The weird-o.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Shrugging off the guy’s rudeness, I headed downstairs. If there’s something more amazing about this house, it’s how easy to go around. It didn’t take me long to reach the pool area that even if I’ve seen it a while ago already, I’m still in awe with how beautifully done it is. The long canal-like infinity pool lighted to accentuate its beauty. A patio serves as the seating area, though there is also a lounge area near the elevated hot tub. I can stay here for hours doing nothing.

“Fili!” Hye Yoon Unnie called, approaching me from the patio. I’m comfortably sitting on the lounge chair. “I’ve been looking for you” she sat on the chair beside me and looked at the awesomely lighted pool. “Isn’t this refreshing?” she asked. I looked at her, smiling, and nodded in agreement. “Yes, it is”

At home, the only place where I can feel peace is inside the bathroom, except when my sisters keep on banging the door for their turn. Odd but true. Here, I don’t have to lock myself in the bathroom anymore just to have some time off from people and the world.

Turns out, the reason why Unnie is looking for me is because we’re about to have dinner in a few minutes. Right on time, for my stomach is on a rumble already. After a few minutes of silence and just appreciating the peacefulness, she ushered me to the dining room where Mrs. Choi is settled in. My eyes got big the moment I saw how packed the table is. From salads to steak to cupcakes, I feel full just by looking at it.

“Sit here” Hye Yoon Unnie pulled out the chair beside her for me and patted it. I took a sit and felt uncomfortable all of a sudden. I don’t know, maybe I’m intimidated by everything around me and it just kicked in late. “You should tell me your favorite food so that I can make for you or if I’m not here, our cook will. Also, don’t hesitate to eat whenever you feel like eating” Mrs. Choi said, her voice so soft, it’s soothing in the ear.

“The pantry is always full and open” Unnie pretended to whisper, making me chuckle. “Don’t worry about the weight, you can always hit the gym for a workout” she continued and it brought laughter in the room.

I weigh a little more than women my age, but I don’t eat a lot. According to Mama, my built is big, making it so impossible for me to be as “y” (more like paper thin) as my sister, Cora, whose waist is as just like the size of a fat dog’s neck. Just imagine that. Sometimes, I worry for her because I feel like a slight wind will blow her away.

“As we’ve said a while ago Fili, feel at home. Don’t be shy to eat or use the appliances or do whatever you want” Mrs. Choi is really kind and the same goes to Hye Yoon Unnie as well. They don’t see me as a stranger or just a border, but a member of their family in one way or another, which is heartwarming. Of course, I know my place in this household. I will not cross the line, always respect each and everyone in here and I will not do anything that will disappoint them. Good thing I’m not into trouble.

We started eating even without Seunghyun. They didn’t even call him again after one of the maids told them that his door is locked and he didn’t answer when she knocked after they send her to his room to call him for dinner.

In my family, skipping meals and not joining the family in meals is a big no-no. Ever since young, my parents never failed to tell us that meal time is family time. It’s our chance to talk and connect to each other. It was fun before, but now that my sisters and I have grown and become quite aggressive, instead of talking, chatting happily or bonding, we bicker and fight, even for the pettiest reason. I can’t count with my fingers anymore how many times my second eldest and youngest sister walked out in the middle of our meal. As for me, I stay, for walking out just mean that you’re weak.

“Seunghyunie!” Hye Yoon Unnie cheerfully said and I look up from my plate. Seriously, this guy is like a perfectly sculptured statue. I don’t remember him looking like this when I bumped into him a while ago, or maybe it’s the lighting. The way he stands is so manly that Lois Lane will surely ditch Superman for him.

Sporting a straight face, he spoke in Korean and to my shock Mrs. Choi and Hye Yoon Unnie looked at me as if Seunghyun said something about me. This is the drag of not knowing their language. You start to panic and think that something negative is being said about you.

“Sit down and eat Seunghyunie” Mrs. Choi seemed tensed. Her son obliged and took the seat opposite mine. His eyes met mine and my body went cold. His strong gaze is making me more uncomfortable. I cannot even swallow the food in my mouth. Once again, he spoke in Korean and tension filled the room. Hye Yoon Unnie smirked as if telling him, he’s pathetic.

Eating in front of someone who gives you the c

Please log in to read the full chapter