie for the line of destiny.” Yonghwa grabbed the paper. “Do you even know what I am talking about? If not, then don’t believe me.”

“I don’t care about the destiny of your parents or the other people. I care about you. I want to know your feelings, your own loneliness – not the sadness of the other people.” Shinhye honestly said. “I know you are hurting. I know you are crying in your heart. Don’t ever lie to me. I told you I know your feeling.”

“Who cares? Bad guy’s feeling doesn’t even matter.” He tried not to cry in front of Shinhye. This is the first time someone spilling a care on him. A sincere and lovingly tone from the girl he likes.

“Are you deaf? I told you I care for you.”

“Are you trying to have a fight here?” He laughs.

“Don’t laugh at me. And please stop being so normal when you are like trying to kill yourself.” She said with irritation.

“Thank you,” he holds her hand. He doesn’t remember if how many times they hand was locked but now, an intentional warmth of saying thank you is such good sign. “Thank you for caring, I thought you are the least person who’ll care for me but it turned out that you are the one who’s throwing some advices to me.” He wiped his left eye. “And I care about you too. I understand you more than anyone else, I am serious. As much as you know me, I know you too.”

“You know me?” She smiled.

He nodded.

“When’s my birthday?” She teased.

“Hey, you don’t know my birthday too.” He laughed.

“Don’t divert the topic. You don’t know me.”

“I’m serious.”

“I am serious too, Mojo.” He mustn’t understand what is on my mind. He must not.

“I have a question, do you really understand me?” Yonghwa asked.

She nodded.

“Then saying wouldn’t matter anymore because it has already reached you.” Yonghwa smiled. Saying I like you, I care for you, I love you wouldn’t matter anymore if she already felt it to begin with.

“Ah? That?” Shinhye knows this, and she feels it too. “Of course, it has already reached me.” Words like sweet candies has reached her already. “Don’t worry the messages were already received.” Shinhye grabbed the paper again. “Don’t worry, I am here. You don’t have to be lonely anymore. We’ll fight every day.” She winked. Yes, it has already reached my Yonghwa.