So Long Wonderland, Hello Real World

Block B in Wonderland

Sora stood next to the body of Jabberwocky and stared at it in astonishment. “I can’t believe you sleighed the Jabberwocky”

B-bomb cleaned the blood off his sword “No problem, It was easy” he joked.

Zico and Kyung ran in “Are you all okay?” Zico stopped and looked at the dead dragon. “Never mind”

Sora looked at the door in the corner. I guess it’s time to go

Zico put one arm on her shoulder “Make sure to tell your sister that I said hi.”

Sora laughed “Alright” She gave him one last hug. “Goodbye Zico”

Kyung started crying “I don’t want to say goodbye twice!”

Sora hugged him “it’s okay Kyung”

“Make sure you continue to play croquet at home. I don’t want to see that talent go to waste” Ukwon poked her side.

“Ukwon can you do me a favor?” Sora asked.

“Of course, anything you need.”

Sora leaned in and whispered in his ear.

Ukwon furrowed his eyebrows “That thing?” he pointed at the Bandersnatch.

She punched his arm “I think you’ll get along well.”

B-bomb stepped forward “I guess it’s my turn now”

Sora felt a wave of tears come up but she choked them down. “Don’t forget me”

B-bomb pulled her into a hug “How could I forget you” He nudged towards the door. “Go”

When she approached the door she noticed it was a bit smaller than she expected. “How am I going to fit through here?”

“Oh I got it!” Then Ukwon pulled out the small bottle of Pishsalverlol he won at the croquet game. He handed it to Sora.

“Are you sure? You won this fair and square?”

“Technically you won it, I’ve just been holding on to it for you”

Sora took a deep breath and then drank the Pishsalverlol. He body began to instantly shrink and she became the prefect size for the door.

She opened the door and spun around to say her last goodbyes. “Goodbye everyone! Take care of each other okay!” Then she exited through the door.

-

When Sora opened her eyes all she saw at first was grass. She sat up and noticed she was back by the tree at the park. I’m home!

Then she remembered her sister. “Janet! Janet! Where are you?!”

“I’m right here. Why are you being so loud?” Janet was sitting right behind her reading a book.

Sora hugged her sister so tight she couldn’t breathe “I missed you so much!”

Janet removed herself from her sister’s grasp. “What are you talking about?”

“Wasn’t I gone for a long time?”

“You fell asleep if that’s what you mean. Only for about two hours though”

Was wonderland just another dream?

“Now that you’re up, let’s go home. Mom is probably getting worried” Janet picked up the books and they walked to the entrance of the park. As they walked Sora noticed a few kids playing croquet and she approached them.

“Hey kids, wanna see how a real pro does it?” The kids just starred at her while she took one of the mallets. She hit a ball but it didn’t make one wicket. “That’s odd”

All the kids including Janet started laughing. “C’mon Sora. Let’s just go”

-

The next morning Sora woke up bright and early so she could make breakfast for her family. “Breakfast is ready!” she called.

Janet came out of her room with sleepy eyes. “What did you make?”

Sora plopped it into her sister’s bowl “Fundish”

Janet looked at her like she was crazy. “What is funish?”

Sora corrected her “It’s fun-dish not fun-ish. Just try it”

Reluctantly Janet scooped some into . She tried to chew but spit it out into the trash. “Yuck! That was disgusting!”

Sora shook her head “You don’t like it?” She took a bite herself and immediately spit it out “Maybe I didn’t make it right”

Janet massaged her temples “You’re so weird. Just get ready for school or you’ll be late”

-

Sora got dressed in her school uniform and left the house for school. As she walked she absorbed her surroundings. This word is so much more different than Wonderland.

Because of her dazing she hadn’t noticed what time it was. When she looked at her watch she started picking up the pace.      Oh no! I’m late!

Then a short boy in the same school uniform exited his house and began running beside her.

“We both had bad mornings huh?” Sora asked.

The boy pushed up his glasses and checked his watch. “Talking will just make us later!” Then he ran faster ahead of Sora.

-

Sora ran into her first period and sat down with only seconds to spare.  Class was boring as usual and Sora was surprised to find she was looking forward to gym.

