9

That Crumbling Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was early in the morning and it was the very first time that I, Kim Minseok, woke up even before noon. All because of one human girl I came to live with for already fourteen years. I heard shuffling of footsteps outside—at the hallway—her cheerful voice was becoming louder as the door to my room opened. I looked at her shocked face and rolled my eyes. What? Can’t believe that I can wake up by myself? Tch, I can do anything. I, most of the time, just chose not to. “Good morning, Minseok!”

From afar, I can hear another set of shuffling outside and then a knock. “Master, are you awake yet? Miss Jinae is already here to dress Lady Hwayoung.” I can see Hwayoung’s confused face. She tugged on my coat and quietly, we both left my room.

Upon arriving at the living room, I saw Jinae with her butler. She was straightening a bunch of her old unused hanboks on the couch. She looked up and smiled at the both of us. “Good morning, Master Minseok and Lady Hwayoung.” She bowed as graceful as she can be. I looked at Hwayoung who was behind me, as if hiding from the older lady. Hwayoung was just quiet and for some reason, it was weird because somehow, Hwayoung can never shut up unless you ask her to. “Hwayoung, greet Jinae. You’re being disrespectful.” Hesitantly, she lets go of my coat and looked at Jinae, then at me.

“What are you doing here?” Wrong move, Hwayoung. Wrong move. That’s being disrespectful, I scold her through my mind, though I know that she will never hear my thoughts because I’m not a mind-reader like Luhan is. Being the older lady, Jinae didn’t say anything about Hwayoung’s rudeness. Instead, she smiled at her, lifted up a beautiful hanbok and showed it to Hwayoung. The top of the hanbok was of the color yellow which resembles her cheerfulness and its skirt is red. “My Lady, I was assigned to find the right hanbok for you to wear at school and I think that you will look beautiful in this.”

“What?” She blurted out. Now, she’s really being rude and that’s weird because I never taught her to be rude. “Hwayoung, you’re being too much. You’re being rude to Jinae.”

“No. I don’t want to go to school.” She said and turned her back on us, running away from the living room. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter