Chapter IX

MinSul

Sulli's POV

Everything went by with a blur. I heard them shout and called for me to move out. I didn't understand why so I stood there in my place but when I turned to my left, there it was. A truck nearing my direction. A truck giving me a ticket to my death. I couldn't move.

My legs felt numb. My energy, slowly fading away. I felt blood running down. Before I could register the events happening, I drifted into slumber.

 

Author's POV

f(x) ran to Sulli to get her out but it was already too late for she was hit by the truck. The driver didn't bother to come out and continued to drive away. Hit and run, that's what is happening.

"Sulli! Sulli!" Amber tried shaking her.

"Yah, Sulli. Hey, wake up." Luna shouted.

"Unnie, unnie!" Krystal was in the verge of crying.

"What should we do? What should we do?" panic was clear in Victoria's voice. She took out her phone

Before Victoria could dial a number, five boys came running.

"Oppa!" Krystal acknowledge their presence.

"Krystal, what happened here?" Onew asked.

Krystal can't take it anymore. She broke down to tears. "P-please.. J-Just call th-the a-ambulance.." she said in between tears as Taemin rubbed her back.

"I'm on it." Jongyun quickly offered. "They said they'd be here in a minute."

Minho stood there. Shocked.

 "It's my fault.. It's my fault.. It's my fault.. It's my fault.." he kept on mumbling those things until he cried.

Victoria and Onew ran to Minho and gave him comfort. Not long after, the medics came and asked them if anyone (at least two) can come. f(x) and the rest of SHINee pointed Minho.

"Guys, I'm not sure if I could do this alone. I need someone, anyone to accompany me." he told them.

"Then I'll go." Krystal stepped forward leaving Taemin's embrace. Everyone looked at her.

"I have to be there. I-I h-have to be th-there." she said in between sobs.

"You don't have to do this you know." Taemin whispered.

"N-no. Unnie came for me when I needed her. I-I have to be there, oppa. Thanks f-for the c-concern." Krystal managed to smile then went ahead with Minho inside the ambulance.

"We'll be there in 5." Onew said to the medic.

"Okay and please contact the victim's family." the medic furthermore instructed. They nodded in return.

"I have to call Sooyoung. Onew, prepare the car." Victoria said as she fished out her phone.

"Hello, Vic?" Sooyoung was on the other line.

"Sooyoung, um, about Sulli...." Victoria started slowly.

"What about her? Did their date went haywire?" Sooyoung asked. Slight panic was evident in her tone of speaking.

"She w-was hit b-by a t-truck." Victoria can't hold her tears anymore.

"I-I'll be there in the hospital." Sooyoung was now in a state of panic, anxiety and numbness.

Onew showed up with his car and let the others hopped in. They, soon, were zooming in the street towards the hospital.

-in the ambulance-

Krystal kept crying as the medics provided Sulli enough air enough to supply her along the trip to the hospital.

Within less than 3 minutes, they arrived at the hospital. The paramedics came in the building with doctors and nurses running to Sulli to get to her to an operation room.

"Please, Sulli, wake up. You have to wake up." Minho prayed as a nurse went to them (Minho and Krystal) and stopped them from going more farther.

"She'll be okay. We'll do our best." the nurse gave them an apologetic smile.

"We hope so too." Minho said.

"We hope so too." Krystal just repeated what he said.

Within a minute, Sooyoung and Siwon arrived. After another minute, Victoria, Amber, Luna, Onew, Jonghyun, Key, and Taemin came.

"How is she?" Sooyoung asked.

"Sh-she's in the o-operating r-room." Krystal said as she wiped her tears but suddenly, cried hard that Taemin had to come over her and comforted her.

Sooyoung sat down with Siwon rubbing her back and instructed her to breath in, breathe out.

"Minho..." she said as she wiped those tears of hers. Minho didn't let her continue as he dashed out to the rooftop.

"I'll get him, Soo." Siwon said as he prepared to catch up to Minho but was prevented by Sooyoung.

"No, let him be. He's as devastated as I am." she said giving him a weak smile. She then turned to Sulli's friends only to find out that they were crying. Victoria cried while Jonghyun comforted her. Amber had to take off her tough facade and broke down with Key comforting her. Luna was with Onew and cried and cried. But Krystal had the worst state. She cried and tried stand up to comfort her other members but failed. Good thing, Taemin was there to catch her and she started crying her heart out.

Sooyoung with Siwon beside her, she also cried her heart out.

After what seemed like years of waiting, the doctor finally came out with a nurse trailing him.

"Sulli, how is she?" Sooyoung managed to stand up and said those as tried not to shed tears.