11

That Crumbling Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Remember, you have to protect Hwayoung. We only need Minseok to attend and be seen at the ball. Do not harm the little girl, got it?”

“What’s taking her so long?” Sehun grumbled. The ball was about to start in an hour and to get to the King’s castle will take them thirty minutes. He’s going to be late if the little human girl stays too long in that room. Taking a breath, he knocked on her door. “Hwayoung-ssi, are you done yet?” He’s trying to be as civil as he can be because if he doesn’t do that, his brother will surely do something Sehun will regret. Slowly, the door opened and he was presented with a beautiful little human being in front of him. She’s beautiful, he’ll give her credit for that but she looks so dumb the first time he saw her (which was like around an hour ago). Also, considering that she went to the Demon world with his brother means she’s not thinking right or she really doesn’t know how Luhan’s mind works.

Luhan can be a friend sometimes but he’s a dangerous man, that’s what Sehun has observed. He can get what he wants easily. He can manipulate others’ minds. He can completely look like an innocent demon prince but what lies beneath his pretty face is a smart cunning demon. He’s full of plans to please the King for his rank to be raised and let him marry his only daughter—but no, he’s not in love with the princess. He’s in love with his world and he’ll do everything to protect it but to do so, means to have power and it requires him to marry the princess but the King and his daughter has made their minds. They wanted Minseok to marry the only princess because even if he’s not the most powerful of all the demons, he has the greatest brains (not to mention he knows how to control his powers very well) and they believe that through Minseok’s logical thinking, their world will be protected.

That’s when Sehun remembers that this little girl (who he thinks is a little too tall for a fourteen-year old girl) is somehow related to Minseok. According to the rumors around their world, Minseok has taken in a human baby fourteen years ago but other than that information, there’s not much information like how did he get it, the gender of the baby, why he took care of it. Now, Sehun wonders why did Minseok really took care of the baby from fourteen years ago when he can, in fact, just abandon it or take the life out of the human baby.

“Sehun-ssi, are you…okay?” Sehun snapped out of his thoughts and looked at her from head to toe. Damn, if she was a demon, he must have screwed her the moment his brother left. He took something out of his pocket and showed her a necklace with a ring as its pendant. “Turn around.” He said and hesitantly she followed his command. Without a word, he wore the necklace on her. “Face me.” Hwayoung was shocked when the cold pendant touched her skin. Facing Sehun, she was more shocked when his hand touched her skin to feel the pendant. Sehun murmured some words she didn’t understand and for a moment the pendant glowed.

If there was one thing Sehun was proud of, it was his magic. He wasn’t gifted with any power unlike other demons but no one knows that except for his family. No one has to know and Sehun, himself, doesn’t know why he has no powers like Luhan or any other demons do but it is okay because he has his magic which he learned from a very young age. He knows witchcraft very well. “That’ll cover your human scent.”

 

 

 

To say that I am mad is an understatement. I am very outraged with what’s happening. Somehow, I knew something wrong was coming but dismisses it. I didn’t know that Hwayoung will be involved so I just let it be and it was Luhan for ’s sake. I thought—really thought—that I can trust Luhan because he’s kind of like my best friend (well close to that). I, sometimes, forget that Luhan’s a little dangerous and once he had set his mind off to doing something, he’ll really do it in any way.

This time, it involves me going back to the Demon world and he used Hwayoung as bait. He knew that I have a little soft spot for Hwayoung and used her. If anyone knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter