5

That Crumbling Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

18:24

Minseok only got thirty-six more minutes until the meteor shower starts and if he uses the carriage, he won’t be able to catch it with Hwayoung. For five minutes, he argued with Junmyeon—insisting that he would still use the carriage no matter what because he is too tired to use his wings for the matter. “But Master Minseok, if you don’t go now, you won’t be able to catch the meteor shower with Lady Hwayoung!” Minseok frowned, noticing how Junmyeon can argue back. But then, Junmyeon has a point. If he were to use the carriage, it’ll take him at least an hour to get out of the city and maybe thirty more minutes in the woods before he arrives at his mansion.

Minseok does not expect anything from the meteor shower—whether Hwayoung’s wish will come true or not. He already knew the answer, anyway. But the thought of Hwayoung wanting to spend the night with him just to watch the meteor shower sounds kind of…inviting—for he has never saw it once.

He huffed in annoyance before fluttering his wings open. “I’ll see you when you get back.”

 

 

 

The good thing about having the mansion in the middle of the woods is that you have a really big open field as your garden. You can just bring a blanket and lay on it as you look up to the sky, admiring the different shapes of clouds by the day and the bright stars by night. However, Hwayoung knew that Minseok will never sit on such blankets because he is ‘too great’ like what he always say so Hwayoung (with the help of Baekhyun) prepared the table in the middle of the garden. Decorating it with the colorful paper flowers they made for the sake of Minseok.

“It’s beautiful.” She muttered and Baekhyun smiled with satisfaction. He ruffled the younger girl’s hair before placing the brownies the cook prepared for them. “So, we’re done! What do you want to do now?” She smiled at Baekhyun and he was sure he felt something twinge in his heart. Oh, how he wishes that the smile was because of him. “I’ll wait for Minseok to come!”

Then where do I go now? He was quite disappointed that Hwayoung didn’t even invite him to watch the meteor shower with him. Tch, what did he expect? All Hwayoung can see was Minseok. But then, he can’t really blame the girl because ever since she was an infant, it was Minseok who stood by her. Baekhyun is probably just a passerby.

But then, something unexpected happened.

Do you know what ruins everything when you are outdoors? The rain.

It started with small droplets and the maids were already telling them that they should probably head back inside the mansion but Hwayoung was stubborn, telling them that it won’t rain that hard—but that’s where she went wrong. Soon, the small droplets of water from the sky turned to heavy rain.

Hwayoung still waited under the rain.

“Damn it, Hwayoung! Come inside or you’ll get sick!” Baekhyun shouted. Hwayoung didn’t move but he can see how the pain and sadness reflect in her eyes. “There won’t be any meteor shower anymore, Hwayoung! Come inside, now.”

But she was stubborn and didn’t come inside the mansion.

Hwayoung felt numb on her seat. She only wanted to sit there with Minseok across her, smiling at her. She only wanted to wait for the meteor shower, watched them as they fall down from the sky and wish on them with Minseok by her side but nothing from what she wanted will ever happen that night. She would have to wait for another year for it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter