Chapter XV

MinSul

Sooyoung's POV

After hanging up, I quickly went out of the building to find the café when my phone beeped, telling me I have message.

From: ~Unknown Number~

ToSooyoung

StarlightCaféBe thereI'll be little latehave some business to do first.

It took me three minutes to be at the café and here I was, sitting on a cozy chair when a woman in her early 30's approached me.

"Good morning, miss. Welcome to Starlight Café. May I take your order?" she said as she smiled.

"Good morning too. I'll have Choco Latte and strawberry cheesecake. That would be all." I gave her a smile. [A/NI'm not sure if 'ChocoLatte' existsBut because have this special relationship with chocolatesI'll have to go with this.^_^ Please bear with me..]

"Okay, miss. Can you wait for 10-15 minutes? Because the last strawberry cheesecake was already taken and we're currently baking the second batch." she said. I only nodded, telling her it was fine. [A/NI'm not even sure if strawberry cheesecake can be bakein 15 minutes.. have a strange mind so please understand.. ^_~]

+++

The café's door opened revealing a young man in his early 20's walking to my table. As he sat down, the woman came back with my order and turned to the man situated in front of me.

"The usual please." he smiled. As soon as the woman walked away, he looked at me.

"So, what is it you want to tell, or perhaps ask, me?" he smirked as he crossed his arms across his chest.

"Are you a regular here?" I asked him without looking up at him.

He giggled, "Yes... and Thank you."

I was confused as to why he thanked me but when I lift my head to look at him, his order was already placed. I gave a smile to the lady, thanking her.

"Tell me, why are you here?" I raised an eyebrow as he took a sip from his caramel milk tea.

"Because you called me to meet me." he shrugged and ate his chocolate cake sprinkled with small mallows.

"That's not what I meant." my voice was lower than my usual tone indicating that I'm being serious.

"To take a break from the world." he simply said.

"Really?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yeah.. You know how life can drive you insane so yeah.. You can consider I'm on a vacation." he bobbed his head and shrugged.

"I'm serious." I shot him an irritating look.

"Well, hello Serious. I'm Luhan." he rolled his eyes.

"Luhan. Tell me why are you here? Is it because of her?" I raised my voice earning stares from unwanted people.

"Yes... No... Maybe... I dunno..." he continued sipping his caramel milk tea.

"Come on.. Luhan, tell me." I can't help but use a 'lil bit of aegyo here.

"You're using that technique? Noona, I've been with you for a long time so, guess what, I'm immune with your aegyo." he tried not to roll his eyes and laughed.

"...But you're not when it comes to her. You have to give in when Sulli uses aegyo on you." I smirk. 'Gotcha!' , I mentally celebrated my victory seeing him freeze.

"Fine. You caught me." he sighed. "I came here because of her but I also  had to work here you know. I have to take a break from being a businessman and be a doctor for a while."

Soon after, silence enveloped us as we finished our cake.

"Thank you." I told him which him shocked.

"For what?" he was confused.

"For saving my sister."

"You also have to thank the other doctors, Kris, Tao, and Lay." he said focusing on his chocolate cake.

"I know." I sighed looking outside.

"What's with the sigh, Soo? You don't want to thank them?" Luhan asked raising an eyebrow.

"No, no." I shook my head and gave him a weak smile. "I'm just thinking. That's all."

"And what are you thinking?"

"About Sulli. Who else?"

"Your dear Siwon-oppa."

"Nah.. He's always beside me especially this time so I can't possibly miss him when he's gone not less than 24 hours." I told him. After some minutes, silence came back but it was not the awkward one. We have our own individual thoughts to take care of.

"Luhan, do you think Sulli could still fight for her life?" I blurted the question that my family dreaded to answer nor hear.

He looked at me but my focus was on the outside. He said, "I honestly don't know." as he looked outside as well.

"Sometimes, Luhan, I think of giving up." I said and he looked at me.

"Sooyoung-ah, you know, a month just went by. Why don't you wait for another?" he told me.

"And what? And listen to the other doctors that she's doing great. She's improving when, in fact, she's not?" I raised my voice slightly trying to fight the tears starting to spill.

"I know. I understand that."

"No, Luhan. It's Sulli we're talking about. You don't understand. Not a thing."

"You're wrong...... I love her." those three words at the last part were in a whisper but I clearly heard it despite the noise the ongoing construction made.

"You.... what?" I asked just to clarify what I heard.

"I love her, Soo. Is something wrong about loving someone who clearly doesn't love you like the way you love them?" anger was evident as he spoke.

"No, there's nothing wrong. But why didn't you tell us or at least my parents? Mom or Dad could have arrange a marriage for you and this things wouldn't have happened."

"I already did." he simply said.

"And what did they say?"

+++

Luhan's POV

"And what did they say?" Sooyoung asked me.

"They agreed to it. They even prepared a date for it. My parents were there also." I answered.

"So, what happened? Why didn't I hear any wedding or engagement party preparations?" she asked me, again.

"I love her."

"What's wrong with that?" she raised an eyebrow.

"I love her but I didn't say she loves me. That's the flaw." I pointed out.

"Oh." was the only thing she said as she threw me an apologetic look. I shook my head telling her I don't need pity.

"I truly want her to be my wife but, because I love her, I don't want her to be tied to someone she doesn't even love, even if that 'someone' was me." I told her.

"You did the right thing, Lu." she smiled, "Love does its silly tricks. You get blinded by it that you don't even notice that the person you love is suffering. But what you did back then, showed that you willingly gave up your happiness for Sulli's happiness."

Suddenly my phone rang telling me that I need to go back to work.

"Let me guess. Work?" I nodded and gave her an apologetic smile.

"If you want to have a talk with me, ask Minho. He knows where my office is or just ask Kris, Tao or Lay or even Jessica or Yuri." she smiled and I went out.

+++

"Love does its silly tricksYou get blinded by it that you don'even notice that the person you love is suffering." those lines kept on repeating on my head as I walked my way back to the building.

I guess I have to let go of you now. Don't you think, Sulli?