Genuine

Into My Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I lied.

I don't know what made me lie to Taehyung. I could've told him that I was with Park Jimin at the time but I didn't. Was I guilty? Guilty because I hesitated even for that short moment after Jimin had confessed to me? Right now I was supposed to give all my attention to one person and that person was Kim Taehyung. Not anyone else. I hated myself for being hestiant. How was I supposed to face Taehyung without feeling remorse towards Jimin? But wasn't Jimin close friends with Taehyung as much as he was with me? This wasn't right. I was his best friend's girlfriend.

I rolled in my bed in frustration as all kinds of questions ran through my head.

Questions that had no answers. 

At least not now. 

 

 

œœœœœœœœœ

 

"Your phone's been ringing the past ten minutes. It's annoying, just pick it up already."

"It's not important," I said while soulessly drinking the strawberry milk with a straw looking out the window into nothing in particular. 

"But he's not going to stop. I'll pick it up for you then," Bona picked up my phone to answer my call but I quickly snatched it off her, giving her a glare.

She sighed, "Tell me what happened? Why aren't you picking up Taehyung's calls? For the past three days? At least explain to me so I can help you."

We were in the cafeteria at school. More specifically, I was dragged into the place by Bona who demanded an explanation of why I was avoiding Taehyung the past few days. I deeply sighed, "It's nothing."

"It can't be nothing!" she shouted. "Look," she grabbed my phone again and scrolled through my misscalls. "Five from Taehyung, three from Namjoon. Oh my god, Taehyung called you nine times yesterday."

"Yeah."

"What are they? Loan sharks? At least call them back and tell them to stop calling you."

"I don't even know if I'm worthy to say such things to them."

Bona frowned and firmed her lips into a line. I could see she was annoyed but I still didn't want to tell her. I couldn't. Chanyoung came over to our table and sat next to her. "What are you talking about?" he looked at Bona who was still frowning. "Who made my Bona upset?"

"Chanyoung-ah. Sunhee's being so complicated."

"Why? Something happened?" h

Please log in to read the full chapter