The good girl.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

I’ll just pretend that I didn’t hear that.

Gosh! My heart, why is it hurting? All of a sudden, it felt so heavy. This is weird.

After that, Unnie changed the topic and I forced myself to sleep again. I don’t think I can face them and pretend that I didn’t hear anything when truth is I want to ask Seunghyun why he think I don’t deserve him.

I’m too good? What’s that supposed to mean? He may not be that confident to love again after the damage Jenny made, but I believe that no matter how wrecked a person is, he/she is still capable to love and be loved. After all, a broken heart can be fixed, and bad memories can be replaced with good. Oh well, maybe he really doesn’t mean what he said. He just can’t find a good reason to say why he doesn’t want me.

“Finally” Hye yoon Unnie is standing beside my bed, smiling. I smiled back. “How are you feeling Fili?” she asked and just like what she did to Seunghyun, she my hair too. It’s soothing. “I’m good Unnie” I replied. “Seriously Fili, you made us all worry. If you only know how crazy last night has been” she said, making me curious. Unnie pulled a chair and sat beside my bed, “Seunghyun went home soaking wet. Omma and I were home early and we’re totally surprised by him. He’s in total panic. I’m telling you Fili, I’ve never seen him in that state. And when we asked him about you, he said that something happened and they can’t find you anywhere. He didn’t elaborate but according to him, he’s so close to calling the police for help. We weren’t able to ask any more questions because after checking your room and not finding you there, he dashed out of the house, taking a car with him. Then he came back an hour or two before you did. He waited outside the house for you. I keep on telling him to change into dry clothes first for he can get sick in wet clothes but he didn’t budge. He just waited until you finally arrived. We were relieved until you collapsed. Fortunately, Seunghyun was able to catch you because if not, your head will hit the ground and it will be a bigger problem. Omma and I kept our calm but Senghyun just can’t. He carried you to the car and drove so fast like we’re racing to get you to the hospital as fast as possible. He kept on calling your name and telling Omma and I to check your pulse. I swear Fili, my brother is so worried that it’s almost impossible to believe”

Speechless. I am SPEECHLESS.

Feeling really bad, “I’m sorry Unnie” I apologized sincerely, “It’s true. Something really happened in school that I got disappointed. Dumbly, I walked out on everything, wanting to just be alone to think. Not knowing that it will bring you guys trouble. I’m really sorry” my tears fell automatically. I’m sobbing like a kid with hiccups in between.

“Yaaa” his deep voice made me flinch. Just a minute ago, I looked at him and he’ sleeping soundly. I must’ve wakened him up. For the first time after the kiss, we faced each other again and it is freaking awkward. I can’t look at him straight actually. “And you’re up as well” Unnie told him, breaking the silence. However, Seunghyun looks angry. Maybe he’s not in his element again. “Why didn’t you tell us about your health condition?” he asked all of a sudden. His eyes piercing right to me. “Did you know that you nearly put us in serious by not saying? What do you think will happen if your condition is much worse than now? You said that you don’t want to bring trouble in our family but here you are, doing so. Fili, you made us worry. You –“ he stopped talking upon realizing that I’m crying my eyes out and I’m breathing fast and hard, and not looking good at all.

“I’m so…so…rr…y” talking is impossible for me. My chest felt tight. I’m struggling to breathe. I felt like I’m drowning.

“Yah! Choi Seunghyun! You idiot! How can you scold her like that, huh?” Unnie is in rage. Guilty, Seunghyun forced himself up and dashed to me. “Call the doctor Noona. Pali!” he instructed in panic.

I didn’t get the last word he said but maybe it means quick or fast or something like that.

“I can’t –“ unconsciously, or maybe consciously, I held his hand and tugged it weakly, “Breathe” the last word faded in thin air. I’m in bad shape.

Holding my hand tightly, he looked straight into my eyes, “Stay with me. Don’t collapse on me again. Fili, please. I’m begging you”

Woah! No one begged to me the way he did. He sounded so scared that I felt the need to assure him I won’t go anywhere.

“Seung –“ the word hanged for I’m breathing harder than seconds ago.

Even before I can continue, a doctor and three nurses rushed to me with Hye yoon Unnie tailing them. “We got this” the doctor said to Seunghyun. It took him some time to let go of my hand. A mechanical ventilator was attached to me to assist me with my breathing. Medicines were also injected through my IV.

“She needs to rest. Also, strong emotions triggers an attack. I’ve also injected a medicine for her immune system. The first out of three. She’ll have it every other day” the Doctor said and all I can do is bow my head down.

God knows how ashamed I was for bringing the Choi family, trouble. If only I know that this will happen, I should’ve watched over myself well.

With Seunghyun now on his bed, I stayed silent on mine even when I want to apologize to them once more. “Seunghyunie” Unnie called and he looked at her lamely, “Doctor Kim is suggesting that you transfer to another room”

“Huh? Why?” he asked. Unnie sat on the chair in between our beds and took a deep breath, “Because with the two of you here, recovery will be long, for you’re getting each other’s viruses and stuff. After all, the Doctor just agreed with you staying here because you insisted. Seunghyun, you don’t have a fever anymore and Fili’s spiked up again. Acc

Please log in to read the full chapter