The Mixed Media class.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

And again, I’m late for my class. I guess this is the perk of being in a big campus. You really cannot go around fast, unless you’re roadrunner. Good thing the professor doesn’t mind. She just looked at me until I reached my seat then continued teaching. If all professors are like her, I’ll be the happiest student.

“Hey!” Soobin, one of my new friends, the blond girl, happened to sit behind me. Her hair is tied in a messy ponytail and her lips are as red as Santa Claus’ costume.

I smiled at her, “Good Morning!” I greeted as soft as I could. She smiled back, “Morns! Like your shirt! So classy”, and I looked at my shirt that has Minnie Mouse on it with her ears embellished with sequins. According to Hye Yoon Unnie, it’s vintage.

Carving class went by smoothly. All we did is watch as our professor shows us how to carve delicately using a bar of soap, then told us to make one as an assignment. Fortunately, I have practiced on soap for years now. This reminded me of the times when Mama goes ballistic whenever her new bar of soap go missing. She will not think twice and blame me for it. In all fairness to me, I give it back to her all the time with a 2D carving on one side. Art-sy soaps are fancier than ordinary ones.

Before our next class starts, my new friends and I decided to eat. Like Haeun, the others also find cafeteria food healthy, so I ended up eating a sandwich from the nearest convenience store again and a cup of strong coffee to get me through the day. So much for sleepless nights.

“We’ll be joined by painting majors again for the next class” Woojin, Haeun’s boyfriend, said after munching his donut. Minjoon, the “closet gay” clapped excitedly, “The hot boys are back!” Yeah. He’s totally gay. I don’t know what’s with the painting majors, but the girls also looked excited, even Haeun.

“Aren’t there hot boys in Sculpting?” I asked innocently. Soobin smirked, “There are. But, they’re either taken or gay” she pointed at the two boys, “These creatures not included” and she smiled at them, “Obviously”. It made us burst out in laughter. “The painting senior batch this year has the hottest guys, EVER!” Jiwoo followed. “Can’t say more”, Haeun countered, “They also have the most beautiful girls” she added.

No wonder. The painting students are popular in our department. It must be so stressful, especially when you’re not given much beauty, for their batch have a reputation to maintain.

“There are two groups amongst a few that are popular. They are respected for their wealth, talent, intelligence and of course, beauty. One is called “The Matisse”, for according to them, they are a burst of colorful personalities and avant-garde. There are ten of them in the group, led by Jenny Park who is very influential around the campus” Minjoon lessoned.

“The girl’s a total , but of course, people are blinded by her beauty and capabilities that they don’t care if her attitude rots like a month old meat. Her Father owns almost half of the art galleries around Seoul. They collect high-end artworks that are supposed to be in museums. She’s a brat, but there’s nothing to fear for she’s not that cruel anymore after her Parents threatened to send her to Japan and live with her Grandparents who are very strict if she “bully” students again”.

Why I am not shocked to hear these things about Jenny? The girl really has an aura of a brat. I suddenly feel nervous for myself. Gosh!

“And –“ Minjoon is not yet done, his voice sounded jumpy, “She was in a long time relationship with one of the heartthrobs not only here in our university but also in others, which leads us to the next group of senior painting majors known as “The Warhols”. They named their group after Andy Warhol for they are brilliant and controversial, and contemporary. There are only three of them and they never add members. Compared to The Matisse, they are more influential. These guys are introverts who looked like they were sculpted by Donatello because of their perfection, especially their leader, Choi Seunghyun”

SERIOUSLY!

I couldn’t help but smirk after hearing that. Like really? Seunghyun, the cold- rude - dark- emotion wrecked guy I live with is leading a group adored by everyone. I never saw that coming. A while ago I feel giddy upon meeting The Warhols, and now I don’t anymore.

Just to know who Seunghyun is in the eyes of the people here, I asked, “What about him?”

Soobin, Jiwoo, Haeun and Minjoon, all took a deep breath like they’re smelling something very aromatic and exhaled as if they were brought to heaven by it. “He’s kind. He might not show it but we can feel that he is. Not so sociable, but he’s much better compared to Jenny. In my four years of studying here, not even once have I talked to him. Not that he’s a snob. It’s just that you’ll think twice before approaching him. Also, he seems so awkward” Jiwoo said.

“How can you not feel awkward when he’s just so freaking handsome?” Soobin said, making me giggle.

I agree. Seunghyun is handsome. But, I can’t understand why they’re going gaga over him. Oh well, maybe because we live in one roof that’s why he doesn’t have much impact on me. And, I’ve already seen angles of his being that others won’t even be able to witness.

“Have we told you how rich his family is?” Minjoon asked and I just stared at him. Of course I know it already. “He and his older sister are Heir and Heiress of their Mother’s Jewelry Company that is one of the top Jewelers in Asia. His Father is a Navy Chief Officer, very influential as well”.

“Only a few have been to their house, but according to them, it is so big to the point that they have every luxury in there. He has his own studio where he displays his artworks and paints. His room is decorated with classic paintings made by famous painters all over the world. The most amazing thing is, he painted his room ceiling, just like what Michelangelo did on the Sistine Chapel” Soobin added.

So it’s not a secret that the Choi family is wealthy. I’m still awed hearing the stories even when I know more than them. The details of Seunghyun’s room are quite interesting. I wonder what he painted on his ceiling, wasn’t able to see it whe

Please log in to read the full chapter