Today in gym was team sports day. You were allowed to participate in any sport as long as you were being productive. Sora looked around the field for a sport to partake on.

“Hey you!”

Sora turned around to see the boy who was shouting at her. He looked strangely familiar but she just couldn’t remember who he was.

“Do you want to play soccer or are you going to play jump rope with all the other girls?”

Sora took this as a challenge. “I’ll play”

-

After gym Sora walked to lunch by herself. The soccer boy from before stopped to talk to her in the hallway “My name is Ukwon by the way. Hey you’re really good at soccer you know that”

Ukwon? Sora nodded “So I’ve been told. I’m Sora”

He motioned for her to follow him to his table “You can eat lunch with me, my friends are really cool”

-

Sora sat down hesitantly. “Hello” she said to the table.

The table responded with hello's.

Ukwon motioned to the first kid who was playing with his food. “This is Park Kyung, he’s terrible at cooking, and you can almost always catch him picking his nose”

“Hey!” he cried.

Sora laughed “Nice to meet you Kyung”

Ukwon pointed to the next kid “And this is Zico”

Zico stood up and bowed. “It’s a pleasure”

Sora smiled “The pleasure is mine”

-

After school Sora promised Ukwon that she would meet him in the library. She walked through the book shelves. Then through one she could see a tall man flipping through a book. He looked up and noticed Sora looking at him.

“Are you spying on me?” He asked.

Sora shook her head “What are you reading?”

He walked around the bookshelf to where she was standing and handed it to her. “It’s a master piece by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson”

Sora looked down at the book. This is the book Jaehyo was looking for

“I hope you like it”

Sora nodded and the man walked off.

“There you are!” Ukwon called. “C’mon let’s go”

-

“We should walk home together every day, our houses are so close” Ukwon offered.

Sora gave a warm smile “Sounds good to me”

They soon arrived at Ukwon’s house. Sora’s eyes went straight to a cat sitting on the porch.

“Do you want to pet him?”

Sora nodded “He’s cute”

Ukwon picked up the cat and brought it to her.

Sora read the collar “Bandersnatch?”

Ukwon nodded “It’s supposed to be like a Scottish monster or something. It’s kind of a weird name huh?”

Sora shook her head “I like it”

-

When Sora came home her sister had company over.

“Sora come here please” Janet called. “I want you to meet someone “

When Sora entered the room she saw Janet sitting on the couch with a tall man.

The man walked over to Sora and held out his hand “Hello Sora, my name is Pyo”

She shook his hand. “Hello”

Janet wrapped her arms around his waist. “Sora, Pyo is my boyfriend”

Sora grinned “That’s great!”

-

The next day Sora was late to class again. She dashed to school but this time bumped into someone right outside of the building.

His books flew everywhere. Feeling bad Sora bent down and helped him pick them up. “Oops I’m sorry!”

He responded “It’s okay really”

She looked up and locked eyes with him. B-bomb? She shook off the thought and picked up a sword off the ground. “What’s the sword for?”

He finished picking up his things and received his sword from Sora. “Fencing”

Her face lit up “That’s so cool!”

“Weren’t you late for something?” he reminded her.

“Oh yeah! Thanks!”

-

Sora sat down in her chair as quietly as she could so she wouldn’t disturb the class.

The teacher turned around and eyed her furiously. “Sora, I recommend you start waking up earlier”

The class laughed and Sora apologized.

“Now” The teacher started “Before we start I’d like to introduce our new student”

The boy walked in and bowed in front of the class.

“Would you like to introduce yourself?” the teacher asked.

“Hello, my name is Lee Minhyuk”

He made eye contact with Sora and she looked away.

-

All throughout class Sora could feel his eyes on her from the back of the room. When the bell rang and they were dismissed Sora quickly packed up her things. In her hurry she dropped a book on the ground.

Minhyuk stopped her “Excuse me, you dropped this” He handed her the book; it was the one from the library.

“Thank you”

Minhyuk scratched his head “Hey if you’re not doing anything later, I could use a tour of the school. I am new and all”

 “Sure” She blushed.

After he left she looked down at the book in her hands and read the title aloud "Alice in Wonderland"

Maybe Wonderland was all just a dream? Doesn't really matter though does it.