10

That Crumbling Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, I admit: there are times that I’m a gloomy person and my aura makes the house the same as my emotion but one thing is for sure. Hwayoung was never a gloomy person. She will cry or pout over something trivial but that’s it. It won’t last long but today, it’s different. From morning until now (it’s a half past noon, by the way), she has been nothing but gloomy—even gloomier than me. And with Baekhyun absent, the house seems so depressing. Whoa, I didn’t know that I’d look for Baekhyun’s presence one day but whatever, it’s not like I’m wishing him to be here. I don’t want him here to look after Hwayoung. I can do that very well, thank you very much.

“Lady Hwayoung, are you feeling sick?” Junmyeon asked but it seems like Hwayoung didn’t hear him because she was just playing with her food. I cleared my throat, “Hwayoung, stop playing with your food.” Abruptly, she stopped and straightens her back. What is wrong with this human kid? “Hwayoung, tell me. Is there something wrong?” I sternly asked, wanting to squeeze out what’s in her tiny little brain.

“It’s nothing.” She said in a dismissive manner and now, I’m more curious of what she’s thinking. These are times when Luhan’s power is needed, tch. “Spill it, Hwayoung, or else, I’m going to get mad at you.” Her eyes widened—she seems like in panic. “No, no, it’s just that tonight’s the ball and Luhan said that you’ll be there and I—“ she looked at me, bowed her head and sighed. “I can’t be there because Hwayoungie isn’t invited.” Oh, so that’s her issue. It wasn’t a big deal and I told her too many times that I am not going! How many times do I have to repeat it to her? Ugh, she’s annoying the hell out of me (when did she not?)!

“If you’re really bothered by that, then don’t be.” I wiped my mouth with a napkin. “I already told you that I’m not going.” I said before leaving my chair.

From afar, I hear her say, “Is Minseok mad at me?”

Damn that kid, she always thinks I’m mad at her!

 

 

 

“Psst, Hwayoung!” Hwayoung looked at the direction the voice was coming from but didn’t see anyone. “Hwayoung, up here!” It sounds very much like Luhan. She walked towards the tree and looked up, as what the voice directed and there, she saw Luhan. It was the first time she saw a pair of black wings—even Minseok doesn’t let her see his wings for some unknown reasons but Luhan, his black fea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter