1

That Crumbling Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ugh, another bright morning afternoon. Fourteen years after I picked up that human baby, I’m here drinking on such an afternoon in the garden. So irritating. “Junmyeon, tell me why the hell am I here drinking a tea on such afternoon?!” I should be sleeping on that comfortable bed of mine, not here!

“Well, Lady Hwayoung would have tantrums.” Ugh, yeah right. Hwayoung, again. Hwayoung asked Junmyeon to wake me up. This stupid butler of mine is obeying this human more than me. “Don’t spoil her too much, Junmyeon!” I heard some incoherent things from Junmyeon but dismissed whatever it is.

“Minseok! Look, there are a lot of flowers!” Hwayoung said, again with that stupid smile, as she showed me the flowers she picked from the garden. I smiled at her, however this guy beside me suddenly screamed. “L-Lady Hwayoung! Did you cut all of those?” He sighed as I see Hwayoung’s apologetic face. Ha, serves you right Junmyeon! The roses you diligently grew are now picked by Hwayoung.

Hwayoung approached me and gave the roses to me. “Here, Minseok! Flowers~” I frowned as she placed a rose in my hand. It withered right away. “Don’t you understand, Hwayoung?” The petals are black and slowly, they’re turning to dusts. “If they touch us, demons, flowers will just wither.”

She looked at me and pointing her finger at me. “I know. You’re a demon because you haven’t age since I was little, old man.” What?! Who is she calling old man? And— “If you know it’ll just wither, why bother to give me?!”

“It’s okay if it withers. Hwayoung just want to give Minseok a flower!” Tch, I rolled my eyes and sipped on my tea. “Hey Minseok, you got petal stuck on your hair.” She said, leaning in to remove it but I dodge her before she could even take the petal. She looked at me with some weird expressions of hers. “What?”

“Why did you avoid me when I touched you?”

“I didn’t.”

“Really?”

“It’s just your imagination.”

I stood up from my seat and removed my jacket as the wind blows. It’s getting cold even if it was so bright out, maybe because summer’s almost done and leaves will soon fall from the trees. “I’m going inside. Too bright here.” I said as I give her my jacket and walk towards the mansion.

 

 

The next morning, I felt someone on top of me. I didn’t need to open my eyes to know who was on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter