Into the Forest

Block B in Wonderland

The Queen commanded everyone to meet in front of the palace.

“Why do you think the Queen is making us all gather here?”  B-bomb asked.

“She must ready to send Sora home” Zico replied.

“Sora’s leaving!” Kyung cried.

“I’m afraid so Kyung” Zico rubbed his back.

Ukwon suddenly appeared from the shadows. “Here she comes”

Sora came out of the house dressed still in her nightgown.

“Sora” Zico handed her a small box “This is for you”

“A present? What for?” Sora opened the box and removed the yellow lace sun dress.

“Just thought you’d want a change in clothes”

“Thank you”

The Queen arrived and everyone moved there attention to her. She held out her arms “Sora, you've been an excellent guest and how I wish you could stay, but I must keep my end of our deal.”

The Queen turned and motioned for P.O to come forward, he was holding a scroll.

“This, is how you will get home”

Sora obtained the scroll and opened it, it was a map of Wonderland. “What’s this? I thought you were going to send me home”

“I am, this map will lead you here” She pointed to a cave in the mountains. “This is how you will get home.”

Sora was still confused. “A cave?”

“Yes, once you get there you will know what to do” The Queen unclasped her necklace and pulled it off. At the end of the necklace was a key. She handed it over to Sora. “This will help you”

Sora accepted the necklace.

“You may take anyone with you on this journey but know that the final task must be done alone” The Queen stood back. “Good Luck Sora”

Sora looked down at her hands now filled with a map, a key, and a dress. “Thank you.” She looked over to her friends. “Would anyone like to go with me?”

Zico raised his hand “I would, a fair lady should not go through the woods on her own.”

“Me too! I wanna go too!” Kyung offered.

Ukwon laughed “Of course I’ll go as well”

They all looked at B-bomb. “Alright alright, I’ll go. But only because I have nothing better to do.”

Sora smiled. “Thank you I really appreciate it”

P.O bowed “Good luck Sora, We’ll hopefully meet again someday”

“Goodbye, and say goodbye to Jaehyo too for me!”

-

They walked for a while until Sora’s feet began to hurt. “Do you think we could take a rest?”

Zico shook his head “We have to get through the forest before nightfall”

Sora took a deep breath and adjusted her sandals “Maybe just for five minutes”

B-bomb stopped in front of her and bent down “Hop on” He nudged her to hop on his back. “I haven’t got all day”

Sora reluctantly got on. “If I’m too heavy you can let me off”

He laughed “You’re as light as a feather”

They walked through the forest and into a clearing. Zico stopped and examined the area. “We should stop here”

“I thought you said we had to get through the forest before nightfall?” Sora asked.

“Well, it looks like nightfall is closer than I imagined. This is nice clear area we should stop here” Zico sat down and took off his hat and shoes.

B-bomb let Sora off his back “I’ll collect firewood, Sora would you like to help me?”

Sora agreed and followed him into the forest.

-

Sora picked up the biggest sticks she could find and carried them in her arms. B-bomb walked over to her and pulled out some of her sticks and threw them on the floor. “Hey!”

 “Those won’t do, they’d just make smoke” He held a branch in her face “Pick up this kind”

Sora stuck her tongue at him when he turned around.  She continued to pick up sticks only selecting the right kind.

When they were done and ready to go back B-bomb called out to her. “My hands are full how about yours?” He turned around and started laughing.

Sora was struggling to carry her firewood. B-bomb shook his head and took some of her sticks away from her. “I can do it” she argued.

B-bomb just ignored her and walked back to the camp site. Sora, now agitated, blew the hair out of her face and trailed after him.

-

When they made it back to camp they threw their sticks in a pile and started a fire. Kyung put his fry pan over the flame to heat it and then broke a purplish tinted egg in it.

“What kind of egg is that?” Sora asked.

“Dodo” Zico replied.

They all sat around the fire and ate their Dodo eggs. “Sora, what’s your home like?” Zico asked.

Sora shrugged “It’s nothing interesting” she sat back and leaned on a log. “Not like Wonderland at all”

B-bomb fed the fire. “What’s it like?”

Sora was surprised at B-bomb’s curiosity. “Well, we don’t have giant mushrooms for one thing. We have pavement roads and traffic lights.”

“No mushrooms?” Kyung asked “Then how do you make Triple slip?”

Sora laughed “We don’t. We don’t have Triple slip where I’m from”

“No Triple slip? You must go insane” Ukwon argued.

“It’s really quite sad” Sora agreed.

“Well it’s about time for bed” Zico moved to a secluded corner “Good night everyone”

“Good night” Ukwon climbed into a tree and rested on a high branch.

Kyung took the spot by the log which left B-bomb and Sora sleeping side by side.

-

Sora stared up at the stars. Looks like I can never just fall asleep in Wonderland.

“Psst…Sora are you awake?”

Sora looked over to where B-bomb was sleeping to see that he was no longer there.

“Sora, Over here!” He whispered.

“B-bomb?” She saw him hiding in a bush with a finger over his mouth.

“Shhh, Come this way quietly”

Sora snuck over to him. “What is it?”

“I couldn’t sleep, so I took a walk and I found something”

 “What did you find?”

“This way”

She followed him through the trees to a river. Her eyes widened at the sight “A river?”

“This is the river on the map, it flows from the mountain.” B-bomb pointed out.

Sora applauded “This is great! We can just follow this river and get there in no time!”

B-bomb’s smiled faded “Why are you so eager to get home.”

Sora sat down on the river bank “I’m just worried about my family; I just left out of nowhere. They must be worried”

B-bomb, feeling spontaneous, took off his shoes and socks.

“What are you doing?”

“What does it look like I’m doing, I’m going for a swim” He took off his shirt and jumped into the lake.

“You’re crazy!”

“Am I?” He dunked himself under and came back up. “You have to come in the water feels amazing”

“I’ll pass” Sora backed away from the splash zone. “I don’t have a change of clothes anyway”

B-bomb laughed “I don’t either”

“Then why did you do it?”

B-bomb got out of the water and sat next to Sora. “I don’t know, I’m usually so cool and collected. It’s just whenever I’m around you I feel so strange like I don’t know what to do.”

Sora scooted away from him trying to keep herself dry. “Put your shirt back on before you catch a cold”

He smiled “alright alright. But you have to promise me you’ll swim with me one day”

Sora shrugged “Okay why not. I promise.”