The first time apart.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Please call me once you’ve landed” I’m holding his hands ever so tightly, not wanting to let go but has to. The fact that I won’t be seeing him for a whole week is torture. Seunghyun brought my hands to his lips, kissing the back of it “Even if you don’t tell I’ll do that” his voice, I’m going to miss it. “I might be overreacting, but I’ll really miss you. I don’t know what to do this week, alone”. Thinking of it, I have a lot to do. Finals week is fast approaching. Professors are giving loads of assignments, term papers, and quizzes. I’m quite confident that I can manage, though at the back of my mind I have this worry that I might not be able to meet what’s expected of me, and that will truly .

Seunghyun left without looking back at me, and I went home with a heavy feeling. Libby went back to the Philippines yesterday with a promise to the Chois that she’ll be visiting again, probably after saving up enough money. I’m missing her already. Good thing I have school today. I will not keep myself in my room and get to do something to clear my head off Seunghyun even for a while.

With a hazy mood, I prepared for a hectic day in school. Hye Yoon Unnie called to ask if Seunghyun really did leave, because she has a hunch that he won’t. I told her that I won’t allow him if he tells me so, most especially when their trip is important.

Jiwoo is already waiting for me at the Fine Arts lobby when I arrived. I noticed her right hand has faint paint on it. “I worked on our project” she said. And I was reminded of ours too. I sighed, “Seunghyun and I still have a lot to do. We were only able to finish the structure”. Actually, I can work on it even without him, because if I’ll wait for him to return from Japan, we’ll surely not have enough time to finish it. I’ll just coordinate with him and try to execute his ideas beautifully even when I have a strong feeling that I’ll fail.  

“You know what? Don’t think much about him” Jiwoo and I just got out of our second class. Oh! I nearly fail our quiz. Fortunately, I answered the last two questions right, if not, I’ll have another failed quiz on my record. My head is still clouded by thoughts of Seunghyun. I can’t help but think of him. “Do you think he’ll talk to Jenny if she happen to talk to him?” I’ve been wondering about this but didn’t dare ask Seunghyun about it. Jiwoo sighed, placing her hand lightly on my shoulder “Fili, the possibility of it is huge. No worries, I’m sure Seunghyun will not engage into long conversations. He’ll probably just answer her question or give out one liners. Your man is not rude to just ignore her”. She’s right. No matter how Seunghyun hates talking to Jenny, he cannot ignore him completely. Seriously, I have to get out of my head. If this continues, I’ll age double by the time he comes back.

By the end our last class, I’m starting to think of things to do once I get home. I was thinking of reviewing ahead for the finals, finish my assignments even when most of them are due till the end of the week. And try to work on the project that Seunghyun and I are partners on. I’m having second thoughts if I should call back my family. Mama keeps on calling yesterday but because I’m not yet ready for her rage, I didn’t pick up. I know, I’m such a bad daughter, but I don’t want to make another mistake caused by my emotions. I will talk to them once I can think straight.

“He hasn’t called me yet” I cannot count how many times I’ve checked my phone ever since this morning. Jiwoo finished her bowl of ramen first before talking, “Maybe Seunghyun is busy. I heard from one of their classmates that their schedule is packed. He must’ve been occupied th

Please log in to read the full chapter