The pool.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I love you!” he snapped me back to my senses and pulled me to him a little too hard that my body slammed into him. “Fili” he cupped my face with both hands, his face just inches away from mine. I can feel him breathing on my lips, making my heart beat so fast. “You hear me?” he asked, looking at me intensely, “I love you!” he said.

What do I do? This is so unexpected. I haven’t prepared for this because I never thought that this will happen. Truth is, I’ve already decided to block my feelings for him just to straighten myself up. Now what? Here he is, messing me up completely.

“Seunghyun” I held his hands with tears pooling in my eyes, “This is…”

He seem to know what he will hear next. He shook his head, “It’s not wrong. Actually, the reason why I admitted everything to the public is because I want to make things right” the sound of his voice is not as enthusiastic as before, “Fili, it’s ok if you’re not going to accept me. As I’ve said, I don’t care if you ignore or run away from me. I just did this to prove to you that my feelings are true and my motive is good. You really don’t need to do anything. Your presence is enough”

My head is spinning. I cannot think right, but I know I have to because if not, I’ll be screwing things up not only for him but for me as well.

“I want to talk with you privately” I told him.

Talking to him after everything that happened is hard, but it’s the only way I know where I can tell him what my heart wants to say.

And that ended the program. It disappointed everybody because they were expecting something more from it and I feel really bad. If only they know how hard it is to be in my place right now.

“Don’t worry about anything Seunghyun!” Jin said, “We’ll take care of everything”

Seunghyun who is obviously being attacked by his nerves, nodded and smiled, “Thanks Bro!”

“OH!” we were surprised when one of the kids tugged his jacket. The little girl is the same girl who held my hand and led me down to the field. Yong wook held the girl’s shoulders and chuckled, “This is Sun hee, my little sister” he said. No wonder they look alike. My face brightened, “Annyeong!” I waved at her and crouched down to her level, “Myeoch sal-iseyo? (How old are you?)”. My Korean still and it made the boys laugh. Sun hee showed me four fingers. I smiled at her and looked up at Yong wook, “She’s lovely” I told him and he chuckled.

Jin pinched the little girl’s cheek, but she didn’t react. “Dangsin I nugu-inji al su issseubnikka? (Do you know who this is?)” he asked her while pointing at me. Sun hee shook her head and the boys smiled at her. Yong wook said something in Korean, I cannot understand much of it anymore then all of a sudden, the smile on the girl’s face was replaced by a frown that ended with her crying.

“Omo!” Seunghyun comforted her right away. What’s cute is, she stopped crying the moment he carried her when she doesn’t even want to be carried by Yong wook. “What happened? What did you tell her?” I asked him curiously. He giggled, “I told her that you’re Seunghyun’s new love”

NEW LOVE. Woah! Strong words.

“Why did she cry?” I asked, still not getting what’s happening. Jin laughed, “Seunghyun is Sun hee’s Prince Charming. She’s got a huge crush on him ever since she was two”, he explained. It made Yong wook and Seunghyun laugh. “My sister thinks that she owns him because he always tell her that she’s his girlfriend” Yong wook said and I cannot even describe how cute this whole things is. Jin smirked, “Sun hee is definitely jealous of you Fili. Aigoo” he said, making me feel guilty.

Bravely, I walked over to Seunghyun who is still carrying little Sun hee, “Hey” I her back and she turned to me right away. No . It’s my first time to see jealousy in a kid’s eyes. She’s looking at me fiercely, intimidating me in snap. Nervous while thinking of the right comforting words to say, I smiled at her but she just stared at me. I met eyes with Seunghyun who is waiting for my next move, “Translate for me” I mouthed, making him nod and smile.

“Please don’t get mad at me” I started, “I’m a friend”. Seunghyun translated right after but it felt weird because he’s saying a lot when I only said a little. All of a sudden, the little girl faced him. What melted my heart is when he wiped her tears with his fingers and kissed her cheek, then she said something and hugged him by the nec

Please log in to read the full chapter