Nearing Christmas Eve

Angel Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nothing is better than spending Christmas with your family. And it's the most memorable time of my life. But it's not just my family now because my parents and Jae's parents decided that we should celebrate this eve all together, since Jae's finally here spending Christmas Eve with us.

 

I smiled to the thought of him. I remembered his silly faces yesterday when he tried to make me smile. Note it, he stopped by our house before going back to theirs just to say hi and well, also, tell my mother his favorites.

 

He must have known it in advance.

 

My mother nudged me, and I startled. "What are you smiling at? Are you happy that you're cutting onions?"

 

I gaped, then looked down to the onion I was cutting. Yeah, right. "Mom, do you think he'll like my cooking?"

 

Suddenly, mom laughed. I bit my lower lip again. 

 

My mother pulled me to her and smiled dearly at me, "My darling likes me the wonderful Jaejoong. Yes, he will like it."

 

I let out a sigh of relief and said, "I'm just...you know, mom. He's a good cook, he's Jaejoong. And I don't think you should consider it liking him. I mean..."

 

"Jessica, I honestly thought that it's Donghae who you would like," she said, looking serious.

 

My eyebrows arched and unknown feeling came flooding the inner me. I mentally cussed when I remembered what he did to me. And sadly, my mom don't know that.

 

I looked away, avoiding the meaningful stare my mom is giving me. "What makes you say that, mom?"

 

I continued cutting the onions. 

 

"I still remember when we just got here. When you saw that young Donghae for the first time, I thought I saw it in your eyes. "

 

I looked up at her. "What do you mean?"

 

She just warmly smiled at me as she continued cutting the meat into pieces.

 

"You might not get it," she started. "You didn't want to go back here as far as I can remember, but when you saw him, you smiled and told me, 'Mom, I think I finally have a reason to live and stay here'."

 

I knew that. I can remember that day, the first time I saw him. God! It's been years! I wish we could go back to that very day. I wish I have not agreed in living here and befriending him because now I know that it was ruthlessly useless.

 

My eyes widened when I felt my eyes wet, tears threatening to escape. I looked down to the poor onions and uttered, "Mom, the onion's making me cry."

 

---

 

"Princess, the Lee family is here," I heard my Dad call out.

 

I hurriedly fixed myself in the mirror and combed my hair using my fingers. I tied my hair into a pony tail with ends curled. My fringes are already long so I just put some behind my ear.

 

Looking at my reflection for the last time, I headed downstairs but made sure to straightened my red accented with black dress before heading down. Since the heater is on, I can still endure the cold. 

 

I was met to the sight of the Lee family. As my eyes landed on Jaejoong , I immediately smiled and went near them.

 

"Jessica's so girly, see?" Dad pointed out. 

 

I shyly smiled at Mr. and Mrs. Lee. Auntie held me by arm and said, "She's becoming more beautiful. "

 

But uncle's remarks surprised me. "Hope you choose someone between my sons," he laughed.

 

Dad and mom also laughed, as if it was a joke. But it was a deal to me so I nervously smiled. 

 

We finally made our way to the living room which, just earlier, I cleaned with all my might, while my mom and auntie prepare the table. I was about to go and help them when Uncle's question suddenly stopped me.

 

"Jessica, seriously, do you have someone you like between these two kiddos of mine?"

 

Dad eyed me as if telling me to answer since I was silent for a moment, loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter