Sacrifice

Into My Life
Please log in to read the full chapter
 

When was the last time since I've felt this great?

I don't even remember. But after lifting the burden off my shoulders my condition seemed to be at it's finest. I looked at the green scenery ahead of me and smiled, which didn't last very long because someone called my name, interrupting my peaceful moment.

"Jimin! Get back to work!" Namjoon yelled from afar.

"I am so don't burn those sausages," I replied back while pouring the bag of ice inside the bucket to keep the drinks cool. I looked over at the shelter which we had kept all our food and bags. Jungkook was up on a chair trying to hang the piece of cardboard on the edge of the roof.

"A little to the left," Sunhee instructed.

In accordance to her instructions Jungkook moved the cardboard towards the left side. "Here?" he then asked the girl. 

Sunhee frowned, "No, move it to the right just a tad." She waved her hands to the right and Jungkook did as she told.

"Better?"

"Hmm, maybe to the lef—"

"Noona!"

"Yah, Ahn Sunhee. Stop annoying our maknae Jungkookie," I defended.

"Okay okay," she held her thumbs up and went to stablise the chair so the younger boy could jump down. After the completion of all the preparation and food we sat under the shed with the cardboard that read, friendship. 

"Is everyone here?" Seokjin hyung asked.

"I think so," I poured the last soft drink in Sunhee's cup and we were ready to make a toast.

"No. We're waiting for Taehyung."

"You invited him here?" Just as Sunhee asked Namjoon, the said guy came along with Hyojin by his side.

"Hey."

He spoke so casually with the girl smiling next to him. I still didn't understand what kind of relationship he had with that girl but whatever it was I didn't want Sunhee hurt. My feelings for her didn't completely die down, if that was possible in such a short time, I wouldn't call myself human. I couldn't bear watching Sunhee ride through the same emotional roller coaster I have been riding, watching the person you love beside someone else.

Hoseok looked between Sunhee and Taehyung then clasped his hands, "Come on. No hard feelings. Here, here sit next to me Taehyung." He pulled the guy over next to him and finally the party began.

 

 

"Do we need more food?" I asked. I looked around at the many emply plates and the rest of the boys still hungrily devouring their food. 

"I don't think that's even a question you need to ask," Sunhee watched in amazement.

"Then I'll go buy something more to eat down the road," I suggested and stood up to leave.

"Do you want me to go with you?"

I looked at her plate. She still hadn't finished half her food. While I was talking to her I felt Taehyung watching us. Idiot. Anyone could see he was still in love with Sunhee but he was just afraid. "I'll go with Taehyung since it seems like he's done eating." At my statement, Sunhee turned her head towards him and his eyes which showed slight affection turned back to an unreadable poker face. I didn't understand why he was trying so hard to cover up. Was it because of me? Did I have to spell out to him that I gave up on her? The Kim Taehyung I knew was a pretty oblivious guy after all. 

 

I was walking far ahead of Taehyung. Just as we passed the public toliet I heard a familiar voice speak. I think she was talking to someone over the phone. My ears weren't picking much of what Hyojin was saying, but something about her irritated me.

 

"Sunhee. That girl's being an eyesore."

'I understand.'

 

"Why are standing still?"

Taehyung caught up to where I was but it seem like he didn't notice Hyojin's voice.

"Nothing," I continued walking at the same pace as him and we awkwardly went into the mart to buy more snacks for the pigs out in the shelter. 

 

œœœœœœœœœœ

 

If you love her, let her go. If she comes back to you, she's yours forever. If she doesn't, then she was never meant to be. 

I read this somewhere in a book long ago. It was one of my favouri

Please log in to read the full chapter