Chapter X

MinSul

"Sulli, how is she?" Sooyoung managed to stand up and said those as she tried not to shed tears.

"Before I could tell what happened, I'm Kris. I'm one of the doctors who operated her. This is Jessica. She's one of the nurses who helped us." Kris, the doctor, introduced himself as well as the nurse behind him as he reaches his hand towards Sooyoung and Siwon.

Sooyoung reached his hand and gave him a weak smile. Same as Siwon.

"So doc, how is Sulli?" Victoria asked. Kris turned to the group and motioned them to gather.

He gave them an apologetic smile.

'Oh no, this is bad.' Victoria thought.

Amber stiffened her shoulders.

'Oh my God.. Please tell us Sulli's alright.. Just please..' Luna closed her eyes and bowed her head down.

Krystal, as brave as she might looked, started to wipe tears coming from her eyes.

"Well, Doc Kris?" Onew asked. He can't take any more tension. Kris gave a deep sigh.

"Due to the impact of the vehicle, her head was damaged the most that is why she acquired amnesia. During the journey to the hospital, she almost died because her heart's nearly not pumping to the point where she almost can't breathe anymore. Good thing the medics supplied her oxygen to stable her during the ride. For now, her heart's beating is normal but there are chances that her heart rate might be lower.  She also broke some of her bones but we managed to place the dislocated yet unharmed bones to the right locations and replace some of her broken bones. And..." Kris explained leaving the last word hanging.

Sooyoung and Krystal can't believe what they're hearing. They soon broke down to tears.

"And what?" they chorused. [A/N: not the impatient tone.. It's more of a concerned tone..]

"I'm sorry to say this but she's currently in a comatose state. Right now, they're preparing her. They'll be transporting Sulli to the Intensive Care Unit to monitor her condition as well as her heart. I-I have to go now. I'm sorry." with that Doctor Kris excused himself.

After hearing that news, Sooyoung collapsed.

"Let's bring her to a room. Mister, if it would be okay, please carry her so that she can rest." Jessica instructed Siwon and guided him to an empty room. The others were left. Victoria, Amber and Luna cried and cried in the arms of the boys comforting them while Krystal....

"My sister, my bestfriend, my Sulli.." she cried. Taemin had to hug her, comfort her and even kissed her in the forhead.

"Krystal-ah, that's fine.. I can understand you.. Just cry on me.." Taemin said. He can't help but cry as well.

After some time, the three girls gathered around Krystal. They cried and grieved for Sulli.

'I can't believe it!' Krystal thought.

'I can't believe that Sulli have to endure those things. If only... If only... If only I could turn back to the time before that accident. I should've stayed close to her.. I should've said to her how much I care and love her. Now, even though I'd say it to her, she still can't hear me.. You know why? Because she's in a coma! I want her to know.. Wait, no, I NEED her to know.. Krystal, you idiot!' she blamed herself from what happened.

 

[A/N: Here's what happened why Krystal is closest to Sulli among the members in f(x)]

start of flashback~ (In Krystal's POV)

"Come on, Sulli, you're 'it'!" a boy called to a beautiful girl.

"Yah, what did I do?" the girl shouted.

"This..." the boy rushed towards her and hugged her which made her blush. I hid behind a tree and chuckled and felt giddy all of a sudden.

I turned back to watch them play but they're already gone. "They must've started to play already." I let out a deep sigh. When I lean my back on my tree, I was surprised that I fell down.

"Oh no! I shouldn't have done that." a girl said as knelt down and we came to an eye level. Due to the closeness, I was surprised to realize that I, myself, was blushing.

"I-I'm sorry.." I stuttered. I couldn't imagine myself talking to the beautiful girl. I was in front a goddess.

"What are you sorry for? I should apologize."  she said.

"No need. I'm fine. I'm just clumsy." I assure her.

"I'm so so sorry to have scared you. I shouldn't have done that. I'm really really sorry." sincerity was clear in her voice. I could feel warmth.

Back in America, I was bullied during my early elementary saying that I don't belong to the American society. That's why, I moved back to Korea. Even though I'm on the other side of the world, I could still feel the fear of being bullied.

"What's your name?" she asked me. Was it me or her eyes were seriously twinkling?

"H-huh?" I blinked. I could've misheard her. No one would ever want to befriend me. No one would even bother who I, Krystal Jung, was. No one would even care for me, except for my parents. No one would.

She giggled.

"What's your name? I'm Choi Jin-Ri. Call me Sulli. And you?" she reached out her hand.

"I-I'm Chrystal Soo Jung. 'Krystal' would be better." I said shaking her hand.

"Well, Krystal, let's be friends!" she stood up and held out her hand for me. I smiled and reached for her hand. 'Wow! Her hand is soft!'

"Wanna play with us?" she asked me.

"Sure." I answered. I could feel her sincerity.

-----------------

Years passed and our families were friends. I learned that she has an older sister named Sooyoung. She's also nice as well. Sulli inherited her mother's traits while Sooyoung-unnie inherited their father's. Their parents also owned one of the leading corporations in the world, Choi Corporations. No wonder as we grew up, her popularity increased while I was always her 'forgotten sidekick'.. She would always tell me that we're the same.. If she's beautiful, I am also... If she's smart, I am also.. During elementary, I don't care what the whole school says about our friendship until middle school.

"Hey, Jung!" I turned around to the girls who were calling me. I was walking with my head down and I was all alone because Sulli have some business meeting to attend to. I know she's young for that but at a tender age of 12, she became the youngest stockholder in the world. She's a genius if you ask me.

"Wh-What is it?" I tried my best to smile because these girls were ready to attack me.

"Oh.. You know what we want.." one of them rolled their eyes.

"Uhmmm.." that was all I could say.

"Stay away from Empress Sulli. You're inferior to her activities." another one said. All I could do was roll my eyes. Yes, they call her 'Empress Sulli', "Princess Sulli', 'Queen Sulli', 'Your Highness' and stuff..

"You heard us.. Stay away from her.." they said as they showed off their manicured 'claws'..

"Stay away from who?" that voice. I could hear them gasp and stutter. I just smirked at them.

"Uhm.. Princess Sulli, we told her to stay away from.." the girl, who seemed to be the leader, nudged to her followers.

".. my boyfriend. Yeah, my boyfriend.. He.. He.." the girl from her left nervously laughed.

"Really? Because, I thought I heard you telling her to stay away from me. Is it true, Krystal?" she turned to me and see her ever mesmerizing smirk. I nodded. Before Sulli could say anything, the girls ran away.

That is how Sulli and I became the best and the closest friends of all time.

~end of flashback~