A New Friend

Block B in Wonderland

The Tweedles led the group into the main room of the cabin.

“Here we are” Tweedledee said.

The cabin was tidy and organized which was completely unexpected from such argumentative twins.  

“You can sleep anywhere you find space” Tweedledum plopped down on the couch.

Sora examined the room for a place to sleep. I knew a bed was too much to wish for.

“I remember you having another room” Zico stated.

Tweedledee responded “That we do”

Tweedledum finished his sentence “We do alright, right down there” He pointed to door in the corner of the room. “It be small but two can fit”

Ukwon stepped forward “So who wants to room with me?”

Zico grabbed the back of his shirt “And why do you get the room?”

“Someone has to take it” Ukwon contested.

“Should we vote on who should have it?” B-bomb suggested.

“Rock-paper-scissors!” Kyung exclaimed.

“Yes Kung, I like that idea” Zico nodded “Let us play for it”

“Rock, paper, scissors!” they all chanted.

The game ended up with Sora and B-bomb winning.

“Darn! I call a rematch!” Ukwon complained.

Zico grabbed the seat by the windowsill. “No rematch, they won fair and square. Now let’s all get some sleep while we can.”

Kyung moved himself to the armchair “Goodnight”

Ukwon groaned “Good night” he sat himself on the carpet and laid down.

The tweedles called in unison from the couch “Goodnight”

-

Sora and B-bomb entered the small room. It was tight and filled with toys belonging to the twins. The one bed filled the entire room.

B-bomb took off his shoes and then slipped himself into the bed under the blankets.

Sora just stood in by the doorway.

“Aren’t you coming?” B-bomb asked.

She slipped off her shoes and climbed into the bed.

They faced opposite sides of the room. “Hey Sora” B-bomb’s voice rang in the darkness.

“Yes”

“You’re leaving tomorrow” he stated the obvious.

“I know”

Silence approached the room and stayed for a few moments before B-bomb broke it. “You don’t have to go you know”

“But I do” Sora could feel B-bomb turn to face her.

“I wish you would stay”

Sora changed the subject. “What do you think is in the cave?”

“I don’t know maybe treasure” he joked.

Sora turned her body to face B-bomb. It was dark but they could feel each other’s presence. “B-bomb, tell me about Alice”

B-bomb flinched “What about her?”

“I was just wondering what kind of person she was”

B-bomb paused a moment before continuing “She was a lot like you, brave, great at croquet, and from another world.”

Sora’s eyes grew droopy. “Did she paint the roses red?”

“How did you know that?”

Sora didn’t respond.

“Sora? How did you know?”

But it was no use, she was asleep.

-

In the morning the group quickly gathered their things and said their goodbyes to the tweedles.

“Good bye now” Tweedledum waved.

Tweedledee nudged him “Hey I was going to say that!”

“Well ya didn’t did ya” Tweedledum hit back.

Zico interrupted before they could start a fight “So long boys! Take care”

 -

They walked until they came upon the base of the mountain. “Only up from here” Zico pulled out a retractable cane from his inside jacket and used it to walk up the steep mountain side.

“My back is open for when you get tired” B-bomb offered Sora

“No thanks, I can do it”

“You sure?”

Ukwon spit on the ground “Get a room”

Sora was about to retort when they heard a familiar roar in the distance.

They all turned towards the noise “The Bandersnatch! We must keep moving” Zico increased his pace.

Kyung followed close behind him “it sounds close”

They sped up their pace but the beast was enclosing on them.

Ukwon looked worried “How does it know where we are?”

“Just keep moving” Zico yelled.

-

Moments later the Bandersnatch appeared at the base of the mountain. It had cleared the forest and was now making its way up.

Terrified the group began to run, no longer was fast walking an option. As they ran Sora tripped on a rock and fell.

B-bomb stopped “Sora!”

Sora tried to get up but her dress was stuck in between rocks. “Keep going I’ll be right behind you”

B-bomb ran to her side “Let’s run together” He tried to pull on her dress with no luck. The Bandersnatch was close and fear was taking over.

B-bomb pulled out his sword and cut Sora’s dress. He grabbed her hand “Time to go”

When they got up to start they realized they were out of time. The Bandersnatch was charging towards them.

B-bomb held his sword sturdy and pulled Sora behind him.  

Then the Bandersnatch halted right in front of them. What is it doing?

B-bomb held his ground and before he could move Sora grabbed his arm “B-bomb wait”

B-bomb rose an eyebrow “Wait for what? So he can attack first?”

He doesn’t seem like he’s going to attack. He seems more upset than angry.

Sora moved closer to the beast.

“Sora what are you doing?!”

“Trust me” When she got closer she noticed the cut on the Bandersnatch’s paw. He’s cut! Probably from Ukwon’s rock

When she took another step the Bandersnatch started growling. “Sora get back here!” B-bomb commanded.

“He’s hurt” She replied.

“What?”

“He just needs help.” She held her hands up “It’s okay” She cooed. Sora tore off some of the hanging fabric off her dress. “I just want to help”

The beast stopped growling and let her approach him. Sora wrapped the cloth around his wound and stepped back.

The Bandersnatch sniffed the bandage judgingly. Then it jumped up and down and smiled. It Sora and she laughed.

B-bomb’s mouth dropped. “Well I’ll be”