6

That Crumbling Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few days were spent nursing on Hwayoung. Her body was too weak and she kept on sneezing and coughing—she can barely stand up on her own when she has to go to the bathroom. How can she be so stupid, waiting under the rain for me? She should have known better. Is there a teacher who teaches common sense? If there is, please do contact me. “Good morning!” Baekhyun greeted Junmyeon and the maids with a smile. He then waved at me, greeting me a ‘good morning’ before going straight to Hwayoung’s quarters.

I frowned.

Can you believe that guy? He just simply greeted me with his stupid smile and a wave of his hand and he goes off to Hwayoung’s quarters as if this mansion is his own? Wow, I never felt insulted in my whole life until Byun Baekhyun came. “Why the hell is Baekhyun here? Didn’t I tell him that no matter what, I won’t go back to the other side of the world?”

“Yes and he had delivered the message very well to the elders.” Junmyeon said.

“Then why is he still here?”

“Well I don’t think he’s here for you. He’s just visiting Lady Hwayoung.” Well, I can see that very well Kim Junmyeon. Don’t sass on me. I rolled my eyes on him and continued reading the book on my hand. Just then, Byun Baekhyun appeared again with a smile on his face and Hwayoung by his side. I raised an eyebrow. “We’re going outside!” He announced.

I didn’t know that outside meant to be the city.

 

 

“Baekhyun, I told you I am not feeling very well.” Hwayoung muttered as they get in to the carriage. Baekhyun just held out his hand and helped her get in while smiling. “Oh come on, Hwayoung. You won’t get better if you just confine yourself in that huge mansion.” Somehow, Baekhyun was right. She felt stuffy inside the mansion—even if all they want is for her to be better. Maybe a little heat from the sun will make her better.

The ride to the city didn’t feel as long as it should have been because of Baekhyun. He was telling her some funny jokes and some memories of his from the past ninety-seven years that he has been living. He told her how life in the demon world was almost as similar as it is here on earth—just that, they have powers and all. “Demons have power? You do? What can you do, Baekhyun?” He chuckled seeing her excitement over little things.

“Well, I don’t really know if my powers have any significance.” He rubbed the side of his neck looking away at her. “I can control the light. It’s not really that powerful and it’s pretty useless for me compared to other demons.” He said and for a moment, Hwayoung saw the sadness in his tone. Even though she wanted to ask Minseok’s powers, she put it aside because Baekhyun needs comfort. She held his hand softly and smiled at him. “Hey, you have beautiful powers. Just imagine what the world would be like if there’s no light?”

With a smile, it was announced that they were already in the city.

 

 

The city was crowded by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter