The party.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Oh no! Ate's here, and when I thought that I'm all good with her coming, I realized that I'm not, simply because I'm not ready to tell her about my relationship yet.

Nervous, I ran to her "Ate!", and she welcomed me in her arms warmly. This is home. My tears fell like waterfalls.

It's been years since I last saw my sister because even if she can go home whenever she wanted from New Zealand by taking a leave from work, she doesn't avail it. According to her, it's just going to be a waste of time and money. After all, she's planning to retire and go back home after I graduate, and that's very soon already.

"I missed you!" she's hugging me really tight. It made me giggle, "I missed you too".

Our sister moment took so long, they have to wait patiently for us to get over ourselves.

"Aigoo. At last, you're reunited!" Hye yoon unnie is jumpy. I can see happiness and excitement on her face.

"Thanks to you Sis!" Ate said to her.

Seunghyun and I looked at each other. He's happy too, but like me, I know that he's nervous. As much as I want to blame him for my sister's presence, I can't, because he's just being sweet by giving me what I want. Thing is, we're both not ready for her.

"Mmm.." I don't know what to say and do next. "I'm Seunghyun" he extended his hand to her, surprising me. Ate looked at me before shaking hands with him, "Hi! Finally, we met! I'm Gloria" she sound awkward.

My heart is beating so darn fast, it feels tight. "He looks so much like you Sis!" Ate told Hye yoon unnie who is just observing everything.

Unnie giggled and patted Seunghyun's shoulder, "He's my boy version" she playfully pinched his cheek. If only he can push his sister away from him, he already did. I find it so funny.

"Gloria, I've said this before and I'll say it again..." Unnie looked and smiled at me, "Fili is really beautiful"

Ate Gloria chuckled, "More beautiful than me" she said. I rolled my eyes, "C'mon Ate, you're the most beautiful amongst the four of us sisters"

I cannot believe this! My sister and I are building each other up to other people, a thing we rarely do. But no , she's more beautiful than me. Her features are more angelic, while mine is common.

The awkwardness didn't fade between me, Seunghyun and my sister. Thanks to Libby and Hye yoon unnie, they're lessening it by throwing jokes very now and then.

"This is the second floor where all bedrooms are" Unnie said like a real tourist guide.

All this time, Seunghyun and I can only look at each other. We're not even walking side by side, because I'm sandwiched between my sister and Libby, and he's leading the way together with his sister.

"This is my room" Unnie welcomed them warmly. Libby cannot contain herself upon seeing the princess type room. "This is BEYOND!" she whispered in awe, making me giggle.

Like me, Libby came from an average family. Raised by her Mother only (her Father left them for another woman even before she could learn how to crawl), she grew up independently. We became friends in elementary where she rescued me from my bullies (by knocking our devilish classmate to the ground and pulling her hair while on top of her), that put her in detention for the whole day. It's right to say that she's my hero. I, on the otherhand is her grade maker. Ever since we became friends up until now we're classmates, I do most of her assignments. In every group project, we're partners. During exams, I let her copy a few answers. Most of the people we know say that she's too dependent on me in academics, and that it's unfair. To be honest, I agree. Thing is, Libby's got too many things to deal with, that all I can do is get her through school till we finish. After all, she never stopped protecting and rescuing me.

"Seunghyun, can we see your room or not?" Unnie asked him.

He looked at me as if telling me to help him. He's so private. "Let's just go to my room instead cause Seunghyun is not ready to show his" I speak out, earning a curious look from my sister.

"Psh!" Unnie just took a chance even though she knows so wel that her brother will not bend. "Lead us to your room now Fili" she said and let me walk ahead of them.

Think Fili, think. What do you have in your room that shouldn't be seen by your sister and best friend? OH MY GOSH!

"This room is as big as our house, I think" my sister said while looking around

 Unnie giggled, "Omma and I made sure that she'll feel at home here. At first she was overwhelmed, but..." she turned to me and smiled, "She adjusted right away"

"I can get lost in here" Libby said and sat on the edge of my bed

She patted it and reached for a pillow, "This smells so good". In panic, I snatched it away from her.

