Chapter XIX

MinSul

Author's POV

- It was the second-to-the-last month -

Sooyoung went in Sulli's room only to find her mother sitting beside her sister's bed, head down.

"Mom, wake up." she shook her mother's body gently but the older didn't give a response.

"Mom? Wake up. It's morning." she said and luckily, her mother's eyes slowly opened.

"Sooyoung-ah... What are you doing here?" Mrs. Choi asked her daughter.

"Mom, if I can't get you home, would you please lay down on the couch over there instead?" she sighed. Concern was the tone of her voice.

"I've tried it for the past three months but I end up here always." her mother smiled sadly.

Sooyoung gave a heavy sigh and spoke, "If you can't, can I at least be here beside my sis?"

"Of course you can. After what you've done to Sulli, I'll always be grateful to you, my dear daughter." the elder said as Sooyoung sat beside her and started her daughter's hair lovingly.

Hearing those last two words from her mother, Sooyoung felt at ease.

"Mom, you don't need to. It's my job as her sister." she spoke as she watched Sulli peacefully. A comforting silence came.

"I heard you were planning to get married with Siwon." Mrs. Choi said out of the blue.

"From where did you get that?" Sooyoung shot her a questioning look. The older had to chuckle.

"From your father. He said he talked to Siwon's younger brother, Minho, regarding on Sulli months ago. And since you're also involved in Minho's brother's life, he can't help but also ask." her mother explained, "So is it true?"

Sooyoung had to give up. Even if she knows her mother in a very little way, she knows her mother's not giving up until she squeezes out information. After all, she's the first female business woman to top an international list of negotiators all around the world. She uses her negotiating skills anytime and anywhere if given the situation.

"Yes." she said and a smile appeared on her mother's face, " .. but we're putting it on hold because I don't want to stress on the wedding when Sulli is on a state like this."

"I'm sorry." was all her mother could utter.

"Don't be, Mom. We decided and we agreed on it." Sooyoung shook her head.

"It must be tough on you." Mrs. Choi said.

"But it's tougher on your part. I would also feel the same way if my daughter was there." Sooyoung stated and silence came back.

After minutes of not talking, Mrs. Choi decided to break the ice.

"Sooyoung, let's end this."

Sooyoung was shocked to hear the words coming out from her mother.

"You're joking, right?" she trembled, hoping her mother was kidding, but sadly, her mother shook her head.

"Sooyoung, it's for the better." Mrs. Choi pulled her daughter in a warm embrace.

"Is it because of our postponed wedding?" she ask as tears began to pour.

"No, Sooyoung. Krystal, Sulli's best friend, knocked some sense in my mind. Don't get her wrong, darling. She knew Sulli would only be hurt if we keep her here." her mother said as she continued Sooyoung's back.

"Mom..." she tried to say something but nothing came out.

"I've already decided. Your father also decided to let her go. All we need is your decision."

"What about her friends? What about Minho? You know she loves him and he loves her. They're each other's first love, Mom. What about me?" she tried to stop her tears but to no avail.

"We've talked to them already. Minho took it in a hard way but Siwon and your father comforted him." Mrs. Choi informed.

"Mom, I don't want to let go. I know Sulli is still alive. Please, Mom." Sooyoung pleaded.

"She knows we're already hurting, Soo. As her mother, I know Sulli wouldn't want that. We'll be hurt more if we keep her here. Everything happens for reason, dear. Maybe, she decided to leave us because maybe, just maybe, she felt that she's being a burden to you."

"No, mom. She's wrong!" she wailed and turned to Sulli, "Sulli-ah, you were never a burden to Eonnie. Please put that in mind."

"Sooyoung, please, you're hurting us already. You're hurting yourself." Mrs. Choi can't help it but shed tears. Suddenly, the door creaked open revealing Mr. Choi.

"Dad, please tell mom that what she's saying is absurd." Sooyoung turned to her dad.

"I'm sorry but I can't. All of us came into an agreement about this." Mr. Choi said and pulled Sooyoung to hug.

"Mom, Dad, you're making me lose my best friend, my sister!" she cried as she tightened her hug to her dad. Mrs. Choi joined and hugged Sooyoung for comfort.

"Sooyoung, sweetheart, no one want this. Not even Sulli but..." " ... everything happens for a reason." Sooyoung continued her father's statement.

"Sooyoung, please. We're already ready to let your sister be free. Now it's your turn, honey." her mom added.

"I know this day would come." Sooyoung said as she wiped her tears, "When will it happen?"

"Soo, we want you decide. We've made the first step. Now it's your turn to choose the last." Mr. Choi patted her back.

"Can it be done this afternoon?" she asked as she looked at Sulli's sleeping figure.

"It's your choice." her mom chimed in.

"This afternoon. I want it to be just the three of us and Krystal and Minho." she said. Although, it's hard for her to make the said decision, she knows she needs to let go.

But the question is....

Is she ready to let go?

+++

Mr. Choi already informed the hospital about the case. All Luhan needs is confirmation from Sooyoung so he called her.

"What do you want, Luhan?" Sooyoung's voice was on the other line.

"Come to my office, right now." he instructed and hung up.

+++

Sooyoung did as what she was told by Luhan. She also asked her mom to inform Minho and Krystal about what will happen this afternoon. The hospital gave them time to spend with Sulli and it will be done by five in the afternoon.

Her thoughts were stopped when she arrived at Luhan's office. She knocked twice on the door and Luhan was there to open it.

"Is it true? You're going to turn off those machines that supported her breathing?" he asked her as soon as they settled on the couch. Sooyoung silently nodded.

"And are you sure with what you're going to do?"

"I'm pretty sure of it Luhan. I know this day would come." Sooyoung said sadly.

"They arrived earlier than expected." he told his noona.

"I'll do it two hours ahead. Araseo?" Sooyoung only nodded.

"I have to go now. Mom is expecting me to be at her side." she smiled sadly and left his quarters.

+++

The moment has come. The Choi family decided to end their sorrow. Krystal was there, with Minho, crying. Minho had to stay strong for his girlfriend, Sulli. He and Krystal knows that Sulli hates crying especially when they're crying because of her. But now, it can't be helped.

They were all huddled close, waiting for those machines to be silent.

Without warning, the doctors turned the machines off and went out to give privacy and time to the group to be with their beloved Sulli for one last time.

They made a promise to each other and to Sulli that this time will be the last time they'd cry for her. This will be the last time. This will be their last chance to say something to Sulli how much they love her, and care for her.

They know one has to leave early because that one did their part on this world already while there are people who should be left for some unfulfilled reasons.

Everyone has to let go.