The Jabberwocky

Block B in Wonderland

The cave was humid and dark and the further she walked the more anxious she became. What if this cave actually doesn’t lead anywhere and this is all a big joke.

Then she saw a light. Candles were spread out all over the walls. This is strange

“We meet again, Alice”

Sora looked for the source of the voice and found Jaehyo sitting on a boulder reading a book. “Jaehyo? What are you doing here?”

Jaehyo grinned “You’re always filled with so many questions Alice”

“Stop calling me that. I’m not Alice”

“But you are”

“What are you talking about?”

“You’re Alice. You’ve always been. I hope you’ll forgive me for not telling you before”

He’s lost it.

Jaehyo looked down at his book and flipped the page “You don’t believe me do you. You’ve been here before don’t you remember?”

Sora shook her head.

“You were only a kid how could you.” He turned another page. “You had such strange ideas”

Then Sora’s eyes widened “Wait”

Jaehyo looked up from his book “Yes”

“I do remember” She shook her head “I thought it was a dream! I was here, I had tea with the hatter, I changed sizes, and I even painted roses red.”

“Yes strange Ideas”

Then her head hung low “And I left B-bomb”

Jaehyo closed his book. “Now that you finally remember we can get you home.” He slid off the bolder and grabbed Sora’s shoulders.

He faced her in the direction of an adjacent tunnel. “All you have to do is go down that tunnel and get through the door hidden just behind the sleeping Jabberwocky”

“I got it, wait, what’s a Jabberwocky?” She turned around but Jaehyo was gone.

-

She entered the chamber and almost gasped at the sight of it. The Jabberwocky was a ginormous dragon with gray scales. It was asleep and it snored loudly. 

Her heart pounded and she was frozen with fear. She could see the door just beyond the sleeping dragon.

How am I going to do this?

-

Meanwhile B-bomb finally reached the bottom of the mountain. He approached the twins as they were picking flowers.

“Hey it’s the friend of the hatter” Tweedledum pointed out.

“That it is. Hello hatter friend” Tweedledee said.

B-bomb nodded “Good to see you”

Then the tweedles gave him a questioning look. “Sir, you didn’t go up to that cave did you?”

B-bomb replied. “I did, how come?”

Tweedledum dropped his basket “Well it be a good thing you didn’t go in”

Tweedlsdee laughed “Good thing that be”

B-bomb became worried “What’s in the cave”

“Don’t matter now you’re here” Tweedledum picked up his basket.

B-bomb grabbed Tweedledum’s collar “What’s in the cave?”

-

Sora tiptoed as quietly as she could, almost forgetting to breathe.  Don’t make a sound

The Jabberwocky held still as it slept. It’s snoring indicated it was in a deep sleep.

Sora moved swiftly over to the door, then she stepped on an acorn and it cracked. The dragon didn’t move. She sighed in relief. Then she stepped forward again and cracked another acorn under her foot.

Then the Jabberwocky’s eyes popped open.

-

B-bomb ran as fast as he could but was no match for the steepness of the mountain. Then a miracle occurred and he ran into Zico, Ukwon and Kyung.

“Where’s Sora?” He yelled.

“She’s gone, we left her in the cave” Ukwon responded.

B-bomb panicked “I shouldn’t have left her”

Zico stopped him from pacing “B-bomb what is it?”

“She’s in trouble we have to get to her now” Then B-bomb cried

Ukwon eyed the Bandersnatch. “I have an idea.”

-

Sora wanted to run but the dragon had her cornered with nowhere to go.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTZXbRGn-SeYW05MTru8F

  She was prepared to say her last goodbyes when she heard the familiar roar of the Bandersnatch.

The Bandersnatch burst in with B-bomb and Ukwon on top of it.

B-bomb pulled out his sword. “Sora!”

“I’m over here!” She cried.

B-bomb faced the Jabberwocky with bravery. He swung his sword and cut its arm. The dragon winced in pain.

Ukwon ran over to Sora while B-bomb was distracting the dragon. He tried to pull her away but she refused.

“We can’t leave him!”

“He can handle it on his own”

When she still resisted Ukwon picked her up and took her to the entrance of the cave. She squirmed the whole way and jumped out of his arms.

“B-bomb!” She called.

He looked over at her and the dragon knocked the sword out of his hands. It rolled on the floor of the cave. B-bomb continued to stand his ground.

He’ll be dead without his sword.

Sora ran into the battle zone. “Sora wait come back” Ukwon shouted. Sora just ignored him. Sliding past the dragon she grabbed the sword and made her way to B-bomb.

B-bomb grabbed the sword from her “Stay back!” He pushed her and she fell on the floor behind him.

The dragon was furious and it hit itself against the walls of the cave dramatically. Then when B-bomb found a chance he sprang up with all his might and cut the head off the Jabberwocky.

The now lifeless head rolled onto the floor and hit Ukwon in the leg. “EW” he shrieked “That’s so gross”

B-bomb, now painting and extremely tired, looked back at Sora “Are you alright?”

She lifted herself from the ground and stood in front of B-bomb. “Thank you”

“Anytime” He smiled.

Then out of nowhere Sora pulled B-bomb’s face close and kissed his lips. Being shocked, his eyes widened and Sora pulled away. “Sorry” she apologized.

B-bomb shook his head “Don’t be sorry” And he kissed her back.