This is driving me nuts! Why does the pillow still smell of Seunghyun when it's been hours since he used it? Is it that strong? Oh well, maybe super expensive perfumes really lasts long.

"That pillow weirdly smells like Seunghyun" Unnie spitted out easily, making me want to dig my own grave and bury myself alive.

Ate Gloria eyed me in suspicion. Her glare is making me shake. "Turns out, they use the same perfume" Unnie continued.

I faked a laugh, "Yeah. We are". Libby raised an eyebrow when our eyes met and my sister stared deep into my eyes like she always does whenever she's figuring out if I'm lying or not.

"Wow!" Libby is looking up at Seunghyun's mural on the ceiling. Her eyes big in amazement. I smiled, "Seunghyun did that. It's beautiful, right?"

I seriously sound like a proud Mother than a girlfriend. The girls are looking up exept for me and Seunghyun. We're just staring at each other. I know he wants to tell me something and I have something to tell him too. I guess we just have to wait until this tour ends and we get out of the house.

"That ends it!" Unnie told them after appreciating the mural, "Don't be shy around here. Fili is really like a family to us already, which means that her family is like ours too. And Sis..." she patted my sister's shoulder, "You're one of my best girls!"

Actually, I never thought that Unnie and Ate Gloria is super close until now. I didn't even know that they call each other "Sis". I'm sure my sister will have a blast here in Seoul with Unnie taking her to fun places. I just hope that she's game for it (she tends to be a fun killer MOST OF THE TIME).

"We'll leave you guys first, ok? There's just something we need to talk about" Unnie said, grabbing Ate Gloria's hand.

I wonder what's that something. Oh gosh, I hope it's not about me and Seunghyun.

"I'll just go to my room" he said and headed to the door.

And I was left with Libby, which is a breath of fresh air. "This room is truly fit for a princess" she said while looking around again. This time, she's checking everything. I stood up from my bed and grabbed her away from the table where the baby monitors are.

"You haven't seen anything yet" I said while dragging her. Unnie missed out the walk-in closet during the tour and I'm so sure that my sister will flip once she sees it. "Paradise" I said upon opening the door. "IT IS!"as expected, Libby is thrilled. She's been dreaming of a walk-in closet since she saw Mariah Carey's in an episode of MTV Cribs.

"Shhiittt!" her eyes are sparkling like diamonds hit by a light. "These are all yours" she looked at me in amazement. I nodded, "Hye yoon Unnie filled this room for me. You know me, I go for whatever, but she doesn't". I walked to the dress rack and pulled out two pieces "Haven't wore them yet. All new" I by swinging the dresses while she's trying to catch them. "You want them?" I asked, still teasing her. Annoyed, she stopped and pushed me with force. Good thing I didn't fall to the ground because my head will surely hit the marble counter. "You're a . You turned into a " she is mad but I cannot help not to laugh.

I am just playing with her. Truth is, if it's possible for me to give out half of what's in my closet, I will, because fashionable clothes doesn't suit me. Libby, however, with a statuesque physique, fits all of them. The clothes will look better on her.

"Seriously" I moved closer to her, my arms crossed across my chest, "You think I turned into a ?"

Libby has perfected the eye roll. She will make you feel so senseless. "Have you?" she asked and we bursted out in laughter.

This is what you call crazy friendship.

"Take whatever you want in here" I handed her the dresses with a smile. "Are you sure?" she asked in shock. I nodded, "I know that it's not right to give out things other people bought for you, but I'm certain that Hye yoon Unnie will understand once she knows about it. After all, their beauty is just going to be wasted if I just stock them in here. They need to go out and party too" I told her and she jumped to me in happiness.

Like little girls, we played dress up, mixing and matching clothes and taking pictures. It ate up a lot of our time that we didn't even notice that the sun's about to set.

"You and him" Libby is on my bed, looking up at Seunghyun's mural once again, "I can see a bright future for you two".

Curious, "How do you say that?" I asked in full interest. She sat up and patted the space beside her, telling me to sit there, and I did. "Prince Charming loves you, and you know me, I'm good at reading people. His eyes says it all. The way he looks at you is just so genuine, I feel envious for only totally in-love men has that"

Hearing this from one of my closest people in the world means a lot,

Please log in to read the full chapter