Down the Rabbit Hole

Block B in Wonderland

“Let’s go sit under the oak tree.”

Sora groaned in frustration. “Which oak tree?”

“That tree over there the one on the hill.” Sora’s sister replied.

Sora and her sister Janet plopped down under the selected tree. Sora sat with her back leaning against the tree.

“I can’t believe mom is paying you to tutor me. Couldn’t she just get a real tutor?” Sora crossed her arms.

“Stop complaining” Sora’s sister opened the history textbook. “Alright chapter one”

Sora’s shut her eyes and listened to the sound of her sister’s voice. “During Franklin D. Roosevelt’s presidency the New Deal was established.”

This is so boring. Sora started to drift off.

“Sora!” Her eyes popped open. “Sora don’t fall asleep!”

“I’m sorry” Sora yawned “Can you start over?”

Her sister flipped back a page. “Alright but don’t you dare fall asleep.” She cleared “FDR was president for over two terms…”

Sora’s eyes slowly closed and even though her sister told her not to, she fell asleep.

-

Sora jolted awake. “I’m sorry Janet!” But her sister was nowhere in sight. “Janet?”

Sora stood up from the ground and brushed off any grass. She scanned the area for her sister but didn’t see her. She called out from the hill “JANET!” but no response.

She walked over to a group of hedges she had seen when they walked in. “Hello? Janet are you in here?”

The hedges created a path and Sora followed it. When the path diverged she went left, then right, then left. “Janet this isn’t funny anymore”

She stopped walking when she realized she didn’t know where she was. The hedge was much taller than her so she couldn’t see over it. Oh my god, I’m in a maze.

The hedge behind her rustled and she saw something zoom past her.

“Hello? Is anyone there? I’m lost” She followed the figure.

The figure past her again and she grew angry. “Hey you!” She chased after him. “Don’t just leave me here!!”

She followed him until she reached a dead end with a tree in it. The man poked his head out from behind the tree.

“There you are! Why the hell are you running?” Sora stepped forward and the man hopped through a hole. “Hey!”

Sora ran over to the hole and looked through it. It looked like it went on forever.

Then suddenly she was pushed and she fell in.