Property

Angel Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waiting isn’t my thing, you know. And he just made me wait here for half an hour now. I’m going to screw him. Does he know how cold it is outside? And he’s just making me wait here! Damn it!

 

“Hey,” someone called.

 

I looked up but then glared when I finally saw who’s walking near me. I got down from where I was seated, and faced him.

 

“Bastard, you got me waiting,” I told her.

 

He smiled at me and suddenly kissed me on my cheek. I was caught off guard. I glared at him.

 

He just smiled. It’s always like this. He’s such a nice person but damn, I can’t like nor love him. It’s sure I can like him but only as a friend. And now, he just grabbed me for a hug.

 

“Hey!” I whined.

 

“Please don’t talk,” he said. I was stiffened. I hinted something in his voice, something that is unusual. “I’ve got something to say. I want you to listen.”

 

I nodded though he’s hugging me.

 

We stayed like that while he’s talking. “I just want to say thank you because you agreed for this night. And I want to apologize because I haven’t prepared anything. Jessica, we don’t have to lie to each other,” he tightened his embraced around me.

 

“You don’t have to pretend that you like me as your boyfriend. I know you don’t love me,” he said, half-heartedly.

 

“Jiyong…”

 

“Listen,” he started. “I just want you to know that we’re ending it up. But, Jessica, I love you so much. I’ve always known that it’s going to be a one-sided love but I risked. I tried. And I just realize it’s wrong. I should not hold you back,” he then pulled away.

 

And I was stunned to see him crying, “Jiyong…why are you crying?” I asked.

 

He shrugged. “Why are you like that?” he asked, smiling. “It’s because I love you, duh,” he mocked my way of annoying, that ‘duh’ thing.

 

I laughed with him, wiped his tears and sincerely asked, “We can always be friends, right?”

 

“Yeah, sure,” he nodded. “I will always be your annoyer!”

 

I smiled. “Thank you, Jiyong. And I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay. At least we tried,” he said. “So let me walk you home, then?”

 

I agreed to that. I thought it’s gonna be me who’ll break it, but turns out he realized it, too. Though I felt bad, I guess I’m okay being just friends with him. I mean, I don’t really want to lose Jiyong. He’s not bad at all. He’s been a true friend to me.

 

He walked me home and we tried to be the friends we have always been who laugh of small things and do the weirdest things. Jiyong is like a big brother to me and that’s why I don’t want to date him. And the thought of us dating just killed me. But now, at least we’re okay.

 

When I first Jiyong, it was a Friday afternoon in junior high, and all of the girls had partners except me. But being the nicest boy he was, he approached me and been my partner. He saved me from being embarrassed.

 

“So,” I started when we reached my house’s porch, I faced him. “Thank you, Jiyong. And I’m really glad we’re just friends now.”

 

He smiled. “Yeah, I guess it’s better this way you can always be nice to me.”

 

I laughed. “Crazy.”

 

“So, this is it. Good night, ex-girlfriend,” he said. “It’s a bad 3rd month anniversary gift to us, you think so?

 

Stunned, I asked, “It is?” he nodded. “Yeah, right, we’re not that cool.”

 

“Uh-huh,” he moved closer and hugged me again. “Good night. And see you at school. We’re eating together at lunch. Okay?”

 

“Okay. Sure, but…treat me,” I joked. But he nodded. Just then, he finally walked home. I sighed to the thought. It’s all right. Jiyong deserves someone better that me who couldn’t even love him.

 

We shouldn’t have tried in the first place. And I’m grateful of him being that understanding. If only he’s like th—no, no.

 

I finally went inside and met my parents. They asked about my date which Dad had disagreed with. But I told him that everything went well and that he shouldn’t be worrying of Jiyong. He’s a nice person.

 

Dad, rolling her eyes then glaring at me, said, “Just be okay.”

 

“I’m on it.”

 

Then I kissed them good night.

 

I walked up the stairs then to my room. Just when I got inside, I was startled to see him, leaning on the win

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter