chapter xiv

Our Story (우리의 이야기)

“You are not even a kindergarten so I think you don’t have the right to get sick.” Shinhye chuckled while her left hand was on her waist. Right that moment, when Yonghwa opened the door for her she knew that he sick. His shoulders aren’t relaxed, eyes are drowsy and as if his body is going to burn into ashes for a minute. He carefully walked, pretending that he is okay but Shinhye knew that he was just lying. Shinhye knows Yonghwa’s not that strong, not likely the world knows about that. “What did you ate for breakfast?”

“Bread I think?” Yonghwa coughed. “I am not really sick. As you can see I am making a move.” He tried to smirk but he feels so sick that made his smirk a low one.

“Oh shut up.” Shinhye pulled her bag. “You need to eat all of this. The hell, Jung Yonghwa, you are not attending classes on a very important week!”

“Are you scolding me?”

“Kind of?”

“You are not helping me.”

“What happened to you again and you are sick?” Shinhye let him lie on the couch. “You are not the one who’s sick technically. Such a brat.”

“Then who? You?”

“You are not ready to hear my story.” Shinhye smiled. “You are too young for that, kindergarten boy.”

Yonghwa held her arm. “Can you tell me?”

“When you are not sick, I am going to tell all the things you want to hear.” Shinhye made a deal. “And maybe, any minute Jieun will pop out of the blue to heal you.” She sighed.

“I will not going to be okay unless you spill what is your story. You are so unfair. You know everything about me and I don’t get even a hell of you.” Yonghwa tried to be blunt.

“Hell of me?” She smirked. “I don’t get too, even for myself.”

“You know, you are the type of person that haven’t realize how weak you are – despite of what you are showing to the world.” Yonghwa honestly said while tapping her arm. “At least, in myself I know how horrible the feeling when someone walk out without even saying a thing.”

 

Shinhye looked at Yonghwa with a teary eye. “Bull, you are not the only one Jung Yonghwa. I know that freakin feeling very well.” She immediately caught the tears with her trembling hand. 

But it is too late for her hand, Yonghwa already wiped them with his hot hands and hugged her. “This is literally a warm hug.” He chuckled a bit. “Bear with it, Shinhye. Maybe this will make the two of us better.”

“I just said to Yuri that I do not cry anymore. You are such a trouble maker. You made me like this.”

“Tell me, what happened.” Yonghwa diverted the topic. “Who is the real Park Shinhye? What is she feeling?”

Then, calm silence was heard. She took a deep breath. This is the first time telling her story to anyone, well, Yuri knew about this but the person in front of her is definitely a challenge. She cannot admit that she like or even love him now. To be honest, Jieun is not the main reason – there is more factors behind it.

 

More complex. More delicate.

But know, as if all her doubts were washed away like waves – she is ready to tell her life to the person in front of her.

 

Yonghwa was just staring at the girl – the person he cherish, and the person he wants to take care. Although he felt so sick at this point, seeing Shinhye in front of him makes him realized that he needed to be a man. A man for this girl.

“First of all, would you believe that I was more girly and innocent like Yuri? I was once a girl that believes in fairytales and happy ever after.” Shinhye smiled. “Completely full of , right?”

Yonghwa never responded.

“Why I am like that before? Because my parents are the perfect example of fairytale – as if they are so destined with each other that they can’t take their eyes off to each other. That was back then. We are the best family until I was nine. As if I curse to a kingdom, I celebrated my tenth birthday with hell and ashes.”

“What happened?” Yonghwa broke his silence.

“My parents have different affairs.”

Yonghwa are full of questions on his mind.

“You want to ask why? I don’t have an answer for that. Until now, I don’t have a valid reason why people that destined with each other fail to have forever. I still don’t have an answer why people that used to say the sweetest nothings but in just a blink of an eye they are cursing with each other. I don’t know that kind of bull.” Shinhye unconsciously crying.

“Destined people?” Yonghwa asked. “Maybe, just maybe they neglected something very important than love and destiny. Maybe, that’s an answer.”

“Then what is it?”

“You know, love and destiny are nothing when it is not in the right time. Time is the key. Time to trust, love and care – maybe they are too blinded about the love shining on them – not caring that there is the time for their love to be perfect and ripe. Maybe they should have waited a little longer. That note – destiny enters.” Yonghwa tried to make her understand.

“Who knows the right time?” She smirked. “It is way late now – it has been years for my parents. Maybe they don’t even know each other birthdays anymore. They even neglected me as their child.”

 

Nobody knows the right time. And that’s what makes love very unique.” Yonghwa patted her hair. “So don’t be let yourself jail on the past, because even you sell your life you cannot turn back the time. It is your life, your story. Don’t let yourself be dictated by the past. You are a wonderful person, Blossom. I can feel that.”

Shinhye felt something very special in her heart. The person in front of her is making her realized something that really made her at ease. All this time, she is seeking for this person – the person that will say it is okay and move forward. “At this moment, I want to know one thing.”

 

Yonghwa smiled. “What is it?”

“I want to know when is the right time for us.” Shinhye shyly said. This moment, she wants to create her own story – the story that wasn’t dictated by her past. But the story that is going to create by her and Yonghwa.