Final Confession

After the Rain...Be Happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'At this point, I knew that nothing is under my control anymore. No amount of effort can change fate. I made mistakes but I also tried my best. Love? To be honest, I can give up on everything when I love someone, but I need someone who could just give me his heart - complete, honest and undivided, to receive my love. This, is my confession. (Hey, I never said my love is easy to gain. If you want it, prove me that you're worth it.)'

 

A knock was heard.

"Come in."

Gyuri walked into the room, with her confident steps as usual. In truth, she wasn't as confident as the World sees her, but over the years, she had learn to adapt her onscreen persona in real life, even if that's not what she really felt.

"Gyuri, I just want to let you know, there will be a few changes in your schedule because of the scandal. Your radio show with Eunhyuk has been cancelled."

Gyuri nodded thoughtfully. "So, what will happen to the show?"

"The show goes on, they just change the format to rotating DJs, because the show has just changed title from SuKiRa to Sukakira, the production team couldn't make the changes too obvious....so, for now, Seungyeon will take over your place as the DJ."

She nodded again, trying to maintain the expressionless facade despite her sunken heart at having her favourite job taken away from her, again. "With Eunhyuk?" Gyuri mentally cursed herself. The question just slipped off . It wasn't intended.

"No, I heard Eunhyuk also pulled out of the show. If I'm not mistaken, he's giving away the spot to another Super Junior member."

"I see."

"Another thing, Kara's comeback will be delayed to late next year maybe. Other members will continue to guest in variety shows for now...." The man hesitated, and seeing his body language, Gyuri could easily guess the impending bad news. She remained quiet, trying to prepare for the worst.

"For now you will be given a break. But before the break, Kara will have an activity with the fans, we've planned a vacation. That one, you'll participate."

"Am I......is this....a sort of......punishment?"

The man let out a heavy sigh. "Gyuri, this is just for temporary. We need to give the fans space to cool down, especially Eunhyuk's fans."

"Is that also the reason for delay in our comeback?"

There was no answer.

"If that's the case.......why not have other members have a comeback without me? I don't want to see people forgetting Kara just because of my scandal. The other members don't deserve this. It was so hard for us to get to this point, we can't let this happen to Kara."

"I'll think about it."

"There is...another thing." Gyuri immediately averted her gaze from the elder man, worried he would caught the suspicious words that were about to came from her. "About the vacation, there..will be media representatives right?"

"Of course."

"Let's make it exclusive to just one company and not having representative from each Press."

The man raised an eyebrow at Gyuri's unusual interest in promotional matters. "I'll do what's best for Kara as usual." She could hear him stressing on the last few words. She knew he was annoyed at her interference, but Gyuri had no choice.

"Jungshin Press. They'd be perfect for the coverage."

"Gyuri....I said."

"Please. I promise you won't regret it." She begged, with her eyes starting to get red and watery, as if she was pleading for her dear life. She shoved a namecard to him.

"Alright. I'll look into this....Gyuri, are you sick or something? Don't take things too hard, the fans will eventually cool down. It takes time, so just take it easy okay."

She nodded.

"But...why this company? I never heard of it. We have to be careful of scams, Kara's reputation is no joke."

"T..trust me. This is a good company. I know the Director.....they're...reliable." She was desperate, she did all she could to convince her Promotion Director, although she knew she could've done so much better. Feeling embarrassed at her poor acting, Gyuri bowed and exited the room. She inhaled before dialing the numbers on her phone.

"Hello, Minjung ssi, I've done whatever I could to persuade my Director, but I can't control his decision. I hope you'll keep your words."

"Gyuri ssi, if you keep your words, of course I'll keep mine. But I'll have to wait for your Boss to confirm you're not pulling my leg."

Gyuri turned off her phone, frustrated. She remembered their earlier conversation over the phone where Minjung explained the reason none of the pictures or rumours on the date have been exposed yet on the net or any other mediums. She herself couldn't believe one woman is able to shut off mouths of the entire netizen, but every time she searched for her own name with Siwan on search engines, no suspicious results came out. Not even any fans who ship them together. In other words, they're a pair that is totally irrelevant and scandal free. Until when, she could not be sure of.

Suddenly her phone buzzed. A message came in.

"Park Goddess Hwaiting."


She smiled bitterly at the unexpected message at the time she would do with some encouragement.

"What's with the random message?"

"Yah, can't I encourage my girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?" She erased the message without pressing send, not sure of the exact response she should give. Maybe she shouldn't reply at all, after her cold treatment towards him the other night.

Her phone buzzed again.

"Well, at least I'm still your boyfriend, officially. But we're still friends, aren't we?"

"Yes, of course we're still friends." She replied immediately.

"Friends can go out together right^^?"

She giggled at his dorkily sneaky attempts but the harmless innocent flirting, this was just like the Eunhyuk she knew back then before they started dating.

"I suppose."

"Ok! You said it!"


"Yah, Jiyoungie, you lucky monster!"

Gyuri looked up from her cellphone and saw Nicole and Jiyoung entered the rest area at the office.

"Unnie!" Nicole shrieked excitedly when she saw her. Gyuri exchanged glance with both of them. Jiyoung still looked tensed when their eyes met, but the younger tried to smile to her leader.

"What's up? You girls look excited."

"Unnie, our Jiyoungie, she was casted in One Day Date. Did you know many of the celebrities casted together in the show actually got together after the show? It's soo romantic."

"Nicole Unnie. I'm not interested, you can take my place if you want to."

"Jiyoungie didn't sound too excited about it." Gyuri studied Jiyoung's face. She hadn't look happy at all since she entered. 'Is it because of me?'
<